✟54,545.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I miss having friends and loved ones.

I don't want to live alone. I want to live with my parents in a big apartment. But my parents live in a country with 8 hours time difference.

Maybe living with my brother would also be kind of nice, but he lives in a far-away city (about 8 hours train ride), and we both have tiny apartments, so sleeping over is a problem. Not that my brother would want to visit me, anyway. I am the one who always needs to take the initiative with him. He does not really care about our relationship. That is why I gave up.

I would like to visit a friend's house. It has been so long since the last time I did so. Has it been about 20 years?

I even want to adopt a child to escape living alone, but that would probably be very irresponsible of me, and no one would allow that.

I would like to have a family of my own.

I would like to be like other people. But I cannot.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I miss having friends and loved ones.

I don't want to live alone. I want to live with my parents in a big apartment. But my parents live in a country with 8 hours time difference.

Maybe living with my brother would also be kind of nice, but he lives in a far-away city (about 8 hours train ride), and we both have tiny apartments, so sleeping over is a problem. Not that my brother would want to visit me, anyway. I am the one who always needs to take the initiative with him. He does not really care about our relationship. That is why I gave up.

I would like to visit a friend's house. It has been so long since the last time I did so. Has it been about 20 years?

I even want to adopt a child to escape living alone, but that would probably be very irresponsible of me, and no one would allow that.

I would like to have a family of my own.

I would like to be like other people. But I cannot.
Why can’t you be like other people?

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello @mkdrive2 Welcome to CF family and friends.

Your situation is understandable. With the things happening around the world, I believe everyone is going through a similar phase. We are here trying to encourage and strengthen each other.

Maybe someone around you is feeling the same and in need of a friend. Would you be able to visit your nearest neighbor and make some new friends where you live?

There are many forums here that you can explore and participate in (if you are interested). Also, i think this is the best opportunity to spend some quality time meditating the scripture and in worship and prayer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I meant that I lack the ability to befriend people. I never get close to people. We always stay strangers.
Well it takes effort to have friends and even make acquaintances. You just have to put yourself out there in situations that you are interested in to meet likeminded people. But it takes some time to cultivate friendships. It does not happen overnight. Hang in there. No need to throw in the towel.

• Agree
Reactions: boxman144
Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I meant that I lack the ability to befriend people. I never get close to people. We always stay strangers.
So you are an introvert?
I am too and it takes work to get out of your proverbial box. I truly understand. You have to take the first step. Always pray first and then if God gives you the Go Ahead. Do it! :)
Get deep into God's Word and Jesus will show you what to do.
Believe me I truly understand. I come from a family of introverts :)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are things in this world where effort alone is not enough.
Well you cannot have that defeatist attitude and want things to change. I realize you may be depressed but if you are carrying that attitude with you, people will sense it. You may be putting up walls you may not realize you are reflecting to others which could be causing the problem.

• Agree
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkdrive2

Site Supporter
Sep 26, 2014
✟54,545.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well you cannot have that defeatist attitude and want things to change. I realize you may be depressed but if you are carrying g that attitude with you, people will sense it.
It is not an attitude. It is a fact. People do not stay away from me because of some attitude I have.

Also, I am not an introvert.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not an attitude. It is a fact. People do not stay away from me because of some attitude I have.

Also, I am not an introvert.
I did not say you were.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkdrive2

Site Supporter
Sep 26, 2014
✟54,545.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since I opened a thread, I guess results are important. Of course, the most effective way is to think that I have the ability to change things. That things are not the way I want, because I did things the wrong way.

But I am not perfect. I cannot stay motivated despite constant failure. I cannot stay optimistic.

It is true that complaining does not help.

But I am convinced that I cannot get what I want.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know what is the reason. Maybe I can change things. But I don't know how.

I just wanted to talk about my pain. I do not really expect things will change. I do not really expect people to help me get out of this mess.
Maybe consulting a life coach/therapist to help you? You have to open to others suggestions though.

Upvote 0

mkdrive2

Site Supporter
Sep 26, 2014
✟54,545.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe consulting a life coach/therapist to help you? You have to open to others suggestions though.
Haha, I always get that suggestion. And I try to get a therapist, but something always comes up, and I am unable to do therapy. Yes, maybe I will try to find one again.

Good night...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Haha, I always get that suggestion. And I try to get a therapist, but something always comes up, and I am unable to do therapy. Yes, maybe I will try to find one again.

Good night...
Sweet dreams. Prayers for you. :)

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Op... I am sorry that you are in pain. I know loneliness can cause great pain. I had a family and they grew and found families of their own. I still see them but feel like an outsider. It's not the same as when I was the mommy and the center of their universe. Now I've gone to the dogs. Lol my two mutts keep me company. Plus I have my memories.
I hope and pray that one day you will have a family of your own .

Upvote 0