I don't want peace between the Trump Party and the Democratic Party.

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Democrats leadership will move to the left in the coming years. That happens when Republicans choose to make climate, abortion, guns, and gay rights, and heath care for the poor as the primary issues dividing the parties. The people are with the Democrats on all these issues.

Republicans have their own issues: border security and anti-science.
================
So, those interested in politics will decide how to deal with political realities in the next decade.

Personally, I think a conservative party can be one of the two major parties, the two-party system we've had almost always. Those who are NOT-Democrat have a lot of work to do in order to build a majority party.

To an outsider, the solution isn't really that hard. SOMEONE must seize control from the MAGA's who will make the Republicans a 35% party for decades, if they are allowed to stay in control.
================
I will now state my very PERSONAL position. I believe that any party of the Christian Right is doomed to failure. Any party that opposes gay rights will fail. Any party that refuses abortions before 15 weeks will fail. Any party that opposes major efforts towards addressing climate change will fail.
An anti-immigrant party could succeed until the border issue is addressed.
================
A party, conservative on economic issues and liberal on social issues can succeed. Of course, they must accept the need to protect and improve safety net programs and lead the private economy effort to address climate change. This Reaganesque Party can stand for moving more and more power to the states, while protecting freedoms.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,644.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You describe the libertarians.

I think Republicans court the religious right because most Americans don't want pure capitalism.

They like Social Security. They couldn't survive without Medicare and the ACA. They want fair wages. Good schools.

And they have been disappointed too many times to believe that trickle down fairy tale.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You describe the libertarians.

I think Republicans court the religious right because most Americans don't want pure capitalism.

They like Social Security. They couldn't survive without Medicare and the ACA. They want fair wages. Good schools.

And they have been disappointed too many times to believe that trickle down fairy tale.
all true

However, I believe that most current day libertarians accept the safety net as a given. The religious right refuses to accept gay rights, preservation of the environment, an adequate safety net and first semester abortion as a given.

However, I am commenting on someone else's problem. As long as we defeat Trump, both parties will deal with the issue of how to deal with the centrists among them. And in the case of Democrats, time is in our side. those under 30 cannot understand why there is even debate regarding gay rights, the environment, the safety net, and first term abortion.
=============
As an aside, Democrats are all but blind when they discuss the issues of the border, immigration, crime and parental right in schools. These are the issues that prevent us from having a huge majority.
==========================
For now, the Democrats should have no problem fighting against a party that has turned against all their leaders of the past (and their philosophies) in order to embrace Trump. After balance since the war, the Republicans have gone into self-destruct mode. In my lifetime (through 2016), we have had more Republican presidential terms than Democratic (9-7). In 2016, the Republicans attacked them all and reject their conservative party for a populist party.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is another thread on how to bring peace between the parties. This is simply not possible. The MAGA/Trump controlled Republican Party will succeed in continuing as a viable party, or it won't.
Trump never wanted peace, period. He did everything in his power to divide the Democrat, Republican and people ,that didn't bow down to Trump. Trump wanted the rich to get richer and who cares about anyone else. He attracts people, that are easily manipulated. That have no clue, he's screwing them.

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is really a matter of mature civility and that involves listening skills and empathy. Neither side has it. No peace.
It also involves abiding by the constitution when creating legislation.

The "Trump party" merely ripped off the bandaid; exposing the rot of the federal government, and the their companions in the press, who kept you distracted, and focused on bread and circuses.

There are signs of healing- some are breaking free from it, but many of the establishment -also known as the "deep state" won't have it as they will continue to stir the pot.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is another thread on how to bring peace between the parties. This is simply not possible. The MAGA/Trump controlled Republican Party will succeed in continuing as a viable party, or it won't.
You are correct ... peace between the two is impossible .... there is too far of a divide between the republican party and the democratic party ... regardless of who their presidential candidate may be.

Upvote 0