• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I don't need Therapy. How do I make this clear to a non christian?

Randy Rapture

Oct 13, 2021
Fayetteville
✟17,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This looks like a good place I can ask about this. I don't know how to put it because I'm annoyed and don't know where to start..
Sure we all need good counsel..I'll take Jesus..

You never know unless you walk a mile in a mans shoes. And some couldn't make it a half mile yet they want to preach from the pulpit of Mr rogers neighborhood..Well I didn't come from any Mr. rogers neighborhood..I live in the real world..Where you work like a mule just to pay bills..I have no problem understanding you can't afford a cruise to the Bahamas.. But after work I go home I rest. I work a very dirty Job that is crappy literally and figuratively. And because of this some would say I need Therapy???? I'm happy It's called perspective. I don't have the money for a cruise..I don't have the energy..there is a physical aspect..I'm 51 years old and do the work of 20 year olds..But I guess in Mr rogers Neighborhood you don't understand this??? I'm the only plumber in a 13 million sq foot medical facility...But I suppose that is too difficult to understand?

What I'm getting at is I have a Dr. That says I need a therapist..I've read a lot of psychology books.And I grew up with therapy..I also have Jesus the good counselors..And I also have people in my life like my Grandma and Mom and dad I could vent to..I hardly ever get to speak to them.. I raised a daughter with cancer. Over 75 major surgeries by the time she was 11..I also over came a 7 year crack addiction heald by the blood of Jesus..I've also had the same wife.My only wife for 20 years...But someone from a divorce says I need help..If anything i should be counseling them..

How can I explain to my substance abuse Dr to chill? And to quit confusing my fatigue and lack of funds with depression?? I don't have the energy to do stuff that i enjoy...When I have energy i have work piled up. I don't have it like that in life..And I'm not depressed about it..I'm thankful!

The whole reason I'm seeing a substance abuse Dr. is because they put me on pain meds.I didn't know they were addictive when I was on pain management..So I'm nothing them for high..Or I was not taking them to get high.Well I don't do those anymore..But Ido have to take suboxone or I'll just get sick..None of which some therapist will be able to fix? I just can't explain all this without coming off as condescending as you can see..But unless you know where i have been i don't expect anyone to understand...But trust me even though I'm in pain,tired and broke...I'm thankful and happy. I should be a counselor..And technically I'm a ;Leader so I already am..

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you very sober? Maybe that’s why he thinks so…. Or he thinks you should be depressed. But you have life you don’t need entertainment, or sin, or try laughing a little more with him. Don’t worry be happy and let you face know it. The world values being animated as evidence you are not depressed. Be active, upbeat, move hands and communicate what you’ve just said. I don’t find it condescending. Maybe he think it’s maybe he’ll understand you better. I mean if that’s the way it is…

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Welcome to CF

Love of self, inner joy and peace.... those are some of the major things therapy (in a round about way) look to attain. And yet with the spirit of God within you have access to that and much more...
Natural mans analyses is viewed through worldly perceptions ...they are not always wrong, but they cannot comprehend the spiritual man ...God works from the inside...just make sure you take the time to study the Word.... it's the greatest healer I know of in every category of life...and it will keep you energized.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This looks like a good place I can ask about this. I don't know how to put it because I'm annoyed and don't know where to start..

You never know unless you walk a mile in a mans shoes. And some couldn't make it a half mile yet they want to preach from the pulpit of Mr rogers neighborhood..Well I didn't come from any Mr. rogers neighborhood..I live in the real world..Where you work like a mule just to pay bills..I have no problem understanding you can't afford a cruise to the Bahamas.. But after work I go home I rest. I work a very dirty Job that is crappy literally and figuratively. And because of this some would say I need Therapy???? I'm happy It's called perspective. I don't have the money for a cruise..I don't have the energy..there is a physical aspect..I'm 51 years old and do the work of 20 year olds..But I guess in Mr rogers Neighborhood you don't understand this??? I'm the only plumber in a 13 million sq foot medical facility...But I suppose that is too difficult to understand?

What I'm getting at is I have a Dr. That says I need a therapist..I've read a lot of psychology books.And I grew up with therapy..I also have Jesus the good counselors..And I also have people in my life like my Grandma and Mom and dad I could vent to..I hardly ever get to speak to them.. I raised a daughter with cancer. Over 75 major surgeries by the time she was 11..I also over came a 7 year crack addiction heald by the blood of Jesus..I've also had the same wife.My only wife for 20 years...But someone from a divorce says I need help..If anything i should be counseling them..

How can I explain to my substance abuse Dr to chill? And to quit confusing my fatigue and lack of funds with depression?? I don't have the energy to do stuff that i enjoy...When I have energy i have work piled up. I don't have it like that in life..And I'm not depressed about it..I'm thankful!

The whole reason I'm seeing a substance abuse Dr. is because they put me on pain meds.I didn't know they were addictive when I was on pain management..So I'm nothing them for high..Or I was not taking them to get high.Well I don't do those anymore..But Ido have to take suboxone or I'll just get sick..None of which some therapist will be able to fix? I just can't explain all this without coming off as condescending as you can see..But unless you know where i have been i don't expect anyone to understand...But trust me even though I'm in pain,tired and broke...I'm thankful and happy. I should be a counselor..And technically I'm a ;Leader so I already am..
The cross is no fun, but for what it's worth, I feel like I got some therapy from your post.

Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Doctors can be wrong like anybody else, but you're paying this guy for his professional opinion, and he thinks you need therapy. Does that not rock your boat even a little bit? I'd suggest you not come here and try to find someone to agree with you. You will surely find it, and get what you want. And frankly, that is behavior typical of an addict.

At the very least, get a second opinion from a qualified individual who sees you in person.

Upvote 0

Randy Rapture

Oct 13, 2021
Fayetteville
✟17,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doctors can be wrong like anybody else, but you're paying this guy for his professional opinion, and he thinks you need therapy. Does that not rock your boat even a little bit? I'd suggest you not come here and try to find someone to agree with you. You will surely find it, and get what you want. And frankly, that is behavior typical of an addict.

At the very least, get a second opinion from a qualified individual who sees you in person.
. Typical behavior huh. What do you know about being an addict?

I explained more than enough about my bout with past addiction. And how I got suckered jn to this. And what I’ve been through. So much for discernment. Ok whatever. hey can someone loan me a dollar. ???? Excuse me. Now That was really typical behavior Of an addict .. But I’ll take it over grandiose any day.

When you experience a life changing injury you should be thankful we all are aware of this opiate addiction these days . When I started going it wasn’t an epidemic and all I knew to do was listen to moms voice in my memory and She said listen to the Dr and take his meds. Well I did ! Hmm and Now I have to take meds because of what that caused . Substance addiction Program.

So Who abused it ? Was it us or the government? Nahh the government or doctors would never do anything to harm us. Now would they ??? I’m sure it is all my fault. I’m sure it was all us. Especially us coooky Jesus freaks. We really need the help.

Big pharma is still out there with Satan at the helm. So don’t call the kettle black. Maybe someone you care for may opt for it. God forbid. At least we are all aware of the outcome now. Wish I was.

Not everyone that experiences a life changing injury choose to be a typical addict ! As life is not hard enough already . I can’t wait to judgment day. I have to deal with you and doctors looking down on me while I behave like a typical addict. That’s all it is.

What’s a typical behavior for a typical addict. A long hair bum that steals looking for his next fix. Is that someone too sorry for God to love. ? Or is it just someone weaker than you ?? A prostitute? Not up to your standards ???? No no no. Lying all the time and stealing ????? Smoke weed and drink beer and listen to rock and roll ????? No no man you are wrong. A lot of us don’t behave like that sir. Or do you think I’m lying ? Unaware of what is deep inside my heart ? Only God can point that out. You don’t know either. Only God knows.

I had already been clean from a whole other substance I prayed for years to get away from. So I can tell you a thing about strength and weakness. He actually filled my spirit and healed me just like that. A lot of dark and ugly in my heart. Broken and in need of a savior No denying. I still am. And I was in the ministry when I started having those pains. I did not choose to be hooked on pain meds. Wasn’t much of a choice really. Heck I still hurt. But I hope I can make it. God says do not fear. I wonder what a therapist would say ??? Hmm How typical.

Look You do not know as much as you think
you do. Typical addict.. And other people aren’t as weak and stupid as you view them either.
and I don’t care if you agree. Or anyone else. I’m looking for a way to explain my view to this person because I like her and would prefer to keep her around. She’s young and she’s like you. Not very understanding about what makes a person strong. All But she is extremely kind. I prefer that.. You would think there’s a reason people do what they do. Not everything jn life is a snap and convenient as it is for everyone else . There is also the money factor. You don’t think if I had that option I would have tried it ? Well when you assume someone is an inferior typical idiot I guess you would have to point out the obvious. But next clinic is over 50 miles. And I already posted about my job.

But for now on. These people that got hooked on pain meds were people that say things like you. How dare you call us typical addicts and ahhh behavior of a typical addict. Why don’t you go ahead call us inferior and weak while your at it. you’re supposed to be a Christian. Jesus deciples are awesome people because of the way the practice humility. You know who they are because the way they treat each other. I don’t listen to words from people Anyways. But I listened to you. Even in text actions speak volumes.

I’m done

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

There are, in truth, far more addicts than we think. Indeed, if we look at the matter squarely: we are pretty much all addicts. The official statistics on the consumption of hard drugs or alcohol don’t begin to give a fair representation of the issue.

We need to define addiction in a new way: addiction is the manic reliance on something, anything, in order to keep our dark or unsettling thoughts at bay. What properly indicates addiction is not what someone is addicted to, for we can get addicted to pretty much anything.

It is the motives behind their reliance on it – and, in particular, their desire to avoid encountering the contents of their own mind.

Really the only one who can help us with whatever one's addiction is ... Jesus ... He gets us through it and it sounds like that is where you are .... so that is why you are at peace overall even amongst turmoil ;o) addicted to Jesus, you betcha ;o) it works ... because He works ;o)

We have a wonderful God .... AMEN! May we all be strengthened in our walk with Him. AMEN!

Upvote 0

Randy Rapture

Oct 13, 2021
Fayetteville
✟17,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The cross is no fun, but for what it's worth, I feel like I got some therapy from your post.
Thanks. I’m not one to give out therapy . But atleast the crosses message contained charity and love. That and his name alone makes it Effective and powerful.
You could be headed for a relapse if you are working too hard. Talk it out get beyond.
I couldn’t imagine how anyone could relapse from being on suboxone for years. Well unless if someone was on heroine or that other stuff what’s it called. Fetynol. But I wouldn’t know about that. And I know a lot of dead people the past couple years from all that. I guess everyone is different. Plus I had Jesus at the time I started pain management. So I’m not filling an emptiness.

A real addiction expert should understand the threshold of that drug suboxone . eventually you just stay sober. After so many strips the drug blocks itself. 3 is the max. Who do you hear of dying from suboxone. It’s the least like drug for addicts in recovery from what I gather. As far as getting high.

And if you do relapse. Your wasting your time. You can’t feel it on suboxone. Waste of money. Only thing is. You get sick once you try to quit suboxone . It’s not like Methadone where you can easily kill yourself as many has done. Especially while mixing other drugs. Like Benzos.

If I were chasing a euphoria I would be on metahadone. My euphoria now is praising my life and salvation As far as I’m concerned. I’ve been a good boy and been In their system a very long time. And I haven’t had a buzz In years.

The only thing that can set me free from this traded legal prescribed addiction treatment drug called suboxone at this point is my faith in Jesus Christ. But if I am wrong correct me. Maybe that’s just my typical addict behavior speaking. But if I’m wrong I will listen how that applies for sure. Please feel free to kindly or humbly eleaborate. Maybe I am in denial. Because Maybe I am just a typical addict. Whatever defines what that is. I still don’t know ????
Or maybe I am a nut case and don’t realize it. It’s time for Cocoa Puffs .. I’m going to say all that matters and All we need is Jesus ..And you just can’t convince some people no matter how you behave or what you say. now I’m done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
. Typical behavior huh. What do you know about being an addict?

I explained more than enough about my bout with past addiction. And how I got suckered jn to this. And what I’ve been through. So much for discernment. Ok whatever. hey can someone loan me a dollar. ???? Excuse me. Now That was really typical behavior Of an addict .. But I’ll take it over grandiose any day.

When you experience a life changing injury you should be thankful we all are aware of this opiate addiction these days . When I started going it wasn’t an epidemic and all I knew to do was listen to moms voice in my memory and She said listen to the Dr and take his meds. Well I did ! Hmm and Now I have to take meds because of what that caused . Substance addiction Program.

So Who abused it ? Was it us or the government? Nahh the government or doctors would never do anything to harm us. Now would they ??? I’m sure it is all my fault. I’m sure it was all us. Especially us coooky Jesus freaks. We really need the help.

Big pharma is still out there with Satan at the helm. So don’t call the kettle black. Maybe someone you care for may opt for it. God forbid. At least we are all aware of the outcome now. Wish I was.

Not everyone that experiences a life changing injury choose to be a typical addict ! As life is not hard enough already . I can’t wait to judgment day. I have to deal with you and doctors looking down on me while I behave like a typical addict. That’s all it is.

What’s a typical behavior for a typical addict. A long hair bum that steals looking for his next fix. Is that someone too sorry for God to love. ? Or is it just someone weaker than you ?? A prostitute? Not up to your standards ???? No no no. Lying all the time and stealing ????? Smoke weed and drink beer and listen to rock and roll ????? No no man you are wrong. A lot of us don’t behave like that sir. Or do you think I’m lying ? Unaware of what is deep inside my heart ? Only God can point that out. You don’t know either. Only God knows.

I had already been clean from a whole other substance I prayed for years to get away from. So I can tell you a thing about strength and weakness. He actually filled my spirit and healed me just like that. A lot of dark and ugly in my heart. Broken and in need of a savior No denying. I still am. And I was in the ministry when I started having those pains. I did not choose to be hooked on pain meds. Wasn’t much of a choice really. Heck I still hurt. But I hope I can make it. God says do not fear. I wonder what a therapist would say ??? Hmm How typical.

Look You do not know as much as you think
you do. Typical addict.. And other people aren’t as weak and stupid as you view them either.
and I don’t care if you agree. Or anyone else. I’m looking for a way to explain my view to this person because I like her and would prefer to keep her around. She’s young and she’s like you. Not very understanding about what makes a person strong. All But she is extremely kind. I prefer that.. You would think there’s a reason people do what they do. Not everything jn life is a snap and convenient as it is for everyone else . There is also the money factor. You don’t think if I had that option I would have tried it ? Well when you assume someone is an inferior typical idiot I guess you would have to point out the obvious. But next clinic is over 50 miles. And I already posted about my job.

But for now on. These people that got hooked on pain meds were people that say things like you. How dare you call us typical addicts and ahhh behavior of a typical addict. Why don’t you go ahead call us inferior and weak while your at it. you’re supposed to be a Christian. Jesus deciples are awesome people because of the way the practice humility. You know who they are because the way they treat each other. I don’t listen to words from people Anyways. But I listened to you. Even in text actions speak volumes.

I’m done

What would I know about being an addict? I am one. I'll be in a 12 step meeting tomorrow night, like I am every Thursday. Because I can't make it without help.

Maybe you haven't hit bottom yet like I did. I hope you don't have to experience that. But you come here and you want people to affirm you in your claim that you don't need any help? You won't get that from me. I don't know you, and I don't know how bad off you are. Maybe you're completely fine. Then again, you've already admitted being addicted twice in your life. And it sounds like it's never been your fault. Maybe there's a Narcotics Anonymous chapter near you. I hope you look for that. I wish you well.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have your back bent to the task. I hope it’s not pig poop.ha.
Just be honest. Most people don’t believe Christian values. They think it’s a cover up for something worse. Why would anybody want to work so hard’. Even farmers have mechanization, they think. Talk about love and joy to her. Be of sound mind. Take a psych test maybe. They are fun. If she doesn’t want to be convinced she won’t be. Therapists, want to break faith, rationalize faith, just like professors. Be light, be fun and animated. As a minister.

Reactions: Randy Rapture
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,047.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Needing rest and not getting it is the problem of the world in a nutshell. Performance rewards with wages and that is societal. Be still and wages are cut off. Hard and difficult rat-race to get out of. But God's rest isn't dependant on that. His reasoning is that toil in the world is overcome by the mind of Christ.
Romans 4:4, James 1:17, John 14:27
What I'm saying is that He has given you a sober and sound mind, but not in the form that the world controls you but you remain in Christ and allow His way to work in you.

• Prayers
Reactions: Randy Rapture
Upvote 0

Randy Rapture

Oct 13, 2021
Fayetteville
✟17,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. I’m not one to give out therapy . But atleast the crosses message contained charity and love. That and his name alone makes it Effective and powerful.

I couldn’t imagine how anyone could relapse from being on suboxone for years. Well unless it heroine I guess. And everyone it different. Plus I had Jesus at the time I started pain management. A real addiction expert should understand the threshold of that drug. You eventually stay sober. And if you do relapse. Your wasting your time. You can’t feel it. Waste of money. Only thing is. You get sick once you try to quit. As far as I’m concerned. I’ve been a good boy and been In their system a very long time. The only thing that can set me free is my faith.anything human is part of the money racket
There are, in truth, far more addicts than we think. Indeed, if we look at the matter squarely: we are pretty much all addicts. The official statistics on the consumption of hard drugs or alcohol don’t begin to give a fair representation of the issue.

We need to define addiction in a new way: addiction is the manic reliance on something, anything, in order to keep our dark or unsettling thoughts at bay. What properly indicates addiction is not what someone is addicted to, for we can get addicted to pretty much anything.

It is the motives behind their reliance on it – and, in particular, their desire to avoid encountering the contents of their own mind.

Really the only one who can help us with whatever one's addiction is ... Jesus ... He gets us through it and it sounds like that is where you are .... so that is why you are at peace overall even amongst turmoil ;o) addicted to Jesus, you betcha ;o) it works ... because He works ;o)

We have a wonderful God .... AMEN! May we all be strengthened in our walk with Him. AMEN!

Amen to that.

The issue is far more complex than what these secular therapist are led to believe even aside from the spirit realm. Depth is also uncommon amongst that shrink community. There is a few that touch past the first layer. I was reading addiction is not evil because not all people are evil. Uggh ok stop right there. That’s a bunch of bull. I won’t say anymore about that. yes addiction is evil and nobody is good. Addiction is a vice I don’t care how he paints that pig.

I’m so burnt out with the scientific high priest of atheism. I have to hand it to them though. They have a lot of Christian’s buying into their bull.
But seems as Most don’t believe There is also a spiritual side to this addiction thing . I consider it demonic. The battle for our soul. Not to mention all the different drugs for treatments and how they effect each individual. And Satan with his arsenal and bag of tricks will throw the best for a loop. Quite confusing to say the least.

I guess I’m going to babble with my irrelevance one more time . My first bout with addiction was not a physical addiction. I was just chasing a euphoria. I liked feeling good. I had an emotiness that needed to be filled. And I was convinced the government lied about weed being deadly.when I found that not to be truth I just assumed they were lying about all drugs. So I listened to my first girlfriend and tried free basing coke and I was in love. And it took divine intervention to take that. There is not really much of a physical addiction to deal with but the high was out of this world. I learned that when they say it’s all in your head. That is the tough part. The battle of the mind . That is no joke at all. But combine that with your body cramping and going into sweats. It’s pure hell.

Totally Ironic that someone would return to addiction. I was so thankful to God for being set free of that addiction. But I still smoked I cigarettes. I’m thankful I remained humble. But I never would’ve thought needing help from a professional would’ve led me straight into even deeper meat hooks. I trusted the doctors to do good for me.I took the medicine just as prescribed for over 10 years before they pulled the rug from under me. I had no idea I was addicted until that happened. I had been addicted for years and didn’t even know.
That’s when a friend of mine got me some pills and it made all the difference. Now at this point I’m back in the street to keep from being sick. Not like before filling an emptiness. It wasn’t about being high anymore. It was about feeling normal.

I have no desire to go back to oxycodone. And I have to deal with a lot of pain while working a hard labor job. I don’t expect anyone to understand my delima. I just need them to undrstand that their treatments are dead and they have failed me many times. And I don’t say this from making excuses. I. Feel I’m telling the truth when I say they would never understand until they had them meathooks latched into their own soul . And without love or charity and Jesus. I’m wasting their and my time.

Upvote 0

Randy Rapture

Oct 13, 2021
Fayetteville
✟17,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would I know about being an addict? I am one. I'll be in a 12 step meeting tomorrow night, like I am every Thursday. Because I can't make it without help.

Maybe you haven't hit bottom yet like I did. I hope you don't have to experience that. But you come here and you want people to affirm you in your claim that you don't need any help? You won't get that from me. I don't know you, and I don't know how bad off you are. Maybe you're completely fine. Then again, you've already admitted being addicted twice in your life. And it sounds like it's never been your fault. Maybe there's a Narcotics Anonymous chapter near you. I hope you look for that. I wish you well.
I’m sure I didn’t hit rock bottom the way you did. And vice versa. I probably read your comment wrong because I was looking up at you. Maybe my own perspective is doing the translating. my apologies for taking such an offense and reacting to it in that manner

But Nothing is typical in my scenario. My behavior isn’t even typical. Way to complex for typical and obviously hard to understand. I would say yes if I was out seeking a high intentionally and got hooked. And never experienced a miracle first hand. . Just the same I don’t believe you are a typical addict or behave like one either or you wouldn’t be here on a Christian forum replying to me .

And I have to clear up the fact that I don’t need anyone to affirm anything about myself. But more of the effectiveness of God . Especially when we surrender our will to him. Which fortunately is easy to do at rock bottom .. other wise surrender is not easy , is it ?
oh And no doctor bill. Therapist cost too much.

I have listened to other addicts and now that I think about it there is a typical pattern and Ofcourse the denial aspect of things. But My behavior , something is different. Because I can relate with 2 types of addicts with 2 different substance . I’m a recovered addict healed by the blood. But I’m also an addict at the same time with the help of big pharma. There are Christians that try to convince me it is because I’m not really saved.

But back to this ;There are the addicts that are looking for a high. Any high or a specific fix And nothing fills that emptiness but a buzz temporarily .
Since our Govt and schools taught us in the 80s that marijuana was deadly I viewed them as Liars that didn’t know much. Then I tried cold beverages and LSD And everything seemed fine to me. I never had any withdrawals. I never went broke or tempted to break the law for it.

;
I had no idea what I was in for when I ended up living with my girlfriend that was a full blown crack addict. I didn’t have Mom or Dad to live with back then. But If we were informed more honestly about drug addiction I would have never tried it.But I did. Because Who wants to try something knowing you will end up as a junkie. I don’t And nobody twisted my arm. It was All because of my lack of knowledge and I had no weed so I was like why not. That one hit is all it took and what a life afterwards.

But you also have the addict that was clean. Or was clean their whole life because they were done or didn’t abuse drugs. That was a lot of people that last decade or so.
when I got hooked on pain meds. Many years later. I had no idea the doctor would give out anything addictive like that. This is prior to this opiate epidemic awareness little longer than 10 years . Nothing on the news about it at this time period . As if the news is something to rely on.
thing is I was not out looking for a buzz.whole different scenario . But I did want to be free of pain and I assumed it’s best to listen to the DR. No it’s not in that case.

It was a year later that I realized the stufff is addictive. I went to the Dr thinking I had a bug that I couldn’t shake. I have a physical job and I have been working through the pain for years and back then the stuff wasn’t expensive enough for me to hit rock bottom.

I have quit all the pain meds but I was back and forth juggling methadone for trying not to get hooked on it to stay off. That is a dangerous rd of picking and choosing your battles. That stuff had me nodding and drooling. with the help of Suboxone therapy. When I take it I don’t experience any euphoria. I take it to feel normal though. I’ve been on it for years now.

I’ve tried NA and AA and I got the chips and key chains. I read the Alanannon book or whatever. But I didn’t get too much out of it. I would prefer to sit in a group of Christian’s as apposed to some therapist from Mr Rogers neighborhood that had Mom and Dad pay his way through School. Maybe it is wrong of me to feel that way. But I studied the Bible and have studied psychology and I have a hard time with someone with no gray hair teach me how to behave in my marriage . Or anything that I can read on my own. I’ve tried it all. And I don’t want to waste their time or mine. How much more functional can a marriage minded human behave???

I could almost be a counselor . So It’s not that I need affirmation. Or self approval or none of that. I just don’t understand why this is hard to explain. Or hard to understand. I can’t find a way to do it for a Carnal person. Or apparently to anyone. I feel as if I’m being totally honest here. If I could find a good church group I would be all in. But I don’t want to pay for something that I already know will be a waste of money. But explain that to them.

Stay blessed

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Randy Rapture

Oct 13, 2021
Fayetteville
✟17,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ok my apologies for taking such an offense and reacting to it in that manner. I’m sure I didn’t hit rock bottom the way you did. And vice versa. I probably read your comment wrong because I was looking up at you. Maybe my own perspective is doing the translating.
But Nothing is typical in my scenario. I don’t believe it is in yours or you wouldn’t be on a Christian forum. And I don’t need anyone to affirm anything about myself. But the effectiveness of God. Especially when we surrender our will to him. Which fortunately is easy to do at rock bottom .. other wise surrender is not easy , is it ?

There are addicts that are looking for a high. And nothing fills that emptiness but a buzz. Since our Govt and schools taught us in the 80s that marijuana was deadly I viewed them as Liars that didn’t know much. Then I tried cold beverages and LSD I had no idea what I was in for when I ended up living with my girlfriend that was a full blown crack addict. I didn’t have Mom or Dad to live with back then. But If we were informed more honestly about drug addiction I would have never tried it.But I did. Who wants to try something knowing you will end up as a junkie. I don’t And nobody twisted my arm. All because of my lack of knowledge and I had no weed so I was like why not. That one hit is all it took and what a life.
But when I got hooked on pain meds. Many years later. I had no idea the doctor would give out anything addictive like that. This is prior to this opiate epidemic. Nothing on the news at this time. As if that is something to rely on. I was not out looking for a buzz.whole different scenario . But I did want to be free of pain and I assumed it’s best to listen to the DR. No it’s not in that case.

It was a year later that I realized the stufff is addictive. I went to the Dr thinking I had a bug that I couldn’t shake. I have a physical job and I have been working through the pain for years and back then the stuff wasn’t expensive enough for me to hit rock bottom.

I have quit all the pain meds but I was back and forth juggling methadone for trying not to get hooked on it. That stuff had me nodding and drooling. with the help of Suboxone therapy. When I take it I don’t experience any euphoria. I take it to feel normal though. I’ve been on it for years now.

I’ve tried NA and AA and I got the chips and key chains. I read the Alanannon book or whatever. But I didn’t get too much out of it. I would prefer to sit in a group of Christian’s as apposed to some therapist from Mr Rogers neighborhood that had Mom and Dad pay his way through School. Maybe it is wrong of me to feel that way. But I studied the Bible and have studied psychology and I have a hard time with someone with no gray hair teach me how to behave in my marriage . Or anything that I can read on my own. I’ve tried it all. And I don’t want to waste their time or mine. It’s not that I need affirmation. I just don’t understand why this is hard to explain. Or hard to understand. That is why I’m here

Upvote 0