I did somethin' bad again, perhaps unforgivable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seonta

Jan 13, 2005
✟7,831.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Thanks for your replies everyone. I read every one of them. I've been reading the bible more, but I never or rarely feel peace, and I still have stuff that just invades my mind. I think I need to get prayed for and be in the presence of the holy spirit. Its just so hard for me to do anything that involves other people (but I do go to church) because im so shy. I don't know. Do you think I should join some youth groups or something?
And this is really off subject but I need advice. My friend was telling me about how she thought her parents were going to have a divorce, and I stupidly thought that I should say something that could relate to her situation, so that she didn't feel alone so I said something that might kind of slander my parents. I verbally repented but is this the kind of sin that could only be forgiven if I went to my parents and asked them to forgive me because I sinned against them??

Upvote 0

Dondi

Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seonta said:
Thanks for your replies everyone. I read every one of them. I've been reading the bible more, but I never or rarely feel peace, and I still have stuff that just invades my mind. I think I need to get prayed for and be in the presence of the holy spirit. Its just so hard for me to do anything that involves other people (but I do go to church) because im so shy. I don't know. Do you think I should join some youth groups or something?
And this is really off subject but I need advice. My friend was telling me about how she thought her parents were going to have a divorce, and I stupidly thought that I should say something that could relate to her situation, so that she didn't feel alone so I said something that might kind of slander my parents. I verbally repented but is this the kind of sin that could only be forgiven if I went to my parents and asked them to forgive me because I sinned against them??

Seonta,

I remember being notoriously shy when I was a teen, still am in a lot of ways. But I definitely would encourage you to get involved in youth groups. There is nothingharder than trying to live the christian life alone. You need people who are going through many of the same struggles you are going through. You're no different:

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." - I Corinthians 10:13

And it's not that you have to get prayer for, but you need to develop a loving relationship with the Lord. God is you Father and will listen to your every prayer. When you pray, open you whole heart to Him, acknowledge that you do have shortcomings. You can talk to Him as naturally as you talk with a friend, you can pour out yoy heart to Him. He knows your heart, but God is there to help you, His Holy Spirit inside you will help you. I think much of what you are dealing with is simply getting your mind to think like God thinks, and that means getting the Word into your heart and mind.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

I don't know how long you have been a Christian, or how versed you are in Scripture, but God operates two ways: through His Spirit and through His Word. they work hand in hand. You have to be willing to read your bible. Read it as if God is personally speaking to your heart. The Word is for you. it is God's Love expressed in words for you. Realize He wants what is best for you, the Holy Spirit will show you what you need to change and how to do it.

You are know the mistakes you've made. OK. That's actually a good sign. And it seems like you really want to change. But you you have to allow yourself time to change. A pianist doesn't learn to play overnight, she must practice everyday. A bodybuilder doesn't get muscles overnight, He must workout everyday. A singer doesn't learn how to sing opera overnight, she must take voice lessons and practice everyday. You are still young in the Lord and God will work with you where you are.

As far as forgiveness, there are two kinds: forgiveness from God and forgiveness from others.

God has forgiven you and sanctified you in Christ Jesus through His Blood on the Cross. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Like I said, he is a Father. I have two little children of my own. If one of them does something i disapprove of, I might get mad and punish them, like send them to their room, but they are still my daughters and I still love them, no matter what. When she comes back to me and tells me sorry, i hug her and the relationship is strong again. The same it is with God. You're still His child, and if you done wrong, He'll let you know it and will want you acknowledge your wrong to Him, but He still loves you

As far as seeking forgiveness from others, that is always good, if we know we've done wrong. It will help restore relationships just like with God. It is a brave thing to admit when you are wrong, but it lets others know that you know what you did wrong.

I hope this helps.

Love & Peace,

Dondi

Upvote 0

eden2760

Veteran
May 4, 2005
Seoul, South Korea
✟16,360.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seonta,

I'd just like to add a little tidbit, and a caution. You feelings are given to you by God. They're one of the ways he reaches you. But remember this, that your feelings, while sometimes an indicator, should not be the sole 'guage' of your relationship with Christ. That's what the Word does. The Word is the mirror that we must hold up to our lives to determine if we are truly in the faith.

The thing I wanted to point out though, is this: Your SPIRIT got saved. You have a Spirit, a Soul (which is your mind and emotions), and Flesh. Your spirit got saved; however, your flesh did not. Your flesh does however REMEMBER what you did before you got saved. But that doesn't mean you're not saved.

Just keep the faith. As long as your heart is for the Lord, you've got nothing to worry about. God Bless, sis!

Reactions: BarbB
Upvote 0

KEMMER

Mar 7, 2006
B.C. canada
✟1,018.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seonta said:
So my sister asked if I had been baptized in the Holy Spirit, or if I had the Holy Spirit or something like that she said, and I muttered, "I don't know." When I know that at one time I had been baptized in the spirit, Im totally sure of it. But now, I never feel saved or anything. Sometimes I don't even feel like I'd go to heaven if I died. Sometimes I think that im not spirit filled anymore, but who can blame God, after what I said. And the even more horrid thing is that I said that again at another time! The first time was because I was an idiot and probably embarassed, the second time was because I really didn't know if I still was baptized. Is this the unpardonable sin?
I must not be saved anymore because everytime I try to do something good it turns out so wrong. I tried to tell my friend about God and I really think she would have gotten saved if I hadn't messed up so bad. I mean, for goodness sake she asked me what all the sins are and I said they're obvious! How stupid can you get? And I my brother and his girlfriend were praying in the other room and I was letting my friend listen to a song with satanic subliminal messages on the computer (and I knew about the messages) and they could hear it from there! I feel like a tool of the devil, like everytime I talk, everytime I do anything Im somehow making someone sin. And I've never helped anybody, never properly witnessed. I never go through trials, never get horribly sick, never get persecauted. Ugghh, sorry for the rambling.
THE HOLY SPIRIT TALKS TO ALL PEOPLE, THIS IS YOUR CONSCIENCE.

EVERYONE HAS A CONSCIENCE. MANY HAVE SEARED THEIR CONSCIENCES.

SIN HAS SEVERE CONSEQUENCES. AND THERE ARE MANY SINS THAT LEAD TO DEATH AND ARE UNFORGIVABLE.

BUT JESUS WILL INTERCEDE ON OUR BEHALF, AND THE ONLY THING WE CAN DO IF WE SIN IS REPENT. THIS DOESN'T MEAN YOU'LL BE WASHED CLEAN, BECAUSE AS CHRISATIANS WE CAN'T RELAY THE FOUNDATION OF REPENTANCE. OTHERWISE WE WOULD BE CRUCIFYING CHRIST ALL OVER AGAIN.

BUT WHEN WE REPENT WE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR SIN AND WE GET BACK ON TRACK, LIVING A LIFE ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT. OUR SIN REACHES JUDGEMENT AHEAD OF US.

YOU WILL BE JUDGED ON JUDGEMENT DAY AND YOUR LIFE WILL BE REVEALED FOR WHAT IT WAS. IT WILL BE TESTED WITH FIRE.

DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED BUT BECOME ENLIGHTENED. READ THE WORD AND YOU WILL SEE THAT WHAT I'VE WRITTEN IS SCRIPTURAL.

IF YOU MOVE FORWARD FROM YOUR SIN YOU WILL BE DOING A WISE THING. GOD WILL BLESS YOU FOR IT AND YOU WILL STORE UP TREASURE FOR YOURSELF IN HEAVEN.

BUILD YOUR HOUSE OF GOLD FROM NOW ON SO THAT YOU WILL NOT SUFFER LOSS COME JUDGEMENT DAY.

I SUGGEST YOU READ PROVERBS TO GAIN WISDOM.

MAKE SURE YOU BACK IT UP WITH DAILY READING AND LOTS OF PRAYER, I PROMISE YOU HE WILL BE FAITHFUL TO LOVE YOU AND BLESS YOU.

LOVE YOUR BROTHER IN CHRIST

KEMMER

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
KEMMER said:
THE HOLY SPIRIT TALKS TO ALL PEOPLE, THIS IS YOUR CONSCIENCE.
The Holy Spirit is God.
Your conscience is part of your mind/soul.

KEMMER said:
EVERYONE HAS A CONSCIENCE. MANY HAVE SEARED THEIR CONSCIENCES.
Yes, those who have not yet come to Christ.

Jesus said of the Spirit:

When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me.
John 16:8,9
KEMMER said:
THERE ARE MANY SINS THAT LEAD TO DEATH AND ARE UNFORGIVABLE.
No there are not.
There is no unforgivable sin except refusing salvation, and that is unforgivable only until by God’s kindness we have been brought to repentance, (Rom. 2:4), and received salvation, and it is then impossible for us to ever again commit that sin.

KEMMER said:
JESUS WILL INTERCEDE ON OUR BEHALF, AND THE ONLY THING WE CAN DO IF WE SIN IS REPENT. THIS DOESN'T MEAN YOU'LL BE WASHED CLEAN, BECAUSE AS CHRISATIANS WE CAN'T RELAY THE FOUNDATION OF REPENTANCE. OTHERWISE WE WOULD BE CRUCIFYING CHRIST ALL OVER AGAIN.
A Christian has a clear conscience before God, but sadly many are taught by religion to feel false guilt.

There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom. 8:1,2

You repented, you came to trust in Christ, knowing you couldn’t deal with your own sin.
You were washed clean and you remain clean.
That cannot be undone.
If it could, we’d be dirty most of the time between our “confessions.”
As it is, we are clean and righteous in Christ.

Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.
Heb. 10: 22

Not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ— the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.
Phil.3:9

KEMMER said:
BUT WHEN WE REPENT WE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR SIN AND WE GET BACK ON TRACK, LIVING A LIFE ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT.
When we repent, we are released from the responsibility of our sin.
We hand over that responsibility to Jesus – what a relief!

Now we live according to the Spirit because we are alive in Christ, not due to our efforts.

To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.
Jude 1:24

KEMMER said:
OUR SIN REACHES JUDGEMENT AHEAD OF US.
Agreed! All dealt with at Calvary 2000 years ago.

KEMMER said:
YOU WILL BE JUDGED ON JUDGEMENT DAY AND YOUR LIFE WILL BE REVEALED FOR WHAT IT WAS. IT WILL BE TESTED WITH FIRE.
But you already said my sin reached judgement ahead of me!

On that day, unbelievers will be judged for sin, and children of God will be rewarded, not judged for sin.

KEMMER said:
I SUGGEST YOU READ PROVERBS TO GAIN WISDOM.
MAKE SURE YOU BACK IT UP WITH DAILY READING AND LOTS OF PRAYER, I PROMISE YOU HE WILL BE FAITHFUL TO LOVE YOU AND BLESS YOU.
(Try the book of Romans too. :) )

It’s good to do those things, and we suffer if we don’t, but they are not the reason He loves us.
Even if you never again opened your Bible or prayed, God would still love you. It’s not about what you do!

God is love, we are His children, He loves us.

God bless, love Sue

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Seonta! :wave:

You seem to have a lot of worry going on in your mind. Is there someone you could talk to a bit about this?
Your brother and/or his girlfriend?
They're Christians, they care about you, and I assume they're around your age, maybe a little older, so well equipped to understand you.

If you were able to get into some kind of youth fellowship it might improve your perspective - you might realise that you're not alone with these feelings of fear and inadequacy, and maybe the leaders would inspire you with hope.

Give it a try - even if you tell yourself you'll do a few weeks, you can leave if it really isn't for you.
Fourteen's a really tough age to get through isn't it? But you have Jesus.

I pray for you to experience God's love and be able to accept it, knowing His love is far beyond anything you could ask or imagine, and that you will be so filled with that knowledge that you won't listen when your feelings pull you all over the place.

God bless you, love Sue :hug:

Upvote 0

JamesBurrow

Jan 3, 2006
At the LORD's feet
✟148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
bakerdad32 said:
satan does not have more power then we do scipture saides greater is that is in us then he that is in the world meaning satan:cool:
Right, He that is in us is more powerful than he is, but alone we are powerless. If Satan wasn't more powerful than us, would so many people be dead in sin?

Sweeter06 said:
You said nothing is unforgivable...That's not true...The unpardinable sin...Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost is not forgivable.
Just wanted to point that out...Its in the Gospels,mmm, I believe in Mathew, about chapter 14-16, not sure which off the top of my head.
Something I dont understand about that, it says we are free to blaspheme Jesus and the Father, but not HS, but aren't those three the same God? If you blaspheme one, wouldn't you blaspheme all 3?

Anyway, back to the main issue:
Seonta, we all go through doubts, we all at times feel as if we have not been saved. I myself went through this. What you need to do is do something with God. Go on a youth retreat, lock yourself in solitude and study, just do something. For me, I went on YDW (Youth Discipleship Walk), a reatreat my church runs where we just get away from everything. No phones, no watches, nothing to remind you of the otside world (except electricity). We were in peace, in a setting that I truly believe God had intended us to live in. Social boundaries faded away and strong friendships were formed. I highly doubt a single teenager on the trip went away without salvation, and I left with the Holy Spirit. It was definately not what youd expect for a church trip. It wasn't the normal boring thing. We had 12 speakers come up to talk to us and most were teenagers. We had kids from all over the country come, and the experience was awesome. I suggest you look into something similar. Getting away from the norm in a place where you have time to both grow individually and form relationships with people you can talk to about what your going through really helps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
JamesBurrow said:
As far as I know, nothing is unforgivable, especially not that.

The unforgiveable sin is basicly to refuse to allow God to save you. He will not force you if you do not want to be saved. I do not believe God ever gives up on anyone. They give up on Him, they refuse to allow God to do the work in their life that He needs to do to transform them into a new creation in Christ.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Seonta said:
I think I need to get prayed for and be in the presence of the holy spirit. Its just so hard for me to do anything that involves other people (but I do go to church) because im so shy. I don't know. Do you think I should join some youth groups or something?

I believe in the two fold atonement. Jesus died not only to reconcile us with the father, but to reconcile us with one another. A lot of the gifts only work when two or more people are gathered in His name.

Deut. 32:30a
How could one chase a thousand,
And two put ten thousand to flight,

Two people working together and united together can accomplish a lot more than one person can alone.

Upvote 0

prophecystudent

Oct 10, 2005
✟1,313.00
Faith
Christian
Seonta, you have not committed the unpardonable sin. And yes, there is such a thing. It is to blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. I heard it described one way as, "attributing to the devil, the work of the Holy Spirit.".

In any case, the bible says that blasphemy against God, or against Jesus would be forgiven, but not against the Holy Spirit.

Being your age is tough in the world as it is today. Get into some study groups, youth groups with Christian bases, etc. You will be amazed at how much you will grow in your Christian walk.

Never worry about your salvation. You have been saved, by Christ. Period. Nor should you worry about being judged by Christ when you (like all believers) stand before Him. The bible talks about judging the believers (us), but what is commonly not understood is that the judging is not to determine if we are saved. It is, rather, to determine the extent of our reward based on how we worked to advance the kingdom of Christ. Did we spread the gospel? Did we work with the poor? Such things are judged by Christ, not for our salvation, but as I said before, to determine our reward.

As others have said, if you had committed the unpardonable sin, you would not be worried about it. You didn't so stop worrying about it.

Get with a good church and youth group that will help build your knowledge, and thus strength, in the Lord. I would also suggest you try to focus your music to Christian based stuff.

Fred

Upvote 0

angelnikki

Apr 9, 2006
Sydney Australia
✟15,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
You have not committed an unforgivable sin. Just the fact that you are feeling guilt is a sign of remorse and what comes with remorse is forgiveness! God made you a promise and he wont break it! All you can do is try and turn away from sinful nature and make an effort to not repeat your sins. Live a repented life and there is no reason why you wont see heaven. You only need to be saved ONCE! and you will stay saved as long as you keep renewing your heavenly passport by repenting everyday and just TRYING to live a christ like life. Stay strong in your faith and believe in the promise. Only Jesus can save you and he will if that is what your heart wants. God Bless you and guess what - He knew what you were going to do or say before you even did it and he forgave you before you even asked because your heart asked first.!:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FLA2760

Apr 15, 2006
Spring Hill, Fl
✟15,325.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi
New to the forum. Your post really touched my heart. I had these same concerns when I accepted the Lord.
First let me start by saying it is God who calls you by His Spirit into the fold. You recieve the Holy Spirit at the moment you believe. God seals you in the Spirit and marks you as His own. See John 5:24, Jesus said; "I Tell You the TRUTH Whoever Hears My Word And Believes In Him Who sent Me HAS ETERNAL LIFE and WILL NOT BE CONDEMNED; He Has CROSSED OVER FROM DEATH TO LIFE". Greater Is He Who IS IN YOU Than He who Is In The World. Remember that when Jesus cried out from the Cross "IT IS FINIHED" and died, the scripture says that the vail of the Temple was torn from top to bottom; showing that God Himself was making a WAY into His Presence Through Jesus PRECIOUS BLOOD SHED ON THE CROSS for all who TRUST HIM. Remember Christ said I am THE WAY, The TRUTH, And The LIFE.The significance of this is that Jesus died at the time of the evening sacrifice and the vail was separating the the Most Holy Place where the PRESENCE dwelt from sinful humanity. Once a Year on The day of ATONEMENT the High Priest would enter behind the vail offering the BLOOD of the Passover Lamb for his and the people's sins. This had to be done each year because "the blood of bulls and goats can never take away sin" Remember John The Baptist's Utterence in the Spirit when he saw Jesus; Behold THE LAMB OF GOD WHO TAKES AWAY The SIn Of The World. We read in John 3:16 "For God So Loved The World That He Gave His Only Begotten Son That Whosoever BELIEVES In Him SHOULD NOT PERISH But Have Everlasting life". To believe means to trust in and RELY on Jesus. He promised never to leave or FORSAKE you. As far as Evangelism it is the Spirit who woos the lost through the agency of the preaching of God's word. Those God calls WILL BE SAVED. Remember after Jesus rose from the dead and was on the beach when the apostles were fishing all night unsuccessfully. Jesus appeared on the beach but they did not recognize Him. JESUS told them to cast the net on the other side of the boat and when they did they were rewarded with a catch so great that the net almost broke. The point is we can do nothing apart from Christ leading us.All Evangelism is God initiated and if you fill yourself with the Word of God you will be a well equipped worker that God will use at the RIGHT time. I have found that asking God in prayer to put those who HE has wooed in your path so you can share the Message of Christ has been effective for me. God loves you and you are special to Him. Please remember it is not about feeling saved but about what GOD SAYS about salvation that matters. "For it is By GRACE YOU ARE SAVED through FAITH; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the GIFT of God: not of works less any man should boast" EPH 2 :8 ,9
Grace is God's UNMERITED FAVOR toward us! Praise God!
As far as the Unpardonable Sin Jesus said "ALL Sins and blasphemes will be forgiven the sons of men; except blaspheming the Holy Spirit. I want you to remember when Jesus said this it was in a unique time in His ministry. The Scribes and Pharisees saw with their own eyes the lame walk, the blind given sight, demons cast out and the raising of the dead and they STILL said He cast out demons by the Prince of demons. They were in effect calling Jesus a Sorcerer in league with satan. It was after they said this that Jesus spoke of the unpardonable sin. You have not done this so relax and read your Bible for "Faith Comes By Hearing; and Hearing By THE WORD OF GOD. Remember we as believers have a wonderful promise in 1st John 1;9 "If WE confess our sins HE IS FAITHFUL AND JUST TO FORGIVE US OUR SINS AND TO CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. This is a BELIEVERS Promise and addresses our daily Christian walk in this sinful world.
At the moment you were saved you were saved from the PENALTY of sin (HELL). As we walk with the Lord we WILL fall short and sin but sin no longer has POWER over us in that His Blood continually cleanses us from all unrighteouness, 1 John 1,9. We will all one day be saved from the very PRESENCE of sin when we go home to be with the Lord or at the RAPTURE. Let us know how you are coming along. Godspeed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.