South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible does know that we are known by their fruits, or at least false prophets will be according to Matthew 7. How will I know if that is, or was, going on my family? How about myself; would Ephesians 6 answer that question? I am concerned that I have no business witnessing to members of my family tree. My mother I am concerned is ill, but I am not sure if she is saved. My brother has a temper and curses. My SIL I guess believes in God but I guess she is weary of those in the church. I also have family members who engage in false religion, are I guess don't believe in God, or are prejudiced. I am a shy person,but I have no clue how to witness for fear of not having them listen to me. Should I be a witness or should I just learn the Bible for myself and just pray about it? I need your advice. Where in the Bible can I get the answer about witnessing and testing oneself, at least on my end?

whereloveandmercymeet

There but for the grace of God...
Nov 12, 2018
Dorset
✟125,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’d say both. Learn the bible for yourself, pray for them, pray for God’s help in witnessing, and witness. But remember, there are many ways to witness, you don’t have to just stand up and recite scripture, showing Gods love to others through your actions, for example.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am concerned that I have no business witnessing to members of my family
If you don't who will?

How do you? First by example of the way you live and talk. Practically ensure that you attend church regularly and that you invite other family members also to attend.
Learn how to talk about Christianity. Those who say 'only believe' or 'just have faith' are not talking sense or biblically as we are told to always have a reason for our faith/belief.
If people will not attend church ask why and what is the reason for your not attending/believing?
Be sure you can answer this question your self.

For those who attend church with you. Ask over Sunday diner what they thought of the sermon?
If there is something you don't understan or agree with ask about that.
Again the questions 'Why do you believe that?' and 'What reason/evidence do you have for that belief?'
are useful in finding out what and why people believe and giving the opertunity to explain the gospel.

Remember your job is to witness, to tell and to defend the gospel. You don't save people by your reasoning or eloquence, it is God who saves, you just expose people to the reasonableness of Christianity.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’d say both. Learn the bible for yourself, pray for them, pray for God’s help in witnessing, and witness. But remember, there are many ways to witness, you don’t have to just stand up and recite scripture, showing Gods love to others through your actions, for example.

I agree with this. Be open about your faith and live as a Christian, hoping to lead by example, while staying in prayer for your loved ones. If they ask questions, be willing to provide answers and discussion. Otherwise there is not much more you could do that is effective, especially if they are not willing to discuss it.

Upvote 0