USA
✟301,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well then.. What is the chemical equation in wood burning?

Wood is a complex, composite material of cellulose, lignin, and other chemical substances. There isn't a simple chemical equation for burning wood.

• Agree
Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,067,094.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Wood is a complex, composite material of cellulose, lignin, and other chemical substances. There isn't a simple chemical equation for burning wood.
Ahh.... Correct! Thus the title of this thread.... I could do very little with mass. Even the creation of the tree would be too complex for me.... I would need to bring seeds! Hopefully I would have my thinking cap on and bring almonds! But.... I would need the right environment for it to grow! As reality is terribly complex I find God saying....

Who hath directed the Spirit of the Lord, or being his counsellor hath taught him? - Isaiah 40:13

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟327,089.00
Faith
Atheist
And thus the title of the thread… I could do very little with mass. I am currently enjoying the light and energy produced in my wood stove CH4+4O2→CO2+H2O (E in warmth, c2 in light). I owe it to the planets plants (including the trees) for stripping the C from CO2 so I can survive this planet. Hopefully the survivability here will last into my old age!
Talking about survivability: Wood burners triple harmful indoor air pollution, study finds | Air pollution | The Guardian

This was after wood burners were found to be a major cause of particulate pollution in neighbourhoods where they are used ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Informative
Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,067,094.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Thanking God also the E/c2 has came together to form things like wheat, figs, oil, iron, and brass!

7 For the Lord thy God bringeth thee into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills;
8 A land of wheat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates; a land of oil olive, and honey;
9 A land wherein thou shalt eat bread without scarceness, thou shalt not lack any thing in it; a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills thou mayest dig brass.
10 When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the Lord thy God for the good land which he hath given thee. - Deuteronomy 8

I would not have a clue how to bring together E/c2 to create such things!

Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Thanking God also the E/c2 has came together to form things like wheat, figs, oil, iron, and brass!

7 For the Lord thy God bringeth thee into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills;
8 A land of wheat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates; a land of oil olive, and honey;
9 A land wherein thou shalt eat bread without scarceness, thou shalt not lack any thing in it; a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills thou mayest dig brass.
10 When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the Lord thy God for the good land which he hath given thee. - Deuteronomy 8

I would not have a clue how to bring together E/c2 to create such things!
Wherefore do'est thou commeth upon the notion that brass mayest be duggeth from hills?
Verily I telleth thee, that brass is an alloy of copper and zinc, and occureth not in nature

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,369.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Wherefore do'est thou commeth upon the notion that brass mayest be duggeth from hills?
Verily I telleth thee, that brass is an alloy of copper and zinc, and occureth not in nature
In fairness, archaeologists often dig up brass in the hills (and valleys).:)

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,067,094.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Another neat form of E/c2 is in the form of our sun…

Nuclear fusion, the source of all the energy so generously radiated by the Sun, does two things: it converts hydrogen into helium (or rather, makes helium nuclei from protons) and it converts mass to energy.

The mass-to-energy conversion is described by Einstein's famous equation: E = mc2, or, in words, energy equals mass times the square of the velocity of light. Because the velocity of light is a very large number, this equation says that lots of energy can be gained from using up a modest amount of mass.

The energy created by the fusion processes within the core of the Sun (or any other star) exerts an outward pressure. Unless contained, such pressure would produce an explosion (as happens in the hydrogen bomb, on a much smaller scale). The inward pressure that keeps a star from exploding is the gravitational attraction of the gas mantle surrounding the core (which is most of the volume of the Sun, and is very hot but does not burn itself). - http://earthguide.ucsd.edu/virtualmuseum/ita/07_2.shtml

Nuclear fusion produces much more power than fission. China has a fusion reactor that is supposed to come online in 2025 that boasts of producing many times the heat of the sun - China's $1 trillion 'artificial sun' fusion reactor just got five times hotter than the sun

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟241,369.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Another neat form of E/c2 is in the form of our sun…

Nuclear fusion, the source of all the energy so generously radiated by the Sun, does two things: it converts hydrogen into helium (or rather, makes helium nuclei from protons) and it converts mass to energy.

The mass-to-energy conversion is described by Einstein's famous equation: E = mc2, or, in words, energy equals mass times the square of the velocity of light. Because the velocity of light is a very large number, this equation says that lots of energy can be gained from using up a modest amount of mass.

The energy created by the fusion processes within the core of the Sun (or any other star) exerts an outward pressure. Unless contained, such pressure would produce an explosion (as happens in the hydrogen bomb, on a much smaller scale). The inward pressure that keeps a star from exploding is the gravitational attraction of the gas mantle surrounding the core (which is most of the volume of the Sun, and is very hot but does not burn itself). - http://earthguide.ucsd.edu/virtualmuseum/ita/07_2.shtml

Nuclear fusion produces much more power than fission. China has a fusion reactor that is supposed to come online in 2025 that boasts of producing many times the heat of the sun - China's $1 trillion 'artificial sun' fusion reactor just got five times hotter than the sun
Your e/mc2 obsession detracts from the points of interest in your posts and leads this reader, and probably many others, to dismiss those other points. I do wish you would tone it down.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,067,094.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Your e/mc2 obsession detracts from the points of interest in your posts and leads this reader, and probably many others, to dismiss those other points. I do wish you would tone it down.
I could get more in depth… Solar neutrinos are produced in the core of the Sun through various nuclear fusion reactions, each of which occurs at a particular rate and leads to its own spectrum of neutrino energies. Details of the more prominent of these reactions are described below.

Solar neutrinos (proton–proton chain) in the standard solar model. The main contribution comes from the proton–proton chain. The reaction is: two protons —->deuteron + positron + electron neutrino. Of all Solar neutrinos, approximately 91% are produced from this reaction.[12] As shown in the figure titled "Solar neutrinos (proton–proton chain) in the standard solar model", the deuteron will fuse with another proton to create a 3He nucleus and a gamma ray.

This alternative boron-yielding reaction produces about 0.02% of the solar neutrinos; although so few that they would conventionally be neglected, these rare solar neutrinos stand out because of their higher average energies. The asterisk (*) on the beryllium-8 nucleus indicates that it is in an excited, unstable state. The excited beryllium-8 nucleus then splits into two helium-4 nuclei… - Solar neutrino - Wikipedia (More here-CF did not like the Wiki images)

But… M=E/c2 is so much easier!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟241,369.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
But… M=E/c2 is so much easier!
Easier for you, not for your readers. Not when you extend it beyond its domain, misinterpret it and misapply it. But it is your choice. I simply point out what appears to me to be a mistaken approach on your part.
I shall do my best to remember I have expressed my opinion and not mention it again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums