Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,438.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If I were given a way to survive the environment on Mars I could do very little with the iron-based compositions save make sandcastles. My options are two....

1. Chemically - Find a way to chemically react with the environment to produce elements.
2. Nuclear Reactions - Turn the mass to plasma and reform it into another form of mass...

And how would I do that nuclearly? Well, if E = MC2 I can divide and conclude that mass can turn into plasma and plasma back into mass...

M <--- E / C2 = Fusion (energy to mass)

Energy and light are released as the matter is bonded and produces the most intense energy as seen in the Hydrogen Bomb. As of yet we have not figured out how to make fusion useful for the generation of our energy needs.

M ---> E / C2 = Fission (mass to energy)

Energy and light are released as the matter is split. The released energy is not as great as the fusion process. I believe all mass was once a great piece of matter floating in space until God spoke these words… Let there be light! At that point the mass turned to energy and light, expanding out from a point of origin and then re-freezing into what elements the Father willed it. Are we experiments from the eternal mind? If so, we will return to him to give an account on how we lived our life here on earth.

M + M ---> E / C2 = Reaction producing energy and light

Energy and light are released as matter reacts one with another. Fossil fuels reacting with oxygen can produce a great deal of energy. But not nearly as great as the fission process. By products to this reaction include CO2 gas, which is harmful to the environment. The Martian atmosphere is 95% CO2 carbon dioxide. But if we can’t figure out to easily strip the C from CO2 on earth how could I do it on Mars? But… Our plant life does this quite easily in a process called photosynthesis. If we had the temperature to do so we would have to deveiop plant life first to strip the C from the CO2.

I also believe that there is a spiritual that is produced with energy and light…

Spiritual Mass = Spiritual Warmth / Spiritual Light (faith, hope, charity, joy, warmth, goodness, etc)

I am amazed how the light and energy came together here on planet earth to form mass, intelligence, and spirituality. And as a human being having 60,000 miles of blood vessels turning O2 back into CO2 and releasing energy in the process to sense, see, hear, in constructive employment, etc. I can’t believe that all of this happened without an intelligent designer behind it. I could do very little with such mass on another planet save make sandcastles.

"I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details." -Albert Einstein

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I were given a way to survive the environment on Mars I could do very little with the iron-based compositions save make sandcastles. My options are two....

1. Chemically - Find a way to chemically react with the environment to produce elements.
2. Nuclear Reactions - Turn the mass to plasma and reform it into another form of mass...

And how would I do that nuclearly? Well, if E = MC2 I can divide and conclude that mass can turn into plasma and plasma back into mass...

Energy and light are released as the matter is bonded and produces the most intense energy as seen in the Hydrogen Bomb. As of yet we have not figured out how to make fusion useful for the generation of our energy needs.

Energy and light are released as the matter is split. The released energy is not as great as the fusion process. I believe all mass was once a great piece of matter floating in space until God spoke these words… Let there be light! At that point the mass turned to energy and light, expanding out from a point of origin and then re-freezing into what elements the Father willed it. Are we experiments from the eternal mind? If so, we will return to him to give an account on how we lived our life here on earth.

Energy and light are released as matter reacts one with another. Fossil fuels reacting with oxygen can produce a great deal of energy. But not nearly as great as the fission process. By products to this reaction include CO2 gas, which is harmful to the environment. The Martian atmosphere is 95% CO2 carbon dioxide. But if we can’t figure out to easily strip the C from CO2 on earth how could I do it on Mars? But… Our plant life does this quite easily in a process called photosynthesis. If we had the temperature to do so we would have to deveiop plant life first to strip the C from the CO2.

I also believe that there is a spiritual that is produced with energy and light…

Spiritual Mass = Spiritual Warmth / Spiritual Light (faith, hope, charity, joy, warmth, goodness, etc)

I am amazed how the light and energy came together here on planet earth to form mass, intelligence, and spirituality. And as a human being having 60,000 miles of blood vessels turning O2 back into CO2 and releasing energy in the process to sense, see, hear, in constructive employment, etc. I can’t believe that all of this happened without an intelligent designer behind it. I could do very little with such mass on another planet save make sandcastles.

"I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details." -Albert Einstein

I've always maintained that it would be easier to clean up our planet than to bother living anywhere else that has no water or oxygen.

Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟294,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Materials for survival on Mars will be generated by chemical processing.

Elements are not created by chemical reactions, only sorted and purified.

Plasma is an ionized gas. It is not a form of energy nor does it require a nuclear reaction to create.

Fusion is not "energy to mass". Fusion reactions for energy generation *release* energy. (As do the ones the power stars.)

For example, one common reaction, simple reaction considered for energy generation is D-D fusion where two deuterons (nuclei of "heavy hydrogen". Deuterons have a mass of 2.014101777 amu.

D + D -> He-4

IN: 2 * 2.014101777 amu = 4.028203554 amu
OUT: 4.002603254 amu (mass of He-4)
Difference: 0.0256003 amu released as energy (or in the units I prefer 23.846 MeV)

Energy and light are released as the matter is split. The released energy is not as great as the fusion process.

The fission of one U-235 nucleus releases about 200 MeV of energy. This is larger than the energy to form one helium nucleus. Though fusion of 1 gram of deuterium will release about 5 times the energy as the fission of 1 gram of U-235.

I believe all mass was once a great piece of matter floating in space until God spoke these words… Let there be light! At that point the mass turned to energy and light, expanding out from a point of origin and then re-freezing into what elements the Father willed it. Are we experiments from the eternal mind? If so, we will return to him to give an account on how we lived our life here on earth.

That's not how matter works. You've completely missed conservation of baryon number. The matter would just fragment into other matter (even in a nuclear reaction). The number of baryons (neutrons + protons) doesn't change.

This is chemistry, which is how *any* new material will be made on Mars. Nuclear reactors would only be used for energy.

This isn't a thing.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,438.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
This isn't a thing.
If virtue is not knowledge can it be taught? If virtue is not mass (or isn't a thing as you call it) can it be bought?

Plato's Meno is a dialogue in which Socrates and Meno discuss human virtue: whether or not it can be taught, whether it is shared by all human beings, and whether it is one quality or many.

After discussion with Anytus, Socrates and Meno return to the subject of whether Virtue can be taught. "To sum up our enquiry," Socrates concludes, "the result seems to be that virtue is neither natural nor acquired, but an instinct given by God to the virtuous."

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟917,556.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I've always maintained that it would be easier to clean up our planet than to bother living anywhere else that has no water or oxygen.
Always... but doing both would be amazing and wonderful.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟147,414.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Certainly easier than the utterly impossible

• Winner
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟294,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If virtue is not knowledge can it be taught? If virtue is not mass (or isn't a thing as you call it) can it be bought?

Plato's Meno is a dialogue in which Socrates and Meno discuss human virtue: whether or not it can be taught, whether it is shared by all human beings, and whether it is one quality or many.

After discussion with Anytus, Socrates and Meno return to the subject of whether Virtue can be taught. "To sum up our enquiry," Socrates concludes, "the result seems to be that virtue is neither natural nor acquired, but an instinct given by God to the virtuous."

You're reading *WAY* too much into Einstein's mass-energy equivalence formula.

Abstract ideas don't have mass or energy.

Energy isn't some sort of generic "way point" between different kinds of mass.

There are also other conservation laws that hold.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist

There's been a lot of philosophical, psychological, and sociological thinking about virtue (and instinct) since Socrates; i.e. his was not the last word - by a long way.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,438.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
You're reading *WAY* too much into Einstein's mass-energy equivalence formula.

Abstract ideas don't have mass or energy.

Energy isn't some sort of generic "way point" between different kinds of mass.

There are also other conservation laws that hold.
I believe the mass of the universe will return to E/c2 and it will return to mass (E/c2 ---> m) into something new...

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟294,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I believe the mass of the universe will return to E/c2 and it will return to mass (E/c2 ---> m) into something new...

This literally has no physical meaning.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

"Peter" clearly didn't know anything about nuclear physics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,438.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
What if c=1?
There would have been no need, then, to repeat the same statement he made in verse 10 again in verse 12....

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? - 2 Peter 3:12

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,438.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
What if c=1?
If we were calculating c to cubed instead of squared we may have ended blowing up the whole solar system... Thankfully Einstein had his wife around to set matters strait...
far-side_gary-larson_18-may-2020.jpg

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟294,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If we were calculating c to cubed instead of squared we may have ended blowing up the whole solar system... Thankfully Einstein had his wife around to set matters strait...

This is just further evidence you are not informed.

Setting a constant like c to 1 is a choice of units. It doesn't change the equivalent amount of energy to any bit of mass. (Extra powers of c are non-physical.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,438.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
This is just further evidence you are not informed.

Setting a constant like c to 1 is a choice of units. It doesn't change the equivalent amount of energy to any bit of mass. (Extra powers of c are non-physical.)
A little attempt at humor there. With c2 in the denominator scientist could calculate how much mass was needed and the size of the explosion.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟294,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
A little attempt at humor there. With c2 in the denominator scientist could calculate how much mass was needed and the size of the explosion.

The "Far Side" kind of gave that away, but given your odd misuse of the mass-energy equivalence formula, I just wanted you to understand about the units.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,438.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The "Far Side" kind of gave that away, but given your odd misuse of the mass-energy equivalence formula, I just wanted you to understand about the units.
And thus the title of the thread… I could do very little with mass. I am currently enjoying the light and energy produced in my wood stove CH4+4O2→CO2+H2O (E in warmth, c2 in light). I owe it to the planets plants (including the trees) for stripping the C from CO2 so I can survive this planet. Hopefully the survivability here will last into my old age!

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟294,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And thus the title of the thread… I could do very little with mass. I am currently enjoying the light and energy produced in my wood stove CH4+4O2→CO2+H2O

That reaction is for burning natural gas, not wood. It would be correct if you have a fake (gas) fireplace hooked up to the natural gas lines. (Propane has a different formula with more carbons.)

(E in warmth, c2 in light).

As before, these aren't even close to the right sorts of formulae for this problem.

I owe it to the planets plants (including the trees) for stripping the C from CO2 so I can survive this planet. Hopefully the survivability here will last into my old age!

As do we all!

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,438.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
That reaction is for burning natural gas, not wood. It would be correct if you have a fake (gas) fireplace hooked up to the natural gas lines. (Propane has a different formula with more carbons.)

As before, these aren't even close to the right sorts of formulae for this problem.

As do we all!
Well then.. What is the chemical equation in wood burning?

Upvote 0