ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not because of my father. I have experiences and I although I wanna trust him, I cant.
Yeah, I went through a time where I felt I could not trust God, but you know what I did? I prayed and asked God to show me why I was feeling this way and how I could become stronger.

Can't you do that? Since you want to trust Him, there is love there and you know you are hurting a lot, so isn't this the wrong time not to turn to Him?

Upvote 0

tomatocarrot

Nov 23, 2015
✟15,156.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I went through a time where I felt I could not trust God, but you know what I did? I prayed and asked God to show me why I was feeling this way and how I could become stronger.

Can't you do that? Since you want to trust Him, there is love there and you know you are hurting a lot, so isn't this the wrong time not to turn to Him?
I did that already. I am tired of seeking. Can't he find me?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I did that already. I am tired of seeking. Can't he find me?
What makes you think that He is not with you right now?

Have you 'given' this problem to Him? He tells us that His yoke is light and He will carry our burdens for us. That is what you do is have faith that things will get better. Pray and be grateful for what you do have. We will always have problems, but faith is a way of life, it is not built upon our circumstance in a moment or over a period of time.

Upvote 0

tomatocarrot

Nov 23, 2015
✟15,156.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
What makes you think that He is not with you right now?

Have you 'given' this problem to Him? He tells us that His yoke is light and He will carry our burdens for us. That is what you do is have faith that things will get better. Pray and be grateful for what you do have. We will always have problems, but faith is a way of life, it is not built upon our circumstance in a moment or over a period of time.
I did. I told u i did. I guess there are things that make me stop

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Before, I was trying to fix my faith and I almost there. I almost believe in christianity. But then, this father's problem appeared. It feels like even god does not want me back.

I cannot go back. Not after what happened. I cannot see His love. I cannot feel god anymore

Not because of my father. I have experiences and I although I wanna trust him, I cant.

TC, as @ToBeLoved has said, God always desires reconciliation. That's why Jesus came and gave Himself at such a price. Were your other experiences also related to someone letting you down? If so, I would interpret these things differently than you see them. I would say the lesson hidden in these painful experiences is that the only one who will not let you down is God. Man eventually will fail you, no matter who it is, if you are looking to him rather than God for your ultimate strength. But God never fails.

I walked away from God because of a massive church failure when I was young in the Lord. Half the church eventually left. I entered a dark time that lasted quite a while, but to my great surprise I eventually found that God stuck with me the whole time. When I finally saw that, I was broken by a faithful and wise love I had no idea existed. There are no defenses against such a love. And that's the love God has for you.

Look for the lessons in the pain you're going through. God can work ALL things for good. He is faithful and will be there for you when you decide to turn back to Him.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
inappropriate contentography has become too readily available in this day and time. My response was to come up with a web site @ https://www.youtube.com/user/rockytopva and upload things wholesome and clean.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
My grandfather was regarded as one of the most Godly men in our community. What nobody knows is that after he and granny got married he tried going on the mountain and getting drunk with his buddies. I do not know what was said, all I know is that by the time granny got through with him that he never tried that the second time. I have overheard granny tell my sisters that you have got to make them walk the straight and the narrow. In the story below some lady married a drunk who beat up on her. After trying Smith Wigglesworth's remedy she put an immediate stop to both his drinking and his physical violence.

Upvote 0

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
TC, you have broken relationships and they are tearing you apart. God can restore all your relationships but it all begins with you, are you willing to pay any price?

Love is a powerful tool and 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 shows us the nature of love.

You are in a state of remorse just now and must move to the place of repentance. Your relationship with God must be restored because there is a sense in which you are blaming God for your dad's sin.

Take a look at Jesus as he approaches the cross, all your accusations will not get a response from him. You are as those who beat him in the judgment houses. Its like you're slapping him in the face.

"Its all your fault." [slap!] "Why did you let him?" [slap!] "You should have stopped him." [slap!] And so the blame game continues. You can go on slapping Jesus until he dies - until God is dead to you. He won't stop you or retaliate because "like a lamb he is led to the slaughter." Jesus will die for you.

Or you can get to the other side of the cross and hear Jesus asking TC, do you love me more than all of these?

Love is a hard road because love learns to suck it up and suffer many injustices. Do you love, TC?

I know that God loves you and love is all he has for you. I hope you are willing to forgive [no matter how hard] and to be forgiven. If you sincerely apologize to God and ask for his help I know he will give it.

Love your dad through this barrier, TC, just love him with no expectations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Steven Wood

Not my will but Thy will be done
Jul 17, 2015
Arkansas, United States
✟18,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am an agnostic for a year now. I used to be a christian and my family is a very religious kind of parents. My dad is a leader in our church, and my mom is one of the speaker in my church (not a preacher). They have been teaching me about Jesus for my whole life and I believed in Him until some kind of accidents in my life. My mom and dad are still a christian though.
I am an 18 years old girl. One day, I caught my dad watching inappropriate content on his cellphone. I was in shock. He always asks me to pray together early in the morning and tells me about Jesus all the time and how great is his God. He is a leader in our church and who knows that he was such a bastard.
I was crying and told my dad not to tell my mom. I wont tell her either because she is a super sensitive person. I live separated from my parents because I am going to a university, but now I dont want to meet them, because I dont know how to face them or talk to my parents anymore. Please help me.
That is a really tough one, I'm sorry for you and what you're going through. Not only is it tough to have your faith shaken like that it's really tough to have you faith in your dad shaken. I can tell you I know what you're going through. There was a man that was like a father to me and when I say this my father died when I was 15 and I met him when I was 18. He was a leader in my church and he brought me into church and guided me, before that I was completely against church. I found out later that he was inappropriate to a much worse degree than just watching something on his phone and it shook me to my core. What I can tell you is this dear child, first of all even though it's really hard right now the best thing you can do is try to forgive you father because even though what he did was wrong it is between him and your mother and it will come out if it hasn't already. Second you need to talk with him about it and tell him how you feel and what it has done to you spiritually, he not only is you father and it is his job to make sure you're ok and this has hurt you but he is and has been your spiritual leader and since you are now labelling yourself agnostic this has made you question everything so not only is your soul at risk but his as well for he has sinned and also caused you to. Thirdly remember my friend he is just a man and even though this is really hard to hear because he has done your mother very wrong all men sin and do wrong, the are tempted and fail. Only one man was ever perfect because he was God and even he said the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak so all people have to be cut some slack, every person in every church has done something wrong many times in their lives. It may not have been the same thing at all but it may help you to think that even you mom has done something (maybe it might help you to think that she spits in your dads coffee lol). I really hope something in hear helps you, again we all fall down many times, Jesus forgives and picks us back up, it all depends on if we keep doing it and hopefully your dad doesn't. Please consider starting to believe again God is still the same and has not failed you even though man always will. I really hope you can patch things up with your dad. God bless you Dear friend I'll keep you in my prayers. Good luck in School.

Upvote 0