I can't sleep

Audiomatic

Apr 12, 2009
✟15,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are two things that worked for me. I never set an alarm clock to wake me up. That way my going to sleep isn't a race against the clock. Also, I turn my alarm clock-radio to FM and put it where there are no stations (faux white noise generator) and turn it up just enough to scramble my thoughts. No thoughts=sleep. It quickly got to the point where I would turn on the white noise and I would be out like a light; rather than scrambling my thoughts it's more like a trigger. I hope it works for you!

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Try exercising as much as you're able, at least 2 hours before bedtime (exercising immediately before trying to sleep is useless; it'll keep you awake). Avoid caffeine, spicy food, grease, and sugar for several hours before bed. Drink warm milk if you can just before bed. Avoid loud, exciting, stimulation (TV, music, movies, video games) for a few hours before bed. We don't prepare ourselves for sleeping anymore, with our hectic, loud, stimulus-filled lifestyles.

I say avoid drugs and alcohol if you can; you don't want to become dependent on anything to help you sleep. That being said, most people find that a good dose of Benadryl makes them pleasantly drowsy, without the possible side effects of "sleep aids". I have allergies, so if I take it, not only do I sleep like a log, I wake up with clear sinuses :D

Good luck! AND it always helps to pray about it and tell God what you need.

Upvote 0