Feb 24, 2003
Queensland, Australia
Visit site
✟169.00
Faith
Christian
hey all

i dont even know if this is the right forum, but i figured i needed a friend

basically in the last week my life has gone from quite okay, to messed up hardcore.

1) my girlfriend who im so attached to has had her university schedule increased massivly, so i can barely see her due to her work load...that on its own has messed me up, we love each other dearly

2) i had saved up to pay my parents (i live out of home) for the car that i took off them, however latley things have gone wrong with it and my savings went into fixing it - mums demanding the money, but its not there. my parents are christians (dads a minister), but they're stern with money, and im too ashamed to tell them about my problems

3) i got a call this morning from a law firm, apparently i owe some money to someone? i have no idea what it is about, ive never owed money to anyone but my parents - they said they want to take me to court and that i could go to jail....

Im so scared, im 20, i work at a video game distributor..but the money is below the normal rate. i just cant seem to get ahead at all, i know its all in Gods plan, but what im asking is, does he sometimes plan for me to end my own life? I cant get ahead, nothing works.

I try different saving plans etc, theres just no money. I had been praying for ages that I could get engaged to my lady end of this year, and we could get married next year. Weve talked about it so much. I've prayed and prayed...but aweful things keep cropping up.

I know he tests us, i wont stop trusting him, but i dont get it. im at the bottom, and i dont think i have the strength to climb back up. im going through my appartment today to sell everything i can, ill just leave the bed and some plates etc.

if you read this, thanks, and pray for me. if no one reads it, well, i guess it doesnt change anything, and i have at least typed things down on paper - maybe if i make it through ill post to keep people up to date. cant really think at the moment, it hurts.

cheers,

nick

Cecilia

Catholic Teen
Apr 1, 2003
Pennsylvania
✟15,752.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh Nick *hug* You will make it through. Keep up a positive outlook and I will be praying for you and I will post a thread on the Prayer Request forum for you. Look, if you need anyone to talk to or to just listen, I am here for you. Email me, im me, pm me, whatever, just know that you have a friend and that's me. I love you very dearly as a brother in Christ. I know how rough things can be. Don't lose hope. My prayers will focus on you tonight.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
nikloas said:
my parents are christians (dads a minister), but they're stern with money, and im too ashamed to tell them about my problems

You should be able to talk things over with your parents. They should be there for you to at least advise you. Of course some people do not have parents and then God is their Father and they can go to Him.

What would help is to get under the shelter of His wings and protection, so that you can know that He is going to work everything out for the best. We do not live by our feeling, we live by faith. We know that God loves us and is going to take care of us. So that we are either going to live life in victory as a overcomer. The Bible says seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all things shall be added onto you. I have lived this way for a long time now. So I know that God abundantly provides for us above and beyond all we would ask or think.

Genesis 4:7
If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it."

It sounds like you pretty much have the same test that Cain had. It is to bad that he failed God. But you can learn from his error. Esp. now that we live in the age of grace and God does so much to help us. He really does love us and care about us, He really does want the very best for us. We do have tests to build up our faith and to learn that we can trust God. But everything He does in our life is to encourage us. He does not ever tear us down or belittle us.

So if your discouraged, you either did it to yourself, or the enemy is attacking you. Because with God everything He does is to encourage, edify and to strengthen us. So that we can be strong in the power of His might. He provides us with more than we need.

As we grow and mature in the Lord, we come to realize He has never let me down or failed me in the past. He is not going to fail me today, and He will never fail me in the future. So we know that in Him we are safe and secure and have nothing to worry about or be afraid of.

Upvote 0

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I couldn't say for sure, but many times bill collectors will say things like take you to court in order to get you to pay. Don't give money to them until you know for sure what it is for, then send them what you can when you can. Believe me, I have had my share of discussions with bill collectors. The first time one pulled that "have your lawyer call us" bit I cried for 24 straight hours. Then I called them back and found out they were threatening me for a payment of 35 dollars!

Talk to your parents. Let them advise you. You are 20 and this is the time of life to figure stuff out.

As for your lady, love her and plan a future. If it is right, it will stay good until you are more financially secure. And thank God loves doesn't cost any money!!!

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey there Nick buddy!

here's a couple Scripture verses for you :D Be blessed!

Rom*8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Job 1:21 He said,
"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
And naked I shall return there.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away.
Blessed be the name of the LORD."

Prov*3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
Prov*3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

John*16:33 "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

Ps*27:14 Wait for the LORD;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the LORD.

Ps*31:24 Be strong and let your heart take courage,
All you who hope in the LORD.

Is*35:4 Say to those with anxious heart,
"Take courage, fear not.
Behold, your God will come with vengeance;
The recompense of God will come,
But He will save you."

Upvote 0

kingzjewel

coheir to the kingdom ... purchased by God
Jun 25, 2003
south jersey
✟15,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
maybe its not that your prayer isnt answered, its just that God is saying WAIT. you are struggling through this financial mess now so you will know how strong you can be and to learn that leaning on Him will solve all your problems and provide all you need. Ps 23 THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD, I SHALL NOT WANT... you know the rest. your experiences now are refining you for the times ahead. think how mature in God you will be when the time is right for you to get married. think how well you will be able to deal with financial probs in your marriage.

Upvote 0

NEHEMY

FIGHTER IN THE MAKING
Jul 19, 2003
Visit site
✟157.00
Faith
Christian
"i know its all in Gods plan, but what im asking is, does he sometimes plan for me to end my own life? I cant get ahead, nothing works. "

I do not believe for one second that God's plan is for you to take your life. The spirit of suicide comes from the Devil. Oooo, the Devil is a snake and DO NOT let him win. I feel for you DEEPLY. Since you are going through some financial difficulties, I hope your parents can be more understanding about your ability to reimburse them for the car. You will definitely be in my prayers. Update us and feel free to e-mail me or PM me when you feel the need to. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A Taffer

Stop right there criminal scum!
Jun 28, 2003
Utah
✟9,337.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
nikloas said:
3) i got a call this morning from a law firm, apparently i owe some money to someone? i have no idea what it is about, ive never owed money to anyone but my parents - they said they want to take me to court and that i could go to jail....

nick

Don't let bill collectors and lawyers push you around. Many law firms offer free counseling and advice on how to handle this situation and if you need to, get a lawyer....a lot of them are willing to work out the costs with you.

Upvote 0

thrash

Mar 6, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
✟268.00
Faith
Methodist
I wouldnt worry about any of that there bud. Sure it sucks you dont get to see your girlfriend, but if your committed youll work it threw. I know money problems too. I have 3 jobs and I am getting laid off from almost every single one. Its hard to make ends meat.. But if your parents really care about you then they will understand that you can pay them for the car eventually. Now lawsuits... I wouldn't worry one bit. People have tried to sue me a couple times myself. And for reasons not ground either. There was probably a mix up or something. I know how hard it is to actually try and over come the fear of might happen. I was sued for supposidly not having insurence when I got in a car accident, when I did. I was threatened, fined and even almost lost my liscence. Of course it was a big mix up and everything worked out fine. Recently I have been worrying because a man assaulted me a couple of weeks ago and threatended me. Its hard to just put that all be hind you and move on like it never happended. But the Lord will help you get threw it. Pray to him a lot about your worries and soon enough you'll never realized you had them.

Upvote 0
D

Drotar

nikloas said:
hey all

i dont even know if this is the right forum, but i figured i needed a friend

basically in the last week my life has gone from quite okay, to messed up hardcore.

1) my girlfriend who im so attached to has had her university schedule increased massivly, so i can barely see her due to her work load...that on its own has messed me up, we love each other dearly

2) i had saved up to pay my parents (i live out of home) for the car that i took off them, however latley things have gone wrong with it and my savings went into fixing it - mums demanding the money, but its not there. my parents are christians (dads a minister), but they're stern with money, and im too ashamed to tell them about my problems

Im so scared, im 20, i work at a video game distributor..but the money is below the normal rate. i just cant seem to get ahead at all, i know its all in Gods plan, but what im asking is, does he sometimes plan for me to end my own life? I cant get ahead, nothing works.

I try different saving plans etc, theres just no money. I had been praying for ages that I could get engaged to my lady end of this year, and we could get married next year. Weve talked about it so much. I've prayed and prayed...but aweful things keep cropping up.

I know he tests us, i wont stop trusting him, but i dont get it. im at the bottom, and i dont think i have the strength to climb back up. im going through my appartment today to sell everything i can, ill just leave the bed and some plates etc.

if you read this, thanks, and pray for me. if no one reads it, well, i guess it doesnt change anything, and i have at least typed things down on paper - maybe if i make it through ill post to keep people up to date. cant really think at the moment, it hurts.

cheers,

nick

What would killing yourself accomplish? For anyone? If you need help, then I promise I will, PM me and send me a PO Box if you don't feel like giving an address, and I'll send you what I have. I've done it for someone else that posted a thread like this, and now that I have more money I won't mind at all. I mean that. I've always felt that theology that I cannot apply in my lifestyle is worthless theology. If you need help, I'll help all I can.

Has God ordained you to end your life? I'm Calvinist and I'll respond on behalf of us.

The answer: you are in Christ and a son of the Most High. We don't know the plan God has for us until it happens. The Scriptures say that All things work for good FOR THOSE WHOM HE HAS CALLED. If you are a Christian, you have been called, and thus have the promise of the Scriptures on your side. BELIEVE the word, and read it EVERY day. It won't directly make your problems go away, but it changes your attitude, and that will make you into a better person. God is molding you right now.

You have your health, and you've got a girlfriend. Two things I might not necessarily have. You're at the bottom and that's a place that God will raise you up from, since you said you cannot raise yourself up. Have faith, as much as you might think that what I'm saying is stupid and you already knew this, I simply want to encourage you. God has great things in store for you. I PROMISE. TTYL Jesus loves you!

Upvote 0
Nick
You are in my prayers. I know things may look bad .... just hang in there and keep your eyes on the One who is Life..... Remember your girlfriend won't always have that schedule, and the sooner she can get done with classes...I am sure she will have more time to be with you. Maybe you could help her study ?
As one who struggles with depression.....I know things look bleak right now, but things will turn around for you. Have a heart to heart with your parents and explain what happened. It might feel good to let it out...to tell your parents.
And that court thing might be about something little.. I remember getting threatened over a bill for 2 bucks!!!! Just give it all to God and let Him work things out, and remember He LOVES you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
as for bill collectors. a lot of time they will help work things out with you so you can pay them back. if its say 100 bucks and you can only afford 50 now, they will work it out so you can give them the rest later. as awful as they can be, they can also be nice. so i pray that works out well.

as for not seeing your girlfriend as often. sometimes that is really good for a relationship. you allow each other your freedom and whatnot, but you also know that the other is there should you need them. plus, then spending time together is just that much more special. this could be God's way of helping you guys make sure you aren't being objects of lust (not in the sexual way only) or idols to each other. So try to look at things in a positive light. If you guys truly love each other and are meant to be together, this won't even phase y'all a bit!

Upvote 0

Ryder

Whatever was the deplorable word
Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟23,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good swords are made in a hot firey forge. They are heated more than once, to allow carbon in, and after each fireing they are cooled in water. These swords that were burnt more than once are stronger than swords only heated once when initially forming them. And in battle, the tempered swords will easily overcome the ill-crafted ones.

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God..." -ROMANS 8:28

...This doesn't mean all things are 'fun', but bad situations can temper the Christian. Prayin for you & good luck! :)

Upvote 0