I can't deal with this evil called "miscarriage".

KGirl

Oct 5, 2003
TN
Visit site
✟16,306.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not sure where to begin. Basically I have so many thoughts about going through a miscarriage. It was the worst nightmare I've ever gone through. I don't know how to accept or get over it. The physical pain is the worst part to me, but is equal to or a tad less than the moment I realized what was happening. I don't think about it daily, but when I think about it sometimes I get depressed just by the thought of it.
I love God, but I don't see how He could make our bodies capable of something so horrific. If nothing else, I don't get why we have to feel that much physical pain. Don't women already have enough hell to deal with?
When I first started to have bleeding, I thought it was a period. When I read about it online, the only thing I saw was that it can be normal while pregnant. Nowhere did I see that it could be the start of a miscarriage. After it happened I went online and low and behold there was info. So easy to find, but nowhere when I had looked before.
To my knowledge I don't think there is even anything you can do to make a miscarriage less painful except pray and hope to goodness the pain is lessened. When I went through it I prayed, but it didn't lessen until later when my husband also prayed out loud. By then most of it had already happened as far as the pain/bleeding. I don't know if he prayed before that or not, but luckily God finally made it a little better. Following that was the feeling like I would throw up or faint. By the time it was proven what happened I had already let out the emotions. I was just relieved I was feeling better physically.
The other horror is the thought that I'm just at the beginning of this. I've heard of women having this happen many times. I already became depressed from the first time, I don't see how I could handle it again.
I would like to hear your responses, advice, etc..
Questions I have is:
How have you accepted it?
What are your thoughts on it/going through it?
Is there a method you know of that could actually take away the pain somehow?

Prisca982

Jan 25, 2010
✟15,177.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear KGirl, I am so sorry for your loss, and the suffering you have gone through. It is completely normal to feel depressed after such a terrible thing, and to feel anxiety about going through it again.
In terms of practical advice, why don't you talk to your Ob/gyn and talk about your fears. I am sure they can give you some reassurance.

I haven't had a miscarriage, but my first pregnancy ended at 30 weeks with pre-eclampsia. Me and ds almost died. Although it ended happily, it was still the most traumatic thing I've ever gone through, and it took me over a year to get over it. I'm not trying to compare my suffering with yours - I'm just letting you know that I have experienced physcial and emotional pain so you know I'm not speaking to you out of a vacuum.

There's no simple answer to why God has allowed so much suffering in this world, but I do know that I have grown in faith more during periods of pain than when all is well.
These verses have helped me greatly in processing my pain; I really pray that they will help you too:
'[We rejoice greatly in our salvation], though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honour when Jesus Christ is revealed' (1 Pet 1v6-7, NIV)

Upvote 0

TaterFaith

AKA~ Just4Jesus
Jul 28, 2007
✟11,706.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not sure where to begin. Basically I have so many thoughts about going through a miscarriage. It was the worst nightmare I've ever gone through. I don't know how to accept or get over it. The physical pain is the worst part to me, but is equal to or a tad less than the moment I realized what was happening. I don't think about it daily, but when I think about it sometimes I get depressed just by the thought of it.
I love God, but I don't see how He could make our bodies capable of something so horrific. If nothing else, I don't get why we have to feel that much physical pain. Don't women already have enough hell to deal with?
When I first started to have bleeding, I thought it was a period. When I read about it online, the only thing I saw was that it can be normal while pregnant. Nowhere did I see that it could be the start of a miscarriage. After it happened I went online and low and behold there was info. So easy to find, but nowhere when I had looked before.
To my knowledge I don't think there is even anything you can do to make a miscarriage less painful except pray and hope to goodness the pain is lessened. When I went through it I prayed, but it didn't lessen until later when my husband also prayed out loud. By then most of it had already happened as far as the pain/bleeding. I don't know if he prayed before that or not, but luckily God finally made it a little better. Following that was the feeling like I would throw up or faint. By the time it was proven what happened I had already let out the emotions. I was just relieved I was feeling better physically.
The other horror is the thought that I'm just at the beginning of this. I've heard of women having this happen many times. I already became depressed from the first time, I don't see how I could handle it again.
I would like to hear your responses, advice, etc..
Questions I have is:
How have you accepted it?
What are your thoughts on it/going through it?
Is there a method you know of that could actually take away the pain somehow?

I am praying for you sweetheart, I am so sorry for your loss:hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2008
✟7,623.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having went through 2 MCs myself, I must say that I found peace in the fact that our God doesn't make mistakes. With that being said, I rested in this fact and figured that He knew better than I that this was not right and that He will bless me when the time is right. God bless you during this tough, sad time and know you are in my prayers too!

Upvote 0