• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

i cant calm down due to worries can you pray for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My ocd is telling me that I may have made with my thoughts for a second, a rush promise to God for fun. like a game.

I do not remember. I remember having different kind of thoughts about something but I cant remember any promise. My ocd worries are about promises so I think I would remember it.

My ocd is telling me that I may have made a promise to God not to go to a specific workplace, because I was planning not to go and wanted to force myself not to go or maybe I was doing for fun because I was sure that I was never going to work there, so some thoughts about promise may have slipped in my head.

are these promises valid?

I remember nothing but if I take the hypothetical scenarios of my ocd and imagine them, I get so worried and a part of me, without my will, is like "i do not remember this happening, but somehow rings a bell. maybe it happened maybe not, but cant confirm it.

me, who has ocd, and has prayed a lot to God, and tried not to make a mistake about making a promise, what are the chances of being careless and making the mistake for a couple of seconds that I do not remember?

why ocd insists so much? I was able to beat ocd in other case, but this is tough. ocd insists and a part of me somehow thinks that ocd may have a point.

if, in case a promise thought was made, is it considered ocd-related or not? I worry if there was a thought about promise to God and I was so careless that maybe I did it on purpose, for fun. I wonder if it happened, if it still counts as an ocd thought, even though that I was careless.

I worry that a higher power or the universe does not care about my ocd and validate those thoughts.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Status
Not open for further replies.