Bethesda
✟29,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I went through a Doubting Thomas phase where I started to think religion was fake. So, I denied the HS and made disparaging remarks about Him to prove to myself that I no longer believed and officially leave the church. :( The Gospels clearly state that anyone who blasphemes the HS can't be forgiven and will go to Hell. I also wondered why God would forgive serial rape but not something as seemingly trivial as blasphemy, especially considering that it's free speech.

Do you think it's too late for me to be saved?

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I also wondered why God would forgive serial rape but not something as seemingly trivial as blasphemy, especially considering that it's free speech.

That doesn't make much sense... does it.
The reason it doesn't make any sense... is because it's not true... I don't know where you got your information from but ... You did not commit the unforgivable sin (blasphemy of the spirit).
You stated that >> you went through a Doubting Thomas phase<< which tells me you were a believer before. It is impossible for a believer to commit the unforgivable sin....no matter how far they slide.

Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went through a Doubting Thomas phase where I started to think religion was fake. So, I denied the HS and made disparaging remarks about Him to prove to myself that I no longer believed and officially leave the church. :( The Gospels clearly state that anyone who blasphemes the HS can't be forgiven and will go to Hell. I also wondered why God would forgive serial rape but not something as seemingly trivial as blasphemy, especially considering that it's free speech.

Don't worry, the fact that you feel regret and remorse is a sign that you did not commit the unforgivable sin. Don't worry, Paul even stated that he blasphemed the Holy Spirit, but he did so in ignorance, and so did you.

If you're wondering what point you need to reach in order to held accountable for blaspheme, you basically need to be a mature christian. Not just a christian who has gone to church their whole life, but someone who has an intimate relationship with God. Someone who operates in the power of the Holy Spirit, and so on. So if you ever get to that point in life, and then for one reason or another decide to turn your back on God and blaspheme the Holy Spirit, then there is no more forgiveness for you. You are basically at this point rejecting God, and renouncing your salvation.

Upvote 0

AnglicanPeace

Feb 11, 2018
Bethesda
✟29,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
That doesn't make much sense... does it.
The reason it doesn't make any sense... is because it's not true... I don't know where you got your information from but ... You did not commit the unforgivable sin (blasphemy of the spirit).
You stated that >> you went through a Doubting Thomas phase<< which tells me you were a believer before. It is impossible for a believer to commit the unforgivable sin....no matter how far they slide.
Then what exactly is the unforgivable sin (blasphemy of the spirit)?

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The cross covers all of our sins from the point of birth to the point of death.

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not a sin, as such, it is a state of heart that no matter what "signs" are given to it they refuse to repent. The Bible says:

Eze 33:11 Say to them: 'As I live,' says the Lord GOD, 'I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?'

God wants us saved. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit was an action where the Pharisees had seen God's goodness and miracles but rather than repent called it of the devil.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then what exactly is the unforgivable sin (blasphemy of the spirit)?
Basically it's rejecting Christ as your savior. As in you sincerely believe that Christ is not the savior. Since belief in Christ as savior is necessary for receiving God's forgiveness, it's the sin that can't be forgiven. It's not some string of words or thoughts that act like some kind of incantation. When the Pharisees rejected Christ by saying/believing that his power came from the devil, instead of the Holy Spirit, they cut off their only means to forgiveness and salvation, unless they later repented and accepted Christ as savior.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The unforgivable sin is unbelief until death. Those who deny His Holy Spirit can not be redeemed. This is what the Pharisees did. Unless one is " born again of the Spirit " salvation is not possible. Blessings.

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Believe me when I tell you, you have not blasphemed the HOLY SPIRIT: only the Elect when called up to testify in the synagogues of Satan for a 10 day trial where the whole world hears and understands them, for it is not them that speak but the HOLY SPIRIT through them. Only they can commit this act and that time is not yet. CHRIST said HE shortened the days if it were possible even the elect would falter- I tell you it is not possible something that Christianity has been waiting on for 2k years stand wanting, waiting to take on the greatest task and destiny anyone could have. Even the prophets and disciples wanted to be part of this time but GOD chose us in the here and now to take on the head of the snake. You have not committed Blasphemy against the HOLY SPIRIT, can only be committed by the 7k Elect.

Upvote 0