US
✟1,102,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm cleaning out some unwanted items; and a few years back, I bought a Mexican guitar to give a first time player (a child) some guitar lessons.

I went to clean the dust off of the box that it came in; when I noticed that the label on the box was written in English. Hmmm. OK. I bought it in a border town; so maybe that was a marketing tool.

Not quite. Upon further examination I discovered the words Made In China! So much for achieving that authentic Mexican sound.

Then I noticed a warning notice in small print. What could this possibly be? Don't play dueling guitars with someone who has taken lessons from El Kabong? LOL.

Despite my geezeritus, I couldn't resist breaking out the magnifying glass to take a look.

WARNING

Using handtools can be dangerous.

I would consider a guitar used to kabong someone as a weapon more than a tool. Maybe it was designed to kabong rattlesnakes.

Always take care and keep away from children.

I messed up here! Lesson learned. Always inspect your box with a magnifying glass before handing a guitar to a child.

Wear protective eyewear in work area at all times.

I can identify with this. When strings break they can sometimes become projectiles. I've had them penetrate my skin. The other guitar manufacturers never warned me of this. Go China! Safety First!

Select correct type and size of tool for work.

Don't bring a ukulele to a guitar duel.

Wear heavy shield and safety glasses.

This sounds like it's of the Medieval discipline. Metal maybe?

Wear heavy long sleeve working gloves.

It's more challenging to fret the strings this way; but it could help to prevent getting skewered, should the neck splinter on impact.

This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

I've seen this last warning come up on many products. It seems that industry world wide is attempting to depopulate CA.

Last edited:

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm cleaning out some unwanted items; and a few years back, I bought a Mexican guitar to give a first time player (a child) some guitar lessons.

I went to clean the dust off of the box that it came in; when I noticed that the label on the box was written in English. Hmmm. OK. I bought it in a border town; so maybe that was a marketing tool.

Not quite. Upon further examination I discovered the words Made In China! So much for achieving that authentic Mexican sound.

Then I noticed a warning notice in small print. What could this possibly be? Don't play dueling guitars with someone who has taken lessons from El Kabong? LOL.

Despite my geezeritus, I couldn't resist breaking out the magnifying glass to take a look.

WARNING

Using handtools can be dangerous.

I would consider a guitar used to kabong someone as a weapon more than a tool. Maybe it was designed to kabong rattlesnakes.

Always take care and keep away from children.

I messed up here! Lesson learned. Always inspect your box with a magnifying glass before handing a guitar to a child.

Wear protective eyewear in work area at all times.

I can identify with this. When strings break they can sometimes become projectiles. I've had them penetrate my skin. The other guitar manufacturers never warned me of this. Go China! Safety First!

Select correct type and size of tool for work.

Don't bring a ukulele to a guitar duel.

Wear heavy shield and safety glasses.

This sounds like it's of the Medieval discipline. Metal maybe?

Wear heavy long sleeve working gloves.

It's more challenging to fret the strings this way; but it could help to prevent getting skewered, should the neck splinter on impact.

This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

I've seen this last warning come up on many products. It seems that industry world wide is attempting to depopulate CA.
Thanks for the laugh @HARK! I needed that today!^_^

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0