✟5,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
How did you find this out?
I found this out over the years and came to the conclusion. I have read Paul talking about singleness in the Bible and would like that for my life. I want to die never being married and being single in Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I found this out over the years and came to the conclusion. I have read Paul talking about singleness in the Bible and would like that for my life. I want to die never being married and being single in Christ.

I'm glad you didn't have to learn it the hard way. God bless you :)

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you're happy remaining unmarried, I dont see why not. It looks like you won't be dating either, which seems like a good deal, since you wont ever be getting married.

Yup! Purposeless dating is something that ceases to make sense, when one reaches a certain stage during their walk with Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: I AM CONTENT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vinter

Jul 17, 2021
Copenhagen
✟55,412.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know of at least three others on this site who made threads proclaiming this same thing who went on to be married within just a few years.

Going from celibate to getting married in just a a few years! That's very interesting.

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When I was younger I wanted to find 'Mr. Right', the man of my dreams, marry him, have foster and adopt children. Then I discovered I am not good at working with children. I have some mental problems, so I cannot have children of my own, they would be disabled, deformed, severely handicap, with the medicine I take I am not allowed t get pregnant. So that dream fell though. I wondered if I could marry a man and not have any children, but their are too many old fashion out dated preachers with the philosophy that all marriages are suppose to result with children. Too many people think all women everywhere should have a baby. I can't find a man to agree with me.

So I decided I will stay single and please the Lord instead of trying to please people. Jesus Christ said that He is gentle and kind and to take his yoke upon us for his yoke is easy and his burden light. He will take care of us. I had trouble getting dates, I did not trust computer dating, it seems to be all a man wants is sex. Even men calling themselves Christians, they don't want commitment, they just want sex. No way! That's why I don't date, and if I get married, my 'Christian' husband might boss me around, I want to find a good, kind Christian Democrat, what are the chances of that?

• Informative
Reactions: Will Joseph

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As of March 23, 2021, at 8:28 pm PST, I am called to singleness by the Almighty God so I am not dating or getting married in this one life here on Earth.
Or you might be wrong. It's God's decision.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Will Joseph

Jul 10, 2020
Bronx
✟26,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
. I had trouble getting dates, I did not trust computer dating, it seems to be all a man wants is sex. Even men calling themselves Christians, they don't want commitment, they just want sex. No way! That's why I don't date, and if I get married, my 'Christian' husband might boss me around, I want to find a good, kind Christian Democrat, what are the chances of that?

I was somewhat in the same situation. I don't like sex. I've thought of dating without sex but I don't really like how women dress in my neighborhood. Where I live, dating and sexual activity are highly associated. Some dances are sexual. And if a man is not receptive of sexuality, he is somewhat shunned and alienated. Men who don't want sex, like male virgins and celibates, are laughed at or considered "losers." I don't feel safe being social much anymore in my neighborhood because I would be avoided or harassed due to my disinterest in sex.