i am not a bad person...

Status
Not open for further replies.

edjones

Jan 15, 2002
✟1,549.00
John 8:7
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Upvote 0

ThienAn

Bench Press THIS!
Mar 5, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
✟8,733.00
Faith
Christian
Newbie, one question/statement that I can deduct from your post is that if someone has lived their live more perfect than that of some christians, why can't they be saved? And I think someone already answered that question. No one can saved by what they have done. None of us is good enough to be saved by our works. One can only be saved if he/she believes in God.

Simply put, "...whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Upvote 0

soulsisterclaire

JESUS DIED FOR YOU & ME
Feb 26, 2002
Alabama
Visit site
✟1,279.00
Newbie -

Here is more great verses:

Romans 10:

9. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I am not a good person I know this by the ten commandments.

I have broken every one of them either. in my thought's words or deeds.

The big deal about knowing we are bad is this.

God knows were bad. The bible says the person that sins shall
die.

we all know the effects of God rightful Judgement because we all some day will die. Every person has broken Gods commandments. either by their thoughts words or action's.

yet God has given us a bigger deal. He set aside his Godly crown and came down to live and die in our sinful stead.

the perfect God who had no sin became sin for us and took the puishment
from his Father that we deserved winning us eternal life in
heaven .

God
came down and lived a perfect life for us he then died on the cross in our sinful place and rose again proving he has the power even over death.And that his promises are always true. and even though we die we will live again in his kingdom for ever . As long as we trust that Jesus did live a perfect Life for us and died in our sinful place.And rose again for our benefit.

public domain
a portion of
Christi blut und gerechitgkelt
Luwig vonzinsendorf 1739
John Wesley 1740

Jesus I beleive were sinners more than sands upon the ocean shore. Though for all a ransome paid for all a full atonement made. When from the dust of death I rise to claim my mansion in the skies. even then this shall be my plea:
Jesus has lived and died for me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.