I am moving to Tennessee

B

BlueLioness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee

https://www.google.com/search?q=tennessee&hl=en&gbv=2&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

I am moving to Tennessee...I still live with my blood parents and they have been talking about moving/relocating for over a year now, and we are going to move sometime in January of this upcoming year. Mom and dad have been looking at houses to buy in Johnson City, Tennessee or Nashville, Tennessee.

I've only lived in Florida and Washington State. Nowhere else. I have never lived in Tennessee before. If you live there, what is it like?

I guess I am kind of excited, I mean moving means adventure, sightseeing, travel, and new places. That should be a lot of fun. We're moving from Washington State to Tennessee, so I think that is about a thousand miles or so clear across the United States, a very long ways to travel.

The only thing I regret is that I am going to have to leave behind all of my offline friends (that kind of makes me sad), and then I am going to have to make a completely new set of friends once I settle down in Tennessee. I am going to have to completely start over.

The good thing about having online friends is that no matter where you go they are always still there. :) You don't have to leave them behind or anything. No goodbyes.

Last edited:
B

BlueLioness

Update: Well we've been packing our belongings and household furnishings into U-HAUL boxes for the past two days. Our house looks pretty bare on the inside. We've only got out what we are going to use for the next few days.

My dad is going to rent the biggest U-HAUL truck possible on January 7th (because the size of our house is pretty big and we've got a lot of stuff), then he is going to hire two men to move the entire household belongings into the moving truck.

We are leaving on January 9th, 2015. We are going to drive across the United States from Washington State until we come to Tennessee...and our new home. We are going back south!

Please pray that the move goes well! We only have about one week left in this house until we move! We've been making all the necessary preparations! Mom has even been planning what we are going to eat when we are traveling on the road!

I am excited. Going places I have never been before means adventure and fun for me! YAY!

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Praying it all goes well for you and your family. I think it will be a wonderful experience, you certainly have a great attitude about it! But aren't you going to miss all this rain! ;) I've never been to Tennessee, but it looks like it has some beautiful areas.

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2014
✟165.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey I'm moving to Tennessee, too! But we are going to Knoxville. It seems like a great state to live in with a lot of fun things to do. We are coming from Ohio, so not nearly as far as you though!

From what I can gather, a lot of companies are moving there because of the low taxes (one of the reasons I'm doing it).

Good luck to you!

Upvote 0
B

BlueLioness

Update: We have been in Johnson City, Tennessee for two weeks now. We traveled 3,000 miles from Vancouver, Washington to Johnson City, Tennessee! We did it! We made it safely to our destination! Praise the LORD!

I am glad that the trip is over. It took us 10 days to make the move.

We've been living out of a hotel room for the past two weeks. My parents made an offer on a house and we are going to buy it and move in soon, but the front porch has a huge crack in its cement and my dad had to order a cement business to redo the porch. The crack goes all the way into the house and affects the way the front door opens and shuts, so it is pretty bad. But my dad is willing to pay anything to get it fixed.

I am excited that I get a brand-new home and location to live out of. I am an explorer and adventurer at heart, and I like to explore and go on adventures, and being that I am new to the Johnson City area discovering every new thing will be a lot of fun!

As soon as we move in we are going to plant our garden, apply for our library cards at the local library (my family are books lovers and we all like to read) and see to other business.

My parents are new to Johnson City and they have been driving around the city memorizing the streets and where everything is. They will soon learn and become street smart!

Pray all goes well on the new house!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

BlueLioness

Praying it all goes well for you and your family. I think it will be a wonderful experience, you certainly have a great attitude about it! But aren't you going to miss all this rain! ;) I've never been to Tennessee, but it looks like it has some beautiful areas.

I think it looks great in the Autumn when all the trees have changed to red, yellow, and orange colors -- but it is winter right now and the trees don't have any leaves on them and it looks kind if ugly like that. Trees without leaves are ugly trees, in my humble opinion. :sick:

Upvote 0
B

BlueLioness

Hey I'm moving to Tennessee, too! But we are going to Knoxville. It seems like a great state to live in with a lot of fun things to do. We are coming from Ohio, so not nearly as far as you though!

From what I can gather, a lot of companies are moving there because of the low taxes (one of the reasons I'm doing it).

Good luck to you!

I am going to have to calculate how far Knoxville is from Johnson City...

Upvote 0