private
✟15,876.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello there. I am not sure if I posted this wrong section or whatever but I need help, in any way so please forgive me if I chose wrong section. Basically I am teen who tries to find himself, I am 14 year old male. Sorry for lying about my age when opening profile, I just need help.

A year ago, I discovered God, I let Jesus in my heart and started progressing in every single way. But recently I am losing faith. Not because of bad thing but... religion doesnt make much sence to me anymore. First things first, is Jesus really son of God? Is he really here with me. Does God really exist and if he does, how can I for sure know his personality is not just a fiction but instead truth. Do I have purpouse? Why is there one God but multiple teachings about him. Why do bad things happen? Why is someone happy but someone else lost mother or father today. Why did all these kids get killed and raped. Now why is there sickness, now why such good people die from cancer? Who created evil. Something is tempting us, we believe its enemy, but why does God let that. Why didnt Jesus just stand up from that cross and stayed here with us. A lot of questions going in my head. If I just ignored everything and continued caring only about myself I would be selfish, christianity didnt teach me to be like that. I am still Christian but after ecerything I see and hear, it is hard to believe in Jesus and to believe that God cares about us all. Someone did create all of this, but does he care about all of this. I did get help and a lot of you did... But how can I after a lot of trying still be addicted in some way to inappropriate contentography, why can't I be clear? Why is my brain somehow rejecting all of this.

I am not spitting on religion, I am sure there are answers, and hope someone shows me. I also pray that God helps me see him and Jesus in my life. But somehow I dont see progress, instead I see my own failure to control even my own thoughts.

I will repeat, once I was close to God but now I am just lost, what is happening?

• Friendly
Reactions: SarahsKnight

Filip M

Aug 17, 2019
private
✟15,876.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello there. I am not sure if I posted this wrong section or whatever but I need help, in any way so please forgive me if I chose wrong section. Basically I am teen who tries to find himself, I am 14 year old male. Sorry for lying about my age when opening profile, I just need help.

A year ago, I discovered God, I let Jesus in my heart and started progressing in every single way. But recently I am losing faith. Not because of bad thing but... religion doesnt make much sence to me anymore. First things first, is Jesus really son of God? Is he really here with me. Does God really exist and if he does, how can I for sure know his personality is not just a fiction but instead truth. Do I have purpouse? Why is there one God but multiple teachings about him. Why do bad things happen? Why is someone happy but someone else lost mother or father today. Why did all these kids get killed and raped. Now why is there sickness, now why such good people die from cancer? Who created evil. Something is tempting us, we believe its enemy, but why does God let that. Why didnt Jesus just stand up from that cross and stayed here with us. A lot of questions going in my head. If I just ignored everything and continued caring only about myself I would be selfish, christianity didnt teach me to be like that. I am still Christian but after ecerything I see and hear, it is hard to believe in Jesus and to believe that God cares about us all. Someone did create all of this, but does he care about all of this. I did get help and a lot of you did... But how can I after a lot of trying still be addicted in some way to inappropriate contentography, why can't I be clear? Why is my brain somehow rejecting all of this.

I am not spitting on religion, I am sure there are answers, and hope someone shows me. I also pray that God helps me see him and Jesus in my life. But somehow I dont see progress, instead I see my own failure to control even my own thoughts.

I will repeat, once I was close to God but now I am just lost, what is happening?

And I forgot, thank you in advance for your answers. God bless you all.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and hope someone shows me. I also pray that God helps me see him and Jesus in my life. But somehow I dont see progress, instead I see my own failure to control even my own thoughts.

I know it isn't much, Filip, but, perhaps you are merely being too impatient. Perhaps God has it in mind a time in the future, however near or far off that may be, to show you Jesus in your life in a much more intimate way than you had before. And of course, the time before such a dawning will always seem very dark. In any event, I will pray that He has mercy upon you and your hurting, your seeming uncertainty right now.

Why didnt Jesus just stand up from that cross and stayed here with us

With all due respect, perhaps you are still very new in your faith to see the deeper meaning. If I am understanding you correctly here, you wonder why Jesus allowed Himself to be beaten and hung upon the cross, then to die, instead of showing the world He was greater than all of the grievous wounds and insults put upon Him that would have probably killed any ordinary man ten times over. But please keep in mind - again if I understood correctly where you were getting at in the question I quoted you on above - if Jesus had not died, He would not have needed to rise again three days later. And His resurrection, I believe, is very central to our faith in Him, as per 1 Corinthians 15:14-17, and is essential to the forgiveness of ours sins. He died and rose again, and therefore one day we who believe may rise again after our deaths, this time wholly restored and cleansed from all sin and unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

PizzaAddict

Jun 23, 2019
Krakow
✟11,331.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Because your faith was probably based on feelings rather than evidence and when you got bored or something bad happend in your life and God didnt do miracle to help you then you walk away from him.

And ye you feel bad because you fap to inappropriate content and you do feel bad because you know God exists if you didn't you wouldn't feel bad from doing something which gives such pleasure .

I'll try answer all you asked.

1First things first, is Jesus really son of God?

Yes he is because he fullfilled all prophecy which was written hundreds years before by different people in different parts of world so they couldn't do such conspiracy to all agree on every detail of him , moreover some prophecy was such precise you could literally count days untill Jesus had to come .

2.Is he really with me ?
No he is not , he is sitting on right hand of Father untill God makes his enemies desolate by war and famine. Asking "Jesus" into your heart is not Biblical and is man made doctrine , you are sealed by Holy Spirit if you believe the Gospel and when people meet in Jesus name he is spiritually among us .

3.Does God really exist and if he does, how can I for sure know his personality is not just a fiction but instead truth?

Thing is demons can reproduce God's "miracles" but they don't have foreknowledge , by the Prophecy God gave us he confirmed that he is God because he has access to knowing future which is like nobody else can do it . That makes him unique and confirms his existance you can read about them here , probably more somewhere but it's good amount .

AccordingtotheScriptures.org :: 356 Prophecies Fulfilled in Jesus Christ

4. Do I have purpouse?
Yes believers have purpose to share gospel with lost people. Definition of Gospel is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 by apostle Paul . It's free of charge Ephesians 2:8-9 , Romans 3:28 , Galatians 2:16 .

5. Why is there one God but multiple teachings about him. ?
There are none , there is true teaching and false teachings , most people on purpose change stuff they don't like for either money , power or because they can't stand the truth. You don't have to finish Bible School of any kind to know what God says simply asking Holy Spirit for teaching and reading the word while putting away everything you know including science apart and trusting it.

6.Why do bad things happen?
Because both us all are evil and this kingdom is ruled by Satan.

7.Why is someone happy but someone else lost mother or father today?
Because we are in fallen world also why would I be sad if my mother died since she is saved she will live forever . Only people who do not believe in Christ can mourn because they know their loved ones will be tortured forever and ever .

8.Why did all these kids get killed and raped.
Because people are evil simple as that. Good people do not exist apart from Christ himself.

9.Now why is there sickness, now why such good people die from cancer?

Sickness is caused by sin , also every generation is getting worse and worse because we are slowly dying so we get more and more bad mutations and live actually shorter , we live 1/20 of what Adam lived on average the 1st Man who sinned .

Why people die of cancer ? Because they are stupid and don't even know what cancer is. Just like scurvy was supposed to be "poseidon's curse " for sailors and thing that cannot be cured was simply lack of Vitamin C.

10.Who created evil?
Nobody , evil is doing bad on purpose against what God said to do. God did not create Satan evil , Satan was one of most high angels in charge of others and was good .

11.Something is tempting us, we believe its enemy, but why does God let that?
1 Corinthians 10:13

12.Why didnt Jesus just stand up from that cross and stayed here with us?
Because he had to fullfill prophecy , also go down to hell to let people who died before he came to earth to help them get out. People actually ressurrected , these who died recently and had bodies still in grave
Matthew 27:52-53

Why didn't Jesus stay afterwards ? Somehow he had to go up so we could get Holy Spirit we don't know why.
John 17:6

You will struggle with inappropriate contentography and other sins aswell untill you get new body which can't sin and can't have sex.
Paul said it's better to marry than burn in heat so get wife.
It was actually first command of God to go and multiply.

Upvote 0

Ecclesiastian

Mar 7, 2019
Tifton
✟23,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If Christ hadn't died, we would all be lost. God could not claim to be righteousness if He wasn't just, if He didn't punish sin. As such, He gave us the Law, an opportunity to show that we could be righteous and not require punishment for our sin. But the Law served only to condemn because we are so impulsively sinful. And since sin is an offense to an infinite authority, God, it requires an infinite punishment, I.e. death. But God is merciful. So Christ came and took our punishment for us, so that the justice of God would be maintained at His own expense, sparing us. And then Christ, hallelujah, rose again and conquered sin and death, so that by faith we who believe in Him may also rise from the dead to a glorified existence at His return.

Upvote 0