I am lost. And in a very far land.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Only God can give you the peace that passes all understanding in this matter. After all, it is the relationship that your heart most desires to be secure. Since God is both the Holy One of Israel and Yeshua, I will be praying that your receive a reconciling from Him on this matter.

I just want you to know, you are loved, you are precious in His sight, and He who has begun a good work in you, will not stop.. You have sought Him in all the places you have gone, and you have not rebelled against Him or His Kingdom. You have explored places that know not His name, and places that knew of His visit in the flesh.

You are blessed to know Him, and follow His voice even when you denied His Visit to earth in the flesh. Be rest assured, God was with you every step of your spiritual journey and for His purpose He has allowed you to explore both in ways that most of us could not even imagine. You will have a calling that is special when you open up your arms again, as a prodigal child coming Home.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I am crying my heart out now!
I have never been in your position, so I cannot even begin to imagine
the anguish you are going through. May the Almighty guide you on your
way and lead you to peace.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,067,094.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I really thank the ones who cared for me enough to spend some minutes in prayer for me. May their prayers come up to the Lord and may He will rescue me.

Dear Sis... Well... We are trying to help! I did a study on this in metaphor to Einstiens E=mc2 equation...

Physical E/c2 = Our earthly tabernacle.
Spiritual E/c2 = Energy (Love, motivation, warmth) / Light (Faith, hope, charity, joy)
Mental E/c2 = Our intellectual thought process

It seems that we humans are born with just a little of the spiritual stuff. It is something that each one of us seek more of... With hits and misses.

The opposite of spiritual Energy (Love, motivation, warmth) / Light (Faith, hope, charity, joy) is...

Spiritual z/d Absolute Zero (Hate, apathy, cold) / darkness (fear, depression, greed, sorrow)

There are times in which the best of us go through z/d in which sometimes the only thing to do is bide our time and wait patiently on the Lord in prayer, fasting, and in study! Sometimes we have got to suffer it out! The apostle Paul once told folk "Let us eat and drink for tomorrow we die!" The main thing is that we have our insurance paid up with Jesus Christ mutual life! The Apostle Paul led such a life that he once declared that if he had hope for this life only he would be of all men most miserable!

There are times in which we have got to muster up our own spiritual E/c2. Praying 'Father, I go out this day in faith, be a source of light and encouragement in my life and lead me down righteous paths... In Jesus name!' In my own life I have got to continually encourage myself down the paths of E/c2. If I am depending on someone else to encourage me I will be most certainly left out in the z/d (the spiritual cold... brrrr!)...

The Power of Motivation and E/c2 with Zig Ziglar - YouTube

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I am crying my heart out now! Because I sent this thread also to "Ask a Chaplain" and nobody answered me. Maybe they think I am really beyond prayers?
You maybe be right, but by ignoring the torment of my soul, you are wrong in any case.

I am sorry. I know I will be misunderstood, for sure.

I am very sorry for your suffering KSF. Your words are very eloquent and speak your longing to do the right thing, and I think you do not need to fear. Remember that Our Lord himself was a Jew, and so was the apostle Paul and all the disciples. The early followers of the Way did not think of themselves as Christian in contradistinction to being Jewish; they could be both very happily.

Clearly if a person is born as a Jew, brought up as a Jew and part of the very rich Jewish heritage, then it will not be easy for them to embrace Christianity without retaining who they are in the process. There is no need to give up anything that is central to Jewish identity in order to follow the Lord; the Messianic faith is a very honourable one.

On the other hand, those of us not fortunate enough to have this same close connection with the faith into which the Lord was born, and in which he lived and died; we have to live a different kind of faith. One which has its own beauty and its own richness, but one which has also, imo, lost something important that was part of the Lord's own life.

I think if you consider your own journey so far as just that; a journey of faith, a pilgrimage, it might be easier for you. You have never walked away from God, because whatever direction you turn, you are facing towards him. In embracing Judaism you have embraced something very precious, and very important, both about Judaism itself, and even about Christianity. I do not think you need to feel guilty about this journey, which you have made in good faith, and in good conscience.

The point was made to talk to your Rabbi, and I think that is good advice. I think he will help you find your way. At present you feel yourself to be lost, and that is not a good feeling, but I would encourage you to remember Psalm 139.

Whither shall I go from thy Spirit?
Or whither shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, thou art there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, thou art there!
If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there thy right hand shall lead me,
and thy right hand shall hold me.

God be with you, and don't worry. You have not left him behind, and neither has he let you go.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I feel I am too far. How can Jesus accept me again if I denied Him so forcefully?

Pray for me as I am far. Very far.

From the conversions I've heard of you should have been turned away three times to be sure of your sincerity and convictions. Three times you must have said you wanted to forsake your beliefs and convert.

How many times did Peter deny (knowingly as he was told this in advance by Jesus) him? Was he not reconciled to him and went on to head his congregation in Jerusalem with James?

:hug:

Upvote 0

Gerat_Tzedek

Old Newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Yucaipa, CA
✟7,729.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Whither shall I go from thy Spirit?
Or whither shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, thou art there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, thou art there!
If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there thy right hand shall lead me,
and thy right hand shall hold me.

God be with you, and don't worry. You have not left him behind, and neither has he let you go.

Catherineanne: This was kind, thoughtful, and beautiful. It gets the threefold AMEN in four part harmony.

Upvote 0

xDenax

Jewish
Jul 20, 2009
United States
✟13,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the conversions I've heard of you should have been turned away three times to be sure of your sincerity and convictions.

Many Rabbis outside of Orthodoxy do not do this anymore. I have run into several who do not do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Many Rabbis outside of Orthodoxy do not do this anymore. I have run into several who do not do it.

I think most Orthodox rabbis actually do it more than three times...people have to be very persistent if the wish to convert ;) I know one lady that
has been attempting to convert for 5 years now. Don't know what the issue is......

Upvote 0

Gerat_Tzedek

Old Newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Yucaipa, CA
✟7,729.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
LOL, for pretending to read minds. I'm a highly empathic, intuitive person, and I often know what someone else is feeling before they are even aware of it themselves. BUT, I have been know to, er..., make mistakes on occasion. :D

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL, for pretending to read minds. I'm a highly empathic, intuitive person, and I often know what someone else is feeling before they are even aware of it themselves. BUT, I have been know to, er..., make mistakes on occasion. :D

Reminds me of Equilibrium, the movie where Christian Bale is said to know that someone is feeling even before they themselves know it. :)

Loved that movie, by the way.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's the little wee things like being on time for a 9:00 appointment with the Rabbi and waiting five hours while he takes phone calls. I think one only survives the process if one is incredibly stubborn, or especially resiliant, or (like me) a total nutter.
Reminds me of my wife getting ready to go out and eat....3 hrs to get ready for 1 hour to eat a meal...outta be a law

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Catherineanne: This was kind, thoughtful, and beautiful. It gets the threefold AMEN in four part harmony.

Thank you, you are most kind. :)

I am concerned that KSF is being forgotten in this thread, if you don't mind me saying so.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I am crying my heart out now! Because I sent this thread also to "Ask a Chaplain" and nobody answered me. Maybe they think I am really beyond prayers?
You maybe be right, but by ignoring the torment of my soul, you are wrong in any case.

I am sorry. I know I will be misunderstood, for sure.

A reminder of why we are here.

Many thanks.

Upvote 0