✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
just out of curiosity, and this may be a hard one to answer....but have any of you ever been "warned" for a post (for whatever reason)?

I have (several times) :(

Yes, and I've also been bullied by one than more moderator :doh:

diane

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Diane_Windsor said:
Yes, and I've also been bullied by one than more moderator :doh:

diane

Me, too. I got warned AND told off because of a post I made in another denom's forum. I was responding to a statement of misinformation that someone made about my denom, correcting the misinformation about a salvation issue. I simply made a statement that the information was incorrect and gave the correct info, then bowed out of the thread, but two days later I got the warning from one mod and a royal telling-off by another because my correcting the misinformation had inflamed the OP because he found it offensive that baptists do NOT believe what he thought they did. He only wanted people to post in his thread if they agreed with the misinformation! And the mods backed him up on it by issuing a formal warning!:eek:

But I've said too much and may recieve a warning for it.

Upvote 0

jcright

Truth Seeker
May 27, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
✟917.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ginny said:
just out of curiosity, and this may be a hard one to answer....but have any of you ever been "warned" for a post (for whatever reason)?

I have (several times) :(

I have escaped warning so far. However, I also don't go posting comments in other forums. In fact, it's rare that I go outside of this one. If I do, it's to ask a question and perhaps even a clarifying question.

Being as sensitive as people are though, I'm very surprised that I haven't received a warning. There are days when I've snapped off a rather lengthy message that I'm sure I'll get in trouble for...but somehow I seem to dodge the bullet. Either people could care less about what I say and ignore my posts or I'm better at making my points than I think:).

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
2TI 4:1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

What is going on is just part of the great falling away in my opinion. I believe that we can expect more and more of this in our lives. People that don't know the truth that will do anything possible to keep those that do know the truth from speaking it.

I pretty much say what I want. But after seeing the situation here for as long as I have I have learned to just focus on telling the true gospel when I get a chance rather than trying to fight all of the people that are deceived and think that they are saved by their rituals rather than by Jesus' sacrifice. Tell the gospel everytime you get a chance and let the Holy Spirit lead those into truth that He will and don't bother with the rest is my advice. This is what I believe the Holy Spirit has led me to do.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
1CO 15:1 Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

1CO 15:3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

RO 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

We are saved by believing the gospel--NOT by doing rituals.

I believe we need to stop arguing with those that are deceived--present the gospel which "is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes." I don't believe that we can argue people into believing the truth--only tell the true gospel and leave the rest to the power of God.

Upvote 0

jcright

Truth Seeker
May 27, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
✟917.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Terri said:
I don't believe that we can argue people into believing the truth--only tell the true gospel and leave the rest to the power of God.

Maybe, but there is a certain satisfaction in knowing that you've exhausted all of your available resources in order to get the person to believe. If they still choose to believe after you've knocked their arguements down left/right/center, then it becomes their problem.

Then again, I'm the type that has a hard time giving up.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
jcright said:
Maybe, but there is a certain satisfaction in knowing that you've exhausted all of your available resources in order to get the person to believe. If they still choose to believe after you've knocked their arguements down left/right/center, then it becomes their problem.

Then again, I'm the type that has a hard time giving up.

Leaving things to God's power is certainly NOT giving up.

Is there any place in the bible where you have found Jesus or one of the apostles trying to argue people into believing the gospel. I can't think of any but maybe I am missing something.

Upvote 0

jcright

Truth Seeker
May 27, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
✟917.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Terri said:
Leaving things to God's power is certainly NOT giving up.

Is there any place in the bible where you have found Jesus or one of the apostles trying to argue people into believing the gospel. I can't think of any but maybe I am missing something.

No, in fact, Jesus told his disciples when he sent them out to "dust off their sandles" if they are not welcomed. However, I feel like I've failed if I haven't done everything that I know I can do. An illogical reaction? Yep, but that's how I'm wired. I feel better if I know I've done everything that I can. If I leave something undone, then I've given up...and in essence I've failed God by not doing everything that he has given me the ability to do.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
jcright said:
No, in fact, Jesus told his disciples when he sent them out to "dust off their sandles" if they are not welcomed. However, I feel like I've failed if I haven't done everything that I know I can do. An illogical reaction? Yep, but that's how I'm wired. I feel better if I know I've done everything that I can. If I leave something undone, then I've given up...and in essence I've failed God by not doing everything that he has given me the ability to do.

JC I am certainly not trying to be harsh with you and I hope it doesn't come out that way but what I believe in my own life I have had revealed to me by the Holy Spirit is that how I feel about anything is really totally irrelevent. Doing what God has said is what is important. If he says to dust off your sandles I shouldn't let how I feel keeping me from doing what he says.

Now in 2TI 4:2 He says to correct, rebuke and encourage which we should also do. We are really not allowed to do this with people outside of our own forum on this board as far as I can tell. So, we are only left with the ability to tell the gospel to those people that are deceived and leave it at that. But, alot of those people like to secretly come over and read what we write so I say tell the gospel here as often as you can and let God lead those into truth that He will.

2TI 4:1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A Brother In Christ

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
jcright said:
And so we lose yet another valuable member...I hope everyone is taking note of this. We need some changes here at CF before we lose more!

You'll be missed GEL. Thank you for the time that you've given us.

maybe learning to do eph 4:26-32

and how to phil 2:2:1-5

and how to correct in love not the flesh 1cor 13

Upvote 0

A Brother In Christ

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lambslove said:
Me, too. I got warned AND told off because of a post I made in another denom's forum. I was responding to a statement of misinformation that someone made about my denom, correcting the misinformation about a salvation issue. I simply made a statement that the information was incorrect and gave the correct info, then bowed out of the thread, but two days later I got the warning from one mod and a royal telling-off by another because my correcting the misinformation had inflamed the OP because he found it offensive that baptists do NOT believe what he thought they did. He only wanted people to post in his thread if they agreed with the misinformation! And the mods backed him up on it by issuing a formal warning!:eek:

But I've said too much and may recieve a warning for it.

gal 4:29 in action

Upvote 0

jcright

Truth Seeker
May 27, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
✟917.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Terri said:
JC I am certainly not trying to be harsh with you and I hope it doesn't come out that way but what I believe in my own life I have had revealed to me by the Holy Spirit is that how I feel about anything is really totally irrelevent. Doing what God has said is what is important. If he says to dust off your sandles I shouldn't let how I feel keeping me from doing what he says.

Now in 2TI 4:2 He says to correct, rebuke and encourage which we should also do. We are really not allowed to do this with people outside of our own forum on this board as far as I can tell. So, we are only left with the ability to tell the gospel to those people that are deceived and leave it at that. But, alot of those people like to secretly come over and read what we write so I say tell the gospel here as often as you can and let God lead those into truth that He will.

I didn't think you were being harsh with me:) I fully undertsand what you are saying. I'm obviously not conveying my thunks properly. The point I'm trying to make is that I don't want to fail God. I will think that I'm doing so if I know that I'm not doing what i can do. Of course, if God takes it out of my hands, then that's another story. That's just me though. I wouldn't think that of anyone else. Certainly not of those that have left. I've read much of their writtings. They obvioulsy have a passion for God and getting the truth out. However, there is an unbalance here that restricts us from learning the truth. I'm hoping that with the new rules things will be straightened out. Maybe we actually discuss something without fear of being warned. Of course, that would open the flood gates for those that would disrupt...but I say bring it on! Eventually they will learn the truth or they will give up and bug someone else.

Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
lambslove said:
Me, too. I got warned AND told off because of a post I made in another denom's forum. I was responding to a statement of misinformation that someone made about my denom, correcting the misinformation about a salvation issue.

We have to do this all the time... Then a debate winds up happening because the people still insist on telling us what we believe. The thread gets locked because of the debate and then the people go off and claim that there's some Catholic conspiracy at CF (There are some people here who believe this).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Dark_Lite said:
We have to do this all the time... Then a debate winds up happening because the people still insist on telling us what we believe. The thread gets locked because of the debate and then the people go off and claim that there's some Catholic conspiracy at CF (There are some people here who believe this).

I wasn't stating what CATHOLICS believe, I was correcting misinformation about baptists. :) Someone had posted misinformation about baptists in OBOB, and I simply and directly corrected the misinformation in a nice way, then stopped posting, and the OP got mad and reported me, then he started a fight and others joined in and also reported me for posting in their thread and I ended up with a warning.

I was told by the mod who reported me that I had no right to come into an OBOB thread and state what baptists really believe, that if I felt something wrong had been posted, I should have contacted a catholic mod and given him/her the correct information and then the mod would make a post about it if he/she felt it was in the best interest of the thread. However, CF has no such rule. I had done nothing to violate CF rules, but I was given a warning for violating a non-existent rule. When I asked to appeal the warning, I got no reply. :(

Upvote 0

Fundamental4Ever

Jul 15, 2005
✟176.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hate to say it, But I can relate, I have been unfairly attacked by moderators in this forum for expressing my beliefs before, when I used another screen name. (and no, I am not telling what it was.) there is a very bad slant for the roman catholic church on this board, further more, this board wants me to accept other man made religions as truth, I don't wish to do so. as I don't accept doctrinal error as truth. However, I've learned to just keep my opinions to myself, which isn't fair, I think I should be able to say what I wish, however I wish to do so. and not be censored here. but, because of the slant on this board, this is not possible. sorry to see the user leave, but I do totally understand.

pat

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.