✟9,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Let me relate a dream I had to you.

I found myself involved in sin at one point in my life. My wife and I were at a Saturday night service and I felt the oppression of the enemy. I left the room so as not to be a hindrance to the Spirit of God moving among the worshipers. Before long one of the guys came out to find me and we talked and I confessed and we prayed. We went back in and everyone was involved in a season of prayer. It took a moment to realize that they were praying for ME. I was humbled and ashamed. When we went home I fell asleep.

I was taken to the cross.

I found myself kneeling in front of Jesus. He was laying on the ground with His arms stretched out ready to be nailed to the cross. I had a mallet in my right hand and a spike in the other. The spike was positioned on his palm and I realized that I was going to put that nail through His hand. I screamed as loudly as I could that I didn't want to do this. I cried and I begged God. My hand went up and brought the heavy hammer down with all of my strength. I remember hitting the nail twice. The next thing I remember is sobbing at the foot of the cross as he hung there above me. I knew that it was my sin that put Him there. No, not just knew it. I had actually done the work of nailing my God to the cross. I was broken and then a few drops of bright red blood landed on me. God spoke to me then. Not a physical voice, but in my spirit. He said, "Donny, I love you. Go and sin no more."

I woke up around 5:30 and called the guy that had prayed with me the night before. After relating to him the story of what had just happened he told me to check my e-mail. He had sent me a message with this picture attached.
forgiven.jpg

I know my God. I am moved to service by what I did, and what I've been forgiven of.

Reactions: Ubuntu

briquest

Jun 11, 2015
✟7,887.00
Faith
Christian
2 Thessalonians 1:8
King James Bible
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Acts 2:36:37:38 King James Version (KJV)
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Only The Saved Are In The Lord's Church

In order to be in the one church the Lord established, those added to it by the Lord must be saved according to His requirements. In Acts 2:47 we read,"And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved." The Lord only adds the saved to His church. There are no unsaved people in His church. The Lord makes no mistakes. We are not saved just because we think or say we are. We are saved only when we have done what God has said we must do. Jesus says in Matthew 7:21, "Not everyone who says to Me Lord, Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father which is in heaven." We must do God's will, not man's will, to go to heaven.

Romans 16:16King James Version (KJV)
16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

Upvote 0

Songsmith

May 3, 2015
✟9,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Have you obeyed the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Of course. Many many years ago. Spirit filled and a fire growing.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Songsmith. To be forgiven is a most loving sentence. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus gives us a chance to show our true appreciation. The first and great Commandment is: "Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40, Jesus points out: " on these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." What do we do now? We ask God for Love and Joy, then thank God, and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour: all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends.
We keep asking God and thanking God, then share all Love and Joy with our neighbour. God will see our loving efforts, and God will approve and bless us. ( Matthew 7: 7-10)
The Bible tells us to " Repent and be Born Again, " stop being selfish and unloving/uncaring, and start being Loving and Caring. Love is very catching, and a Christian`s weapon is Love and Compassion. Everything we say or do, must be from love and kindness and compassion. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us, and carry on loving and caring. The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY. God Loves and Forgives us, and we give our love to God our Heavenly Father and to our neighbour. I say this with love, Songsmith. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0