Omaha
✟10,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes God is silent in our lives, other times we are so busy we can't hear Him.

I try to focus on God and things work out like they should. I disagree with some of what God does but I know my perspective is much smaller than His vision of things to come. So I try to trust the Lord while doing His will in my life as best I can where I am at in life.

Hang in there and spend time with loving people. Go to churches and introduce yourself and rinse and repeat this until you find a church that feels like home and you can be a part of it. You can reach out to the new people struggling with the trials and tribulations of life. Together focusing on God our burden is lighter than when we are alone trying to keep our candle lit. You can do it. Never give up.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I right now feel apathy and not as much fear as before. I seem to be falling away. I don't know if I could do anything about this. It feels like I do not understand the Bible at all anymore, like why Jesus died on the cross and such. I really don't want to fall away because I know the consequences. I wish I could do something. I don't know if these are just feelings though

Yesterday is gone and believe that it is under the blood of Christ.
Tomorrow is not here.
You only have today and each "today" learn to start the day with God.

The Lord said "There sins and iniquities I will by no means remember anymore."
So put all of yesterday under the redeemeing blood of Christ.
Tomorrow is not here yet. Learn to take a day at a time.
And start each new day with you and the Lord Jesus each morning.

Even five minutes is a good start. But START the day with God.
You may confess any known sins first.
You may read a few chapters of the Bible afterewards.
I do not mean 15 chaoters. Try something like ONE New Testament chapter each morning.
Or something else might work for you like three chapters of an Old Testament book.

When you read, you may read as if you are praying the words.
When something touches your heart, you need not rush on.
Linger on that phrase and speak it back to God. Turn it into a kind of praying
proclamation. Move on and read more.

Punctuate your reading with often giving of thanks.
Sprinkle thorughout your readings little praises and thanksgivings.
You have much to be thankful for if you would consider how good God has been to you.
From there you graduate for even thanking Him for things you do no understand that have happened.
For they encourage you to draw CLOSER to the Lord Jesus, which is what God ALWAYS wants for you.

You are not eating. You are not taking in the living word for nourishment of your spirit.
As newborn babes, long for the guileless milk of the word in order that bu it you may grow unto salvation, if you have tasted that the Lord is good." (1 Peter 3:2,3)

IF you do not learn to EAT each day and DRINK each day the Spirit in the word of God you
will not grow, feel condemned, and struggle under your own feeble power.

Have a TIME with the Lord as yoru first order of activity for each day.
It need not be hours. Start small and you will want to extend the time.
Start with five minutes. If you can't do five, do three. But START EACH DAY with a time
in the word of God to take in the FOOD of the word as milk.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never been going to church regularly but that's because my faith is not genuine and that is because I had a fake conversion out of self pity.

Many of us have conversions that are not the best. Mine was from a dream about hell, God showed me that unless I went to church I would end up in hell. I was apathetic, afraid of witnessing, not wanting to commit. It is not that we are perfect, or righteous that God saves us. He offers us His gift of salvation in our sinful state, knowing that we can change.

1Jn 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.​

Our preservation in faith comes as we commit to seek Him in our lives. It really comes down to relationship, as we spend time daily committing our lives to God He strengthens our relationship, this helps us in areas of obedience.

Mat 26:41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."
Faith needs a focus, we can't spend every moment on ourselves, we need to dedicate a portion of our time to God. If you are feeling selfish, spend time with God praying for others, and praying for your own strength.

Your salvation is not fake, God is working in you, it is just not yet fully mature.

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.​

Find a way to spend time with Jesus, some people like me just like to pray, while others like Journaling, or writing what they learn about God. You could keep a diary of prayers, or thoughts.

Upvote 0