I am a newbee partial preterist. Discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
the parable of the wheat and the tares seems to suggest a future close of the age - as the tares were not removed from the kingdom in 66-70 AD. The kingdom could not in this case be heaven, as the tares would not be in heaven, so Jesus must have meant that the kingdom is the earth, from where the tares and all that causes offence is removed, before the wheat is gathered into the barn -
Matthew 24 is all about 70 AD. the kingdom arrived in various ways - one was Pentecost, another was the fulfillment of the law.
This is what makes sense to me:

-------->Note that Jesus, the messiah, fulfills a divine function in judging the world (13:41; see also 24:31). Perhaps the best biblical argument for Jesus’ divinity is not his use of titles like Son o Man, nor messiah (the term used of kings of Israel in OT times) nor even his repeated use of “I am” in John. It is, as N. T. Wright suggests, that Jesus does all the things that had previously been reserved in Judaism for God. (See Wright’s The Meaning of Jesus, chapter 10.)~http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~tim/study/WeedyQuestions.pdf

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can use any analogy you want, but let's say for example, that a peeping Tom is someone with a strong sexual interest in women, who acts on this interest by covertly filming them. Now say you have a strong sexual interest in women BAB, but do not engage in illicit filming. If I then called you a partial-peeping Tom, because you have one component of Tom's make-up, then you would get offended. This by analogy is what you are doing by calling someone a partial Preterist. It is an illicit designation. Bye.

Words have meaning.

Look up the word "preterit" in the dictionary.

If you can read Luke 19:41-44 and still believe that none of the Olivet Discourse is about 70 AD, then maybe you should close your account.

I hold no grudge against you...

Mat_18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I still believe there was a series of events that caused the Old Covenant to go from obsolete (which was present) to vanishing forever (future in the time of the writing of the biblical text).

Yes it called Calvary.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,826.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread will remain closed.
There is a difference between "discuss" and "flame"
which has not been adequately observed throughout.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.