Dec 16, 2004
✟16,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 1:1

FoeHammer.
That's nice. I'm sure though, if I actually take the time to look, I can find superstitions from around the world that are sworn to be just as true as yours that directly contradict Genesis 1:1.

Instead of doing that I'll just ask that you show me actual evidence rather than a Bible quote as they are not the same thing. Please also cite evidence of what it is that prevented evolution up to that point since the universe, and in particular the Earth, has existed far longer than 6,000 years.

Reactions: Oonna
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FoeHammer

Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
Warwickshire
✟8,780.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That's nice. I'm sure though, if I actually take the time to look, I can find superstitions from around the world that are sworn to be just as true as yours that directly contradict Genesis 1:1.
So what?
Instead of doing that I'll just ask that you show me actual evidence rather than a Bible quote as they are not the same thing.
Genesis is an eye witness account, since when do eye witness accounts not count as evidence?
Please also cite evidence of what it is that prevented evolution up to that point since the universe, and in particular the Earth, has existed far longer than 4,000 years.
:scratch: What has evolution got to do with the age of the earth or the universe?

FoeHammer.

Upvote 0

WilliamduBois

BenderBendingRodriguez
Mar 11, 2006
Desselgem, WVL, Belgium
Visit site
✟7,964.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
So what?Genesis is an eye witness account, since when do eye witness accounts not count as evidence?:scratch:

An eyewitness account? Who wrote it? God, Adam or Eve? If so, can you give me some evidence that they actually wrote it?

Upvote 0

Contracelsus

Dec 16, 2006
✟16,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It was the examples of bacteria/bacteria and fruit flies/fruit flies that finally convinced me.

FoeHammer

So why not take a second look at the vast amounts of data that say the earth is more than 6000 years old and that life has systematically changed over time as reflected in the fossils in the geologic column?

Data is data, after all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FoeHammer

Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
Warwickshire
✟8,780.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So why not take a second look at the vast amounts of data that say the earth is more than 6000 years old and that life has systematically changed over time as reflected in the fossils in the geologic column?

Data is data, after all.
What has the age of the earth got to do with evolution?

FoeHammer.

Upvote 0

Logic_Fault

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi Ubique
Dec 16, 2004
✟16,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
My point exactly. Your Genesis is as meaningless as the Navajo or Aztec creation story.

Genesis is an eye witness account, since when do eye witness accounts not count as evidence?
Genesis is an eyewitness account by who?

:scratch: What has evolution got to do with the age of the earth or the universe?
Nothing directly, but you're stating evolution began 6,000 years ago. 6,000 years is not nearly enough time to see any amount of evolution in most species other than insects and algae.

What was it then that prevented evolution from happening for the previous 3.5 billion years (give or take) that the Earth had life on it?

Upvote 0

OdwinOddball

Atheist Water Fowl
Jan 3, 2006
Birmingham, AL
✟22,544.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What has the age of the earth got to do with evolution?

FoeHammer.

Better question, what does you playing silly little games instead of actually trying to actually learn something have to do with anything?

Upvote 0

FoeHammer

Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
Warwickshire
✟8,780.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My point exactly. Your Genesis is as meaningless as the Navajo or Aztec creation story.
To you.
Genesis is an eyewitness account by who?
God and possibly Adam.
Nothing directly, but you're stating evolution began 6,000 years ago. 6,000 years is not nearly enough time to see any amount of evolution in most species other than insects and algae.
And ''not nearly enough time'' is a problem for my acceptance of evolution how?
What was it then that prevented evolution from happening for the previous 3.5 billion years (give or take) that the Earth had life on it?
The ToE says nothing about 3.5 billion years, it's irrelevant.

FoeHammer.

Upvote 0