• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I’m afraid I blew my chance! Please help me!

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟143,890.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You didn't show me where the bible backed up you claim.

I did show you where the bible backs up my claim. I can point you to the exact scripture I mentioned if you like.
I guess I have no scripture to back it up, except Mark 9:23.

All I know is that when I pray to the Father to fill me with His Holy Spirit, I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes when I pray in tongues, I feel His presence. Likewise when I pray to the Holy Spirit to comfort me, I feel the same presence, and He comforts me, often with tears that I could not cry myself. I know it is Him.

If you only want to pray to the Father, I guess that is fine and biblical.

Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟143,890.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK, I see.
Well obviously it is the Holy Spirit speaking through me always when I pray in tongues, but He doesn't always fill me up since I can pray in tongues at will. If that makes any sense, which it might not to you if you cannot pray in tongues. Then you can't even know what I am talking about.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When you answer "No" to both questions, it can help me structure my reply to you according to what you believe.

Because if you are a Jehovah's Witnesses, it would be a waste of time replying since we do not adhere to the same belief. It will become a merry-go-round. I would like to avoid that.

So, I assume a NO answer to both questions then? Thanks.

This isn't an unbalanced/unfair one way street, you don't get to ask and not answer. I answered some of your questions and the denomination thing, I explained thoroughly the answer.

I'm not going to ask again, it's clear you are afraid to answer so best let that speak for itself, as it always does with these same type conversations.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well obviously it is the Holy Spirit speaking through me always when I pray in tongues, but He doesn't always fill me up since I can pray in tongues at will. If that makes any sense, which it might not to you if you cannot pray in tongues. Then you can't even know what I am talking about.

Oh, trust me, I know what you are talking about. Comment on it? Na, I'll pas this time around. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Alright. It's a confirmed "NO" to both questions.

1) Do you believe that Jesus Christ is God, the Creator of the Universe? NO.
2) Do you believe in the trinity? NO.

Thank you for answering my questions. It was a pleasure conversing with you, although brief. Have a nice a day.

Bye.

;)

Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟143,890.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm one of those who has no interest in hashing this out for the umpteenth time. :)
Fair enough. This has been most unedifying.

EDIT: Actually more than unedifying. All that you've done in this thread Kenny is sow division, doubt and confusion, as well as display your arrogance and self-righteousness. Those are your fruits, and Jesus said we shall know them by their fruits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

covergirl

Oct 4, 2014
✟20,816.00
Faith
Non-Denom
43db0b174ccdd5b8f242581d3e272a3c--choose-me-i-chose-you.jpg

Upvote 0