Hypothetically, if you committed the unforgivable sin, how would you live the rest of your life?

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How would you live your life if you truly were doomed to hellfire because of this sin? I don't want to hear anyone say that if you are worried about it, you haven't committed it. Please just give me a straight answer to this question please.
In rebellion to God and probably not even realizing it.

The unforgivable sin is when we stop listening to the Holy Spirit, who pleads with us, Today if you hear His voice, do not harden your heart in rebellion Hebrews 3:15, Psalms 95:7-8. The sin that remains no more sacrifice Hebrews 10:26 is being okay with living in sin and no longer trying to overcome. Sin is the transgression of God’s law 1 John 3:4 Romans 7:7 Romans 3:20 through His Spirit we can obey God because of our love to Him and faith in what He asks is because its for our own good.. John 14:15-18 1 John 5:3 Romans 3:31

What defines a man is not how many times one falls, but if they get back back. A righteous man will always get back up Proverbs 24:16

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How would you live your life if you truly were doomed to hellfire because of this sin? I don't want to hear anyone say that if you are worried about it, you haven't committed it. Please just give me a straight answer to this question please.
The sin is unbelief. But I suspect you may not accept that answer either.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Besides how to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life salvation and creation. This (the unforgivable sin) is the most miss taught and miss understood topic in The Bible.

You or anyone else living can not commit the unforgivable sin. A person can never believe in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life, but that is all a person can do or not do.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The reason that an unforgivable sin is unforgivable is because it cuts us off from our means of being forgiven, not because we can't repent from it. For example, Jesus said that if we do not forgive others, then we will not be forgiven, so unforgiveness is an example of an unforgivable sin because it cuts us off from our means of being forgiven, not because we can't repent from it. God's ability to forgive is greater than our ability to sin, so God is always willing to forgive us if we repent, but we need to repent, which means that if someone thinks that they don't need to repent, then that also cuts them off from their means of being forgiven. I know you said you didn't want to hear it, but it is the truth that the people that Jesus was speaking about the unforgivable sin weren't concerned that they had committed it, while those who are concerned about whether they have committed it are being repentant. So if I had committed the unforgivable sin, then I would repent and l live the rest of my life in obedience to God's law.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First maybe define "unforgivable sin". Well the fact most really don't know what "it" is. Is it just rejected Jesus is it making fun of the holy Spirit on and on. Is it written "unforgivable" equals doomed hellfire? Whos view are we to speculate with here.

Read what Christ was talking about before this and after. Won't be forgiven now or in the age to come. These were the people He was talking to not one Christian was there " You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil?". So anyone that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit would not give one thought to doomed to hellfire since they do not believe.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

You can always confess your sins and renew your faith in living by the commandments as best you can.

It is probably best to review the Lord’s commandments to see how to approach your confession ( see Matthew 19:16-19, Romans 13:8-10 etc.)

The promises of confession & renewal are given in 1 John 1:5-10, Romans 11:22-23 etc.

Reading Psalms 51 is a helpful confession beyond it’s general understanding of David’s adultery with Bathsheba.

Go back, renew, & live your life as the Lord desires us to John 14:15-18.

Talk to a reliable pastor or priest if possible.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is the only straight answer.
What answer were you hoping for?

If you have OCD, the straighter answer is to get it treated both medically & spiritually so you can stop getting sidetracked by its unquenchable accusations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The only way to commit the unforgivable sin is refuse to repent and accept God's mercy. Those who are Christian and are repentant do not need to worry about committing the unforgivable sin.

Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
TTb
The only way to commit the unforgivable sin is refuse to repent and accept God's mercy. Those who are Christian and are repentant do not need to worry about committing the unforgivable sin.

Blessings
That's not true.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,393.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No idea I'm afraid.
It's not possible for me to imagine how I would live my life without God, when he's been with me through everything, and I know he has me in the palm of his hand and will never let me go.

Even in the few years that I was only a churchgoer and did not truly believe, I was never one for parties, pub crawls or promiscuity.
So I may not do anything very different from what I am doing now - except that I'd attribute answered prayers to fate, or whatever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,393.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the Bible, the unforgivable sin is believing that Jesus was using the power of Satan to perform miracles.
Yes - knowing that something is from God, but giving Satan the praise, or credit, for it.

By the way, this is the Christian Advice forum and no debate is allowed.
If the OP wants a debate on the unforgiveable sin, they need to contact a Mod to ask that this gets moved to another forum.

Upvote 0

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No,
Yes - knowing that something is from God, but giving Satan the praise, or credit, for it.

By the way, this is the Christian Advice forum and no debate is allowed.
If the OP wants a debate on the unforgivable sin, they need to contact a Mod to ask that this gets moved to another forum.
I am not giving any debate here but I am asking a hypothetical question that's related to advice. So let's that you hypothetically did exactly what I described as the unforgivable sin. How would you live the rest of your life like?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,393.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No,

I am not giving any debate here but I am asking a hypothetical question that's related to advice. So let's that you hypothetically did exactly what I described as the unforgivable sin. How would you live the rest of your life like?
Sorry, I hadn't realised that you'd answered your own thread.
But the warning was more for others; debate is not allowed in this forum.

As I said, I have no idea because I can't conceive of that happening. I would guess much the same as I do now; I'm still the same person - but I wouldn't pray, read Scripture or worship.

Upvote 0

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, I hadn't realised that you'd answered your own thread.
But the warning was more for others; debate is not allowed in this forum.

As I said, I have no idea because I can't conceive of that happening. I would guess much the same as I do now; I'm still the same person - but I wouldn't pray, read Scripture or worship.
May I ask you why you wouldn't pray or read the Bible or even seek the face of God? Why not give it a try?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,393.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May I ask you why you wouldn't pray or read the Bible or even seek the face of God? Why not give it a try?
If you are "truly condemned to hellfire" (OP) and if you know it - would there be any point?

Someone who knew that God was endlessly forgiving, was prompted to read the Bible, called out to God in prayer or sincerely wanted to change/seek God, would not have committed to unforgiveable sin.

Upvote 0