Hydoxychlorquinine does not appear to be an answer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump didn't "endorse" anything! He simply mentioned that something was seen as promising and that he was hopeful about it.

"I think people should [take hydroxychloroquine]," he told reporters at a White House press briefing on Saturday. "If it were me, in fact, I might do it anyway. I may take it ... I have to ask my doctors about that. But I may take it."

Nah. No endorsement there.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"I think people should [take hydroxychloroquine]," he told reporters at a White House press briefing on Saturday. "If it were me, in fact, I might do it anyway. I may take it ... I have to ask my doctors about that. But I may take it."

Ok, I didn't hear what he said on Saturday since the MSM is no longer airing the Press conferences anymore. But if he would choose to take it, then that should be his own choice. If others want to take it, same deal. Some have and have had great results. If they come out and tell people about those great results, I don't see it as wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

"What do you have to lose? I'll say it again. . . What do you have to lose? Take it. I really think they should take it." That was on April 4th, I believe.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"What do you have to lose? I'll say it again. . . What do you have to lose? Take it. I really think they should take it." That was on April 4th, I believe.

Thank God he did!!!

...1000's of lives have been saved by this treatment all over the world from HCQ+ for weeks now...

Wait..oh yeah...the left keeps saying there's no evidence...now why would they do that???

Do they want the sick to stay sick and die?

Do they want to keep the economy shut down?

Do they want to destroy world economies?

Do they want to destroy the POTUS?

Why keep lying about the enormous life saving impact this treatment has had around the globe?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Thank God he did!!!

...1000's of lives have been saved by this treatment all over the world from HCQ+ for weeks now...

Wait..oh yeah...the left keeps saying there's no evidence...now why would they do that???

Do they want the sick to stay sick and die?

Do they want to keep the economy shut down?

Do they want to destroy world economies?

Do they want to destroy the POTUS?

Why keep lying about the enormous life saving impact this treatment has had around the globe?
That is your claim, but you seem to be short on evidence. That people recover when on it sometimes is not evidence that it works any more than the fact that some people that are on it die proves that it kills people. To have any evidence you need trials that are statistically significant. Until then all you have are anecdotes and not evidence.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is your claim, but you seem to be short on evidence. That people recover when on it sometimes is not evidence that it works any more than the fact that some people that are on it die proves that it kills people. To have any evidence you need trials that are statistically significant. Until then all you have are anecdotes and not evidence.

Nope...not my claim at all...just stating the facts and you didn't answer one question...you have selective response syndrone and act accordingly...kinda like picking what you want to rattle chains about...without any meat at all to support your attempts to debunk the facts...sorry mate...been there...done that...you need a new song.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think they should take it, too. Not only does it have serious side effects that can lead to heart attacks, the people who will need it will soon be fresh out because the worlds supply is being gobbled up by gullible americans. The end result is summed up nicely by this video:

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think they should take it, too. Not only does it have serious side effects that can lead to heart attacks, the people who will need it will soon be fresh out because the worlds supply is being gobbled up by gullible americans.

Have you heard of Dr Daniel Wallace??? No???

You might want to look him up...he's been treating Lupus patients with it for over 42 years...look him up...he'll tell you all about the side effects.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Nope...not my claim at all...just stating the facts and you didn't answer one question...you have selective response syndrone and act accordingly...kinda like picking what you want to rattle chains about...without any meat at all to support your attempts to debunk the facts...sorry mate...been there...done that...you need a new song.
That does not appear to be the case. If one has facts one can support them. I have never seen you do so on this topic.

Please present the facts. Anecdotes are not facts. That some people on HQC get better is a fact but one can only claim that it works if one can demonstrate a statistical difference between those on the drug and those not on it. That means that without a statistical study all you have are anecdotes. Do you need me to support my claims with links? They are well known, but I can and will gladly do so if asked. That you do not support your claims when people ask politely makes it look as if the evidence that you claim for HCQ as a treatment does not exist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

You might want to look him up...he's been treating Lupus patients with it for over 42 years...look him up...he'll tell you all about the side effects.
Fine, it may work for Lupus. Covid-19 is not Lupus.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Fine, it may work for Lupus. Covid-19 is not Lupus.

Lupus, Malaria, Lyme disease, Rheumatoid arthritis, and the Chinese have been using it (without z-pack and zinc) to treat viruses for years...all this evidence posted many times over you keep lying about, and ignoring and quite frankly trolling me at this point.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Lupus, Malaria, Lyme disease, Rheumatoid arthritis, and the Chinese have been using it (without z-pack and zinc) to treat viruses for years...all this evidence posted many times over you keep lying about, and ignoring and quite frankly trolling me at this point.
That is only evidence for those diseases at best. And in at least one case it had a negative effect when used on other viruses. One cannot cherry pick in the sciences. You are grasping at straws since rheumatoid arthritis is not even viral. The claim is that it works on Covid-19 and there is no evidence of that yet.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is only evidence for those diseases at best. And in at least one case it had a negative effect when used on other viruses. One cannot cherry pick in the sciences. The claim is that it works on Covid-19 and there is no evidence of that yet.

Stop trolling me

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Side Effects of Plaquenil (Hydroxychloroquine), Warnings, Uses

Common side effects of Plaquenil include

Apparently the list of "what do you have to lose" includes "your hair".

Hydroxycloroquine is used sparingly, when it's indicated, and always under the watchfull eyes of a doctor who checks for any cross-medication issues and side effects. Lately, the saying "The cure shouldn't be worse than the disease" has been popular. Well... Malaria and Lupus are pretty bad. You seem to operate under the delusion that because a drug is deemed safe to be subscribed, that nothing bad can come from it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's approved for treatment of malaria, not coronaviruses.
But aren't we talking about two different issues here? OK it's been approved as being known by much study to have a positive effect with ones with malaria. But that doesn't mean it's any more dangerous for one with the corona virus. One could argue it may not be too effective with people with corona but I hardly think it could be said to be more dangerous. Personally I'm not claiming it's effective for if one took my word for it and died.....well that'd be on me. Every person needs to think through this themselves and explore what a variety of doctors are saying and do your best to make an intelligent choice. As for me from what I've read I'd probably want it prescribed.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Did you really correct him, though?

I believe so. I explained to him the medical standards for evidence, and why. I offered to support those claims with sources. I am not the only one that has made these corrections. I have yet to see him respond to those corrections with anything more than denial. Some of his posts harm any claims that he has for credibility almost fatally. He lists rheumatoid arthritis as a disease that is treated by HCQ. That may be. But it is not viral and would have nothing to do with this discussion. It may reduce inflammation but so can some steroids, and I do not see anyone prescribing them and they are much safer.

Meanwhile when people request valid sources from him they never appear to be coming. When it comes to trolling behavior it sounds more like him than me.

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I believe so. I explained to him the medical standards for evidence, and why. I offered to support those claims with sources. I am not the only one that has made these corrections. I have yet to see him respond to those corrections with anything more than denial. Some of his posts harm any claims that he has for credibility almost fatally. He lists rheumatoid arthritis as a disease that is treated by HCQ. That may be. But it is not viral and would have nothing to do with this discussion. It may reduce inflammation but so can some steroids, and I do not see anyone prescribing them and they are much safer.

Meanwhile when people request valid sources from him they never appear to be coming. When it comes to trolling behavior it sounds more like him than me.
I think your problem is that you are trying to communicate on a channel that isn't being received. Unless your goal is to appear smart to third parties, I'd suggest you think about changing the channel.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
But aren't we talking about two different issues here? OK it's been approved as being known by much study to have a positive effect with ones with malaria. But that doesn't mean it's any more dangerous for one with the corona virus. One could argue it may not be too effective with people with corona but I hardly think it could be said to be more dangerous. Personally I'm not claiming it's effective for if one took my word for it and died.....well that'd be on me. Every person needs to think through this themselves and explore what a variety of doctors are saying and do your best to make an intelligent choice. As for me from what I've read I'd probably want it prescribed.

There have been other negative effects from this hype. The very people that you mentioned are having trouble getting their medication:

Lupus and arthritis patients facing hydroxychloroquine shortage - CNN

We know it is effective for some diseases. We do not have valid evidence yet that it does work for Covid-19 And there are the serious side effects listed recently and people that are affected severely may have serious problems due to those side effects. There are too many unanswered questions to allow people to use something that may or may not work for them.

TLDR: There are shortages of the medicine for those that need it due to the hype. Side effects are a bigger worry for those that are severely ill. No statistical tests to determine if it works or not yet.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think your problem is that you are trying to communicate on a channel that isn't being received. Unless your goal is to appear smart to third parties, I'd suggest you think about changing the channel.

Perhaps. But that appears to be contrary to the purpose of forums. I am not trying to appear smart. There is no point in doing that. I will never be an expert on this topic. But it can be shown that people are suffering right now due to the hype that is being pushed for this very real medicine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.