Hydoxychlorquinine does not appear to be an answer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It may reduce inflammation but so can some steroids, and I do not see anyone prescribing them and they are much safer.

Steroids are safer? Where you getting that? An eye surgeon told me steroids aren't safe to be taking too long as I had to take some for a period of time. One can read about the potential side effects of taking them anywhere on line. I'd have to say the other drug under discussion would be a lot more safer as people do take it for multiple years. With HCQ they're encouraged to get their eyes checked once a year.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps. But that appears to be contrary to the purpose of forums.
Isn't the purpose of forums to faciliate the exchange of ideas?

If so, aren't you running contrary to that by communicating in a way that stops your ideas from reaching the person you are trying to exchange ideas with?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Steroids are safer? Where you getting that? An eye surgeon told me steroids aren't safe to be taking too long as I had to take some for a period of time. One can read about the potential side effects of taking them anywhere on line. I'd have to say the other drug under discussion would be a lot more safer as people do take it for multiple years. With HCQ they're encouraged to get their eyes checked once a year.
Neither are large does of HCQ. HCQ can affect the retinas if I remember the studies that I have read on it. All medicines have side effects and usages. People who are supporting it are using it almost as one would use an anti-inflammatory steroid. The problem with this is that they may be harming others by doing so. Did you see the article that I linked on shortages arising from this use?

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
241638_cc7e0ed832934349675258bef8ff1d1b_thumb.jpg