Husbands feel "entitled" to wife's body

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
this is one of many things that bother me in the church, this attitude of not just accepting these kind of behaviours but treating it as if the woman is sinful or wrong to not want it. I think way too often people get stuck on the letter of the law not the spirit of it, I hardly doubt god wants woman being abused, or hurt because it's gods will or any other excuse.

Upvote 0

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
As a man with certain mindset it's hard for me to understand but .....don't take no crap being a chrChrist isn't about being a door mat if you love him tell him if you don't tell him to keep his paws off or you will
Call the police or hit him with a bat......don't count on the church in my experience the only person who can get you out of a hole is your self ....take control sister either by hook or by crook but don't be a victim

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
someone gave us a copy, but he has not bothered to read it at all. All he does is quote "respect!" as a command and tells me I should go read it. I've read most of it so far, but it is very hard to "respect" him indeed. I do what I call "basic respect", where even if I am angry, I don't destroy his property, if he is tired I leave him alone to nap, I don't steal his creditcard, if he shuts the bathroom door to shower, I don't unlock it and bother him (he does this to me, I don't get a single hour to myself anymore between baby and husband---I am one of the tpyes of woman briefly mentioned that need respect just as much as a man does almost probably----especially since I've never had it growing up--and now as I am trying to grow, he reminds me he does like "tough" girls.
In fact, I find people stop talking to me after we got married.

Sadly this book is a great weapon for manipulative men to use on woman
If he's not reading the book and allowing it to reform his thinking, then it's his fault. It has good principles that I have seen work in my parents' marriage.
Why would an avusive, disrespectful, bully husband that the OP described be changed by reading a book? The OP already posted that he used the book to make excuses for his abuse!
A book he didn't bother to read. Dr. Eggerichs does not condone abuse at all.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
well, he's definitely abusive and manipulative. neither of you have the right to treat the other in a way that would make the other feel uncomfortable.

Is sexual benevolence being practiced in your household? is one denying the other?

Upvote 0

DeeR.

Counselor by trade Christian by life.
Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My husband gropes me a lot, especially no matter what I say about it. I revolt and I tell him "enough" groping behind (SE), but he does not stop. He says he has his "husband's privledge" to touch his wife---as if I am a thing he earned from his own "hard work" (He is always going on, on and oooon about how "hard" he works and that he wants be pampered and praised just for going to work everyday like a normal adult does).

It seems nobody encourages divorce and it is grey what is considered "abuse" as this is "normal" behaviour last few centuries ago---which is the mind he lives in. He thinks woman who do all the cooking, thus,he does ZERO cooking, PERIOD.

He does not grasp what mutual consent means-and does not seem interested in understanding it. I am afraid what messages he will teach the daughter as she grows up----he already says he wants to teach her how to get a good man by acting and dressing a certain "feminine" way as if God ISNT ENOUGH. SICK. I cannot allow this!

He uses money and the bills he pays as a weapon in return if I feel angry from his advances. Acts like my body is an exchange for his money, and that his money is HIS money. I am at home taking care of the baby, so it is certainly NOT "his"----he "wanted a family" but he acts like a selfish brat-----he doesn't even give me cash to buy groceries or a lunch and sometimes threatens to stop paying for food. Somehow my sense of dignity and my own body is equal to material things-----I honestly feel like leaving. The only time he quotes the bible is when it's related to woman submitting to men and about constantly forgiving---as a way for him to continue sinning. Apparently, everything else is too much for him---he does not "believe" in "real fellowship" nor does he seem to believe in putting God first---he puts money first----even though the family he doesn't trust does the exact thing, but he refuses to change himself to be a kinder person---he makes excuses for being a jerk. He feels the only reason to talk to his family is to get them to support us financially.

He sneak-gropes my chest almost every time he hands me the baby or I hand him the baby, and pretends he did not do it---and it was an "Accident". He outright lies to me as if I'm a stranger woman on the street----and I am scared to react because I might drop the baby, so he is basically abusing me and taking advantage of the baby.

Also, he has a very lustful mindset. he claims it is "normal" but it is more like, sin is normal, so he is just excusing his sinful nature. His jokes are so filthy, and he makes constant, daily dirty jokes which is him basically constantly telling me that he wants sex. Even if I am talking about the baby, he somehow translates into making a sex joke out of the words I used. I cannot say ANYTHING without it being made filthy.

A couple things to always keep in mind.... What comes for God in these scriptures will always be, in action word and scripture, filled with His Spirit (Gentleness Love respect Holiness etc) if they are being handled or expressed outside of His Way they are not from Him. Woman are equal to a man in every way in the eyes of God We will be revealed as neither male nor female the same as, to God there is neither poor nor rich, slave nor free, no race etc. ( these differences are only for an outward example to demonstrate before the world the relationship between God and the Church) You are no ones property, you are God's future bride (as a member of the church) you are not inferior to any man or person.
You should absolutely speak to your church leaders about this and let people know immediately so others know & can help & guide you in person (look up their number and give them a call today) do not be afraid or guilty or ashamed, you are not wrong at all & it should stop now. I am sure the church will find you a place to stay if you need it until it is resolved. The more you take action and do not compromise and allow the church to help the quicker it can stop.
This is sexual immorality and violence and it is abuse. The evil ways he is being a slave to will extend beyond you for sure, they are his master right now; get help in your community and establish a support system and history so others are aware and can make him accountable and keep you safe. It is the right thing to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DeeR.

Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My husband gropes me a lot, especially no matter what I say about it. I revolt and I tell him "enough" groping behind (SE), but he does not stop. He says he has his "husband's privledge" to touch his wife---as if I am a thing he earned from his own "hard work" (He is always going on, on and oooon about how "hard" he works and that he wants be pampered and praised just for going to work everyday like a normal adult does).

It seems nobody encourages divorce and it is grey what is considered "abuse" as this is "normal" behaviour last few centuries ago---which is the mind he lives in. He thinks woman who do all the cooking, thus,he does ZERO cooking, PERIOD.

He does not grasp what mutual consent means-and does not seem interested in understanding it. I am afraid what messages he will teach the daughter as she grows up----he already says he wants to teach her how to get a good man by acting and dressing a certain "feminine" way as if God ISNT ENOUGH. SICK. I cannot allow this!

He uses money and the bills he pays as a weapon in return if I feel angry from his advances. Acts like my body is an exchange for his money, and that his money is HIS money. I am at home taking care of the baby, so it is certainly NOT "his"----he "wanted a family" but he acts like a selfish brat-----he doesn't even give me cash to buy groceries or a lunch and sometimes threatens to stop paying for food. Somehow my sense of dignity and my own body is equal to material things-----I honestly feel like leaving. The only time he quotes the bible is when it's related to woman submitting to men and about constantly forgiving---as a way for him to continue sinning. Apparently, everything else is too much for him---he does not "believe" in "real fellowship" nor does he seem to believe in putting God first---he puts money first----even though the family he doesn't trust does the exact thing, but he refuses to change himself to be a kinder person---he makes excuses for being a jerk. He feels the only reason to talk to his family is to get them to support us financially.

He sneak-gropes my chest almost every time he hands me the baby or I hand him the baby, and pretends he did not do it---and it was an "Accident". He outright lies to me as if I'm a stranger woman on the street----and I am scared to react because I might drop the baby, so he is basically abusing me and taking advantage of the baby.

Also, he has a very lustful mindset. he claims it is "normal" but it is more like, sin is normal, so he is just excusing his sinful nature. His jokes are so filthy, and he makes constant, daily dirty jokes which is him basically constantly telling me that he wants sex. Even if I am talking about the baby, he somehow translates into making a sex joke out of the words I used. I cannot say ANYTHING without it being made filthy.
If you need someone to help you see it through you can give me the number to your church and I will call and support you. It will also need to come from you as well though. Whatever I can do to practically help I offer, beyond my prayers for you. Never accept violence, threat and fear passively, a support system who knows is essential. My heart goes out to you.

Upvote 0

Phil.Stein

Oct 28, 2018
Texas City
✟20,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
it sounds as i f you hae other marriage issues than groping. but, the waay i interpret the standard marriage vows, touching or "groping" is explicitly consented to upfront by both parties to the contract.

"I, Mister X, take you, Missus X, to be my lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, as long as we both shall live, 'til death do us part."

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Reminder: Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
full

Thread is now open for posting

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeeR.

Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
this is one of many things that bother me in the church, this attitude of not just accepting these kind of behaviours but treating it as if the woman is sinful or wrong to not want it. I think way too often people get stuck on the letter of the law not the spirit of it, I hardly doubt god wants woman being abused, or hurt because it's gods will or any other excuse.
It bothers me too and I know it bothers Our Father even more.
Trust me it is not the Church of Jesus saying these things, it is purely evil to not outright call abuse and manipulation what it is, especially when trying to use the scriptures to justify it. Abusers are generally the only one's who justify such things, and thank God, in this case, the government monitors the IP addresses to document people who make comments about abuse and other such things. When they get caught, it will fall into the right hands. Judges are responsible for who they let back on the street and sentences, believe me many of them pull the public records like this from government databases and will use that to help make their decisions... one would be foolish not to... so when these people that justify abuse get accused a good number of Judges will do the right thing making sure they get severe sentences.... I pray God have mercy on their souls.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Trust me it is not the Church of Jesus saying these things, it is purely evil to not outright call abuse and manipulation what it is, especially when trying to use the scriptures to justify it. Abusers are generally the only one's who justify such things, and thank God, in this case, the government monitors the IP addresses to document people who make comments about abuse and other such things. When they get caught, it will fall into the right hands. Judges are responsible for who they let back on the street and sentences, believe me many of them pull the public records like this from government databases and will use that to help make their decisions... one would be foolish not to... so when these people that justify abuse get accused a good number of Judges will do the right thing making sure they get severe sentences.... I pray God have mercy on their souls.
Dude, this thread just went through a cleanup and now you start threatening?

Upvote 0

DeeR.

Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just so everyone knows, Christians are here to defend those being abused, shamed or made to feel what they are doing by speaking up is not acceptable. Do not shame anyone or do anything more than encourage help or stay silent when an abused woman or child ask for help and advice from their abuser.
Just so everyone knows, Christians are here to defend those being abused, shamed or made to feel what they are doing by speaking up is not acceptable. Do not shame anyone or do anything more than encourage help or stay silent when an abused woman or child ask for help and advice from their abuser.
Abused women & children are very vulnerable and fragile and can easily be hurt offended or pushed into hiding. Let professionals and strong female leaders help them. Anything more is inappropriate, especially a bunch of men around a vulnerable woman afraid of a man.
I get groped a lot as well. It has been 16 years of it. I guess I should be thankful however, it is VERY ANNOYING! So one day we had a hands off conversation and he told me that this is how he shows his affection. Now I know that sounds kind of lame but I decided to start doing the same to him. So now I grope him first and he is starting to understand the annoyance. :(
Blessings
I more than understand your frustration and desire to show him what it feels like. Your feeling are very valid. Consider this, if you would, if we turn to ways that are violating abusive an not in the spirit of God we will become the victims eventually of their hold in us. If you would try counseling and church accountable female groups that are mature or even just 1 female that is led by God to help. Use your tools to surround yourself with people that can know about this and support you. No means no, and any violation of that is not up for debate or tolerance or passivity. Read get help gain a support system stand your ground without compromise and get immediate help if the abuse does not stop or escalates. You are equally loved and to be honored in God's sight. Honor yourself and God always. You are strong to speak up, good for you, follow through.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yea, he only sees the first part---I don't even know what the second part even means because nobody at church EVER talks about---EVER. Does this mean that we get a say in what his body cannot do to us, or towards other woman? or to getting tattooes, etc?
It is specifically talking about sex and not allowing your spouse to become sexually frustrated. Paul brought it around to both for 2 reasons:

1 - he was writing to a lot of people who were unfamiliar with the Hebrew Scriptures - they were pagan gentiles who had come to faith and had warped sexual ideas,

2 - The Hebrew OT (and Jewish culture) is rather specific on this topic: Sex is a wife's RIGHT and a husband's responsibility. (and NOT the other way around)

Paul sought to level the playing field on this topic.

If you think it would help - if he would read the book - First Fruits of Zion has published a book recently called "Adam loves Eve." They are very heavy on point #2. The husband is to never NEVER NEVER initiate anything sexual.

If your husband is serious about his walk with the Lord, he will give ear to what they say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Probably not....he's from a different culture---where woman do all the hard work outside and inside the home, and men get home to sit on their hind ends (SE) and demand food on the table.

Okay, right up front you haven't revealed enough information for anyone to provide worthwhile advice.

Also, you may not realize that you're in a "not Christian only" forum, so were you looking for opinions all over the spectrum, or are you looking for opinions based on the bible?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Okay, right up front you haven't revealed enough information for anyone to provide worthwhile advice.

Also, you may not realize that you're in a "not Christian only" forum, so were you looking for opinions all over the spectrum, or are you looking for opinions based on the bible?
This is the wrong forum one way or another. This is a debate forum but belongs in a support forum (please don't ask me which one).

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I more than understand your frustration and desire to show him what it feels like. Your feeling are very valid. Consider this, if you would, if we turn to ways that are violating abusive an not in the spirit of God we will become the victims eventually of their hold in us. If you would try counseling and church accountable female groups that are mature or even just 1 female that is led by God to help. Use your tools to surround yourself with people that can know about this and support you. No means no, and any violation of that is not up for debate or tolerance or passivity. Read get help gain a support system stand your ground without compromise and get immediate help if the abuse does not stop or escalates. You are equally loved and to be honored in God's sight. Honor yourself and God always. You are strong to speak up, good for you, follow through.
He has stopped now and if he wants to touch a body part, he asks me first. We made great strides!
Blessing

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
He has stopped now and if he wants to touch a body part, he asks me first. We made great strides!
Blessing
Good to hear. I hope the husband of OP will also stop. (She hasn't actually been on since friday)

Upvote 0