Hunger and Homelessness

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So we are expecting citizens to jump trains? Even though my brother-in-law did that to LA from Juarez but really that's not realistic.
Whatever it takes. And there are no trains from Europe to North America.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, punish the kids for the actions of their parents. Got it!
To quote Jordan Peterson, "That's not what I said."

Let's put it another way: Even sincere and diligent parents have different ways of parenting. Where does one draw the line on interfering with the parenting of others. Can I spank my kids? Can I let them suffer the consequences of poor decisions. Y'know, like let my child rot in jail overnight for something bad he did, rather than bail him out immediately.

I prefer to let others parent as they choose and only when their parenting literally breaks the law and lands them in prison should anyone get involved.

IMO, of course. Our children are given to us by God, not the government. The only kids that I have a say so about are the ones God gave me. I avoid playing the role of Karen with other parents.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To quote Jordan Peterson, "That's not what I said."

Let's put it another way: Even sincere and diligent parents have different ways of parenting. Where does one draw the line on interfering with the parenting of others. Can I spank my kids? Can I let them suffer the consequences of poor decisions. Y'know, like let my child rot in jail overnight for something bad he did, rather than bail him out immediately.

I prefer to let others parent as they choose and only when their parenting literally breaks the law and lands them in prison should anyone get involved.

IMO, of course. Our children are given to us by God, not the government. The only kids that I have a say so about are the ones God gave me. I avoid playing the role of Karen with other parents.
Uh huh, I got it the first time.

Do not interfere if parents do not have the money to feed their kids. If they want/choose to let their kids starve, then the kids deserve it for being born to those parents. No one should interfere by doing anything to feed the kids.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Uh huh, I got it the first time.

Do not interfere if parents do not have the money to feed their kids. If they want/choose to let their kids starve, then the kids deserve it for being born to those parents. No one should interfere by doing anything to feed the kids.
That is a red herring argument, as far as I'm concerned. At least it is in the US. Maybe in Sudan it's a different issue.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thought you were talking about moving in homeless in America.
I'm talking about people throughout history moving to "greener pastures". You know, the Pilgrims, the Irish during the Potato famine, etc. People risked their lives to move to where they may have better opportunity. But in all those examples, not only was it risky, but when you arrived, you were still responsible for your own success. There were not many handouts. Giving food, etc. to human beings is as harmful as feeding wild animals. they lose the ability to take care of themselves.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But in all those examples, not only was it risky, but when you arrived, you were still responsible for your own success.
Oh, like some of the migrants at the southern border, gotcha. The question still stands to you expect Americans homeless to jump trains to move to Kentucky?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Giving food, etc. to human beings is as harmful as feeding wild animals. they lose the ability to take care of themselves.
I bet if you laid out your financial situation for us, we could find at least half a dozen government subsidies you're benefiting from. Probably quite a lot more than that if we put in the effort.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Giving food, etc. to human beings is as harmful as feeding wild animals. they lose the ability to take care of themselves.
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] really. is that your experience with the homeless (not!) or just your fantasy? Reading this makes me feel ashamed you're my brother. Jesus didn't have preconditions on Love you neighbor but wow. I guess it's true the rich are out of touch.

• Agree
Reactions: Margaret3110
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm talking about people throughout history moving to "greener pastures". You know, the Pilgrims, the Irish during the Potato famine, etc. People risked their lives to move to where they may have better opportunity. But in all those examples, not only was it risky, but when you arrived, you were still responsible for your own success. There were not many handouts. Giving food, etc. to human beings is as harmful as feeding wild animals. they lose the ability to take care of themselves.
You’re arguing to keep things “the way they were” back before we knew better.
Those immigrants in your example, fought to get government assistance for people who came after themselves; the faster immigrants can acclimate to their new society the better for all concerned, isn’t that exactly the “function of government“?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I bet if you laid out your financial situation for us, we could find at least half a dozen government subsidies you're benefiting from. Probably quite a lot more than that if we put in the effort.
What’s the over-under?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Don't knock feral Humans. I used to know an old guy, from Georgia I think, He had this Island in the Caribbean, OH! The hunting there was marvelous, some would say to die for.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't knock feral Humans. I used to know an old guy, from Georgia I think, He had this Island in the Caribbean, OH! The hunting there was marvelous, some would say to die for.
Caribbean, Ohio isn’t that large.

• Haha
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,667.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It's only your opinion that matter? SNAP has a work requirement or is that not good enough for the right.
I thought we already discussed some of that. If there is a work requirement something that helps the folks get ahead and work toward being successful that I'm for that. So if that's what we are talking about when it comes to good things then I'm all about it.

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,667.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Most of the nations of western Europe and Scandinavia have generous benefits and robust social safety nets while being successful. Is that sufficient for you?
They are not charities. The majority of those countries have some serious requirements involving their benefits.

And many of them are very nationalistic and not culturally diverse.
I'm not having difficulty separating anything. You're making silly distinctions between "government assistance" and "charity" that allow you to rattle off a bunch of meaningless rhetoric.
See still having difficulty.
Without food, people couldn't go to work.
See it all goes together doesn't it. Work, roads, shelter work, food roads etc etc.

None of that is charity. It's all built so people can work, get their goods to markets, so people can buy them, build houses, feed their families, have roofs over their heads etc etc.

It's not charity. You are still having difficulty with understanding the difference.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,667.00
Faith
Pentecostal
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] really. is that your experience with the homeless (not!) or just your fantasy? Reading this makes me feel ashamed you're my brother. Jesus didn't have preconditions on Love you neighbor but wow. I guess it's true the rich are out of touch.
It's already been proven to you that the homeless are largely responsible for their homelessness. Now that doesn't mean no help should be there. The help that is needed would actually cost a lot of money. But I'm willing to pay it.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] really.
I know I didn't curse. I hate this thing. I can't help it that I write the way I think.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics