humble? are we, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you humble? really?

1 chr 4.17
...if my people will HUMBLE themselves...

i looked up the word, and it isnt talking about PRIDE, or THINKING YOUR ALL THAT. it is not talking about a MINDSET at all.
HUMBLE in that context means
KANA=bend the knee, bring down into subjection, under, humble, subdue.
its talking about submission.

to humble oneself in this context is to be in TOTAL SUBJECTION to God.
it is more than simply esteeming yourself lowely.
and this is what i myself believe is the BIGGEST THING that keeps people from Gods very best.
it keeps us from the anointing, it cancels our authority, it opens us to defeat from the devil, it cancels prosperity in our lives, it allows satan to tear at us.
all evil from the devil in your life, can be caused by disobedience to god.
isaiah 3.19,20
the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land
but those who refuse and rebel shall be devoured by the sword for the lord hath spoken it.

clearly, obedience and rebellion, life or death.
on both large and small scales.

this is what god has been dealing with me about for weeks now. to become like a flag in the wind.
to where his every whim and desire moves me somewhere else. where im completely given to where ever the wind of his desire wants me to go, what ever form it causes me to take.

like dust, i have no life or agenda of my own, but the wind takes me where ever it wants.
to do whatever god wants, giving my entire to his smallest thought, desire or whim.

this is the place of being crucified with christ.
where you no longer live, but he alone lives in your place.
this happens everytime you surrender your will to gods will.
he removes you or what is yours and replaces it with himself or what is his.
my god, to have my flesh and weakness and replaced by god and the almightiness of god!

FFX

PS2 Chick with Passion
Dec 11, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟15,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
I tell you what. God has been using various things and ways to humble me. In my work, on the road driving, my finance situation everything. In the end, I believe God just wants me to really rely on Him and trust Him. I won't be able to do that if I'm proud and have everything.

:sorry:

Upvote 0

Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
I asked a lady pastor what it's like being a pastor? She told me that it's very difficult and that you shouldn't do it unless you really have a calling from God. She also said, there is no'self' when you are a pastor. I think what she meant is, you have to put others first. You have to be a servant just as Jesus was the servant King.

Interestingly, I have often told God that He can't use me because I am not good enough and that I will mess up. But that is the very reason for Him to use me, because then I can say...but for the grace of God, I am not able. It is God, not I...because I am a fool!

But why do I still sometimes tell God that He can't use me because I am not good enough..when I know that for that very reason, He can use me ..He can give me His strength!

Pride.

Humility is saying you are nothing so that Christ can fill you up and be everything in your life.

It is hard to say that you are nothing and want God to be everything. Some days it's easy...but I think the Devil tempts us with pride..and makes us want our 'selves' to be at the centre of our lives.

But I believe and know that with much prayer and reading of God's Word, we can stay humble and tell the Devil 'Get behind me in Jesus' name!'

God bless,
Iffy

Upvote 0

BigEd

an adopted child of God
Feb 15, 2002
connecticut
✟9,726.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I found an interesting quote from brennan manning book 'Ruthless Trust'
"Humble men and women do not have a low opinion of themselves;they have no opinion of themselves, because they so rarely think of themselves. The heart of humility lies in undivided attention to God, a fascination with his beauty revealed in creation, a contemplative prescence to each person who speaks to us, and the "de-selfing" of our plans,projects,ambitions and soul."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.