Huh? Noone really does write in here do they?

Mr_Hursh

Feb 26, 2006
✟15,312.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've been trying to write a skit, but it's never gotten out of my mind on and on to a piece of paper. But that could most likely be attributed to the fact that I have practically no ideas for it. I'm just kinda waiting for that spark of inspiration.

Upvote 0

thenewageriseth

Stranger in my town, commoner in my realm
Apr 28, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟27,180.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Oh my Gosh! I didn't know this forum was THAT empty! :what: :eek:

Hmm I wrote plays for assigments whenever I was in Mr. Reynolds' class. I think I'll stick to writing novels, because, when it comes to conflict...for some reason it's easier to write it in a novel, not a play. I think I realized this since I only got a certificate one year for my play "Christian Children". :sigh: :p Oh well

Upvote 0

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There was like four scripts posted on here...one of them was by me!! I wonder what happened to them all? Of course, I haven't been to the CF in many months, so it even looks different. o_O

How would someone copyright their script before putting it up here? Isn't the fact that it's under one's own screen name copyright enough? I would love to know before I put anything back on here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I've trained myself to be paranoid when it comes to my work as well now. But I had posted one of my longer scripts here, and it's still on my subscription list, but not in here. Do the admins. take stuff down if it gets to old or doesn't get responded to in a certain amount of time?

Back to my original question though...How do I copyright something to put n here? Do I just write the little copyright dealy-o at the end of it all, or is there something I could put on each post, or what?

I actually wouldn't mind putting up some of my skits that I've written here and there. I'm not worried about those getting taken as much as my longer plays and screenplays.

Upvote 0

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Paranoid ? You guys are paranoid about your
"material " being ripped off ? Hello ? Reality check 1, 2, 3 ? We´re on CF people, not Variety magazine. I pray every single night my material gets ripped off by Spielberg or Gibson or by whomever, y´know why ? Cuz that would prove I´m on to something.
"I got the goods " so to speak. So guys, a little less conversation a little more typin´, kay ? buh- bye.

Upvote 0
Z

ZionKnight

I suppose I would fall somwhere in the middle. I agree with crusader, but, I would rather that the story mantain it's integrety and remain true to the cause: to glorify God and declare the good news of Jesus the Christ. If some one else stole the script or creative material, they would have free reign to change things for more than just editing purposes. However, we are the children of God!!!! We have a much better help than copywright laws. My advice would be to keep a close relationship with Jesus, then remember what He said to us: be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. ;)

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Very interesting argument on both sides. I shall check around and see what I have to put up. I suppose it's one of those things where you need to test the integrity. If at some point it time I see something that I saw on here first from someone that isn't who I saw on here, then I'll know. *shrug*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Z

ZionKnight

Hey all, I checked out the copyright laws about all this.
And I found something promising but, I am waiting on somone with a degree in law to back me up. It turns out that, theoreticaly, any completed work is copyrighted already, provided that you can give proof of authorship. The copyright office is there so that you can have an official place of registry. That translates into less fees out of your pocket if somone infringes on your copyright. And, I don't know how to post links even if I could, but, if you google U.S. copyright office, it will give you any info on how to get one for your work. For a literary work such as a screenplay, it is only 33 dollars.
Also, after reading through the boring stuff, I think that posting on CF actualy helps you prove your authenticity. Your login name can fall under the 'pen name' rules, and every post is dated, that's pretty much all the office needs to get things going, once they can trace it back to you. But, like I said, I am waiting on a lawer to verify my theory.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm...I was wondering if posting something on here would work as copywriting because of the dates posted. Thanks for clearing that up, ZionKnight! I've been wondering that for awhile, but no one had a clear enough answer for me.

Rock on! *Goes searching through papers to find something to post*

Upvote 0
Z

ZionKnight

Glad to hear (read) it, FR, I would advise to only post about 10% of your work, any more and it is considered published. That way, you can get some feedback on it and still be able to sell the script for full rights.

Also, I still don't know how to post links, but, if you go to ChristianWiters.com, you will find a lady there called DrRita, she is very knowlegable in this buisness and very helpfull. She will answer any question you could have from content, to formating, to legal work, and even to selling it. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0