• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie8771

Sep 24, 2006
✟7,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

A hug is a wonderful gift to share,
A way to show each other that we care;
There is so much a hug is able to do,
When you feel those arms holding you.

A hug is a place to feel safe and warm,
A comfort for a sad heart that is torn;
An expression of the love in our heart,
For ones who we wish, never to be apart.

A hug is a greeting when we meet to say hello,
Or to say goodbye when we have to go;
It can hold us up when life gets us down,
And makes us smile, instead of frown.

A hug can be given for no reason at all,
And given to those, both big and small;
We're never too old to feel the joy it brings,
As it is one of life's most pleasing things.

And for all of this beauty, a hug is free!
It costs nothing, yet means so much to me;
We should all hug another to show we care,
For to feel a warm hug, nothing can compare.

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Kate :hug::hug:
And thanks Katie, for sharing that poem! It was absolutely lovely. And so true! I think the world would be a better place if people gave warm hugs to those who were hurting - or to everyone, really. :) With some limitations, of course, for purity's sake. :p

/me hugs everyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right is whatever glorifies and honors God. :hug: I know you've heard it a million bajillion katrillion times, but your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, and a gift from God, and He wants us to use that gift to the best of our ability, and not focus on destroying it. That's something I've still got to tell myself time and again. But eventually I'll be able to reconcile myself to the fact that my body is not my own. I've given it to God when I accepted Jesus as my Saviour.

:hug: If you want to talk more about this, sis, you know where I am, okay? :hug:

Upvote 0

Celtic Camel

Nov 28, 2004
wandering a journey in eternity
Visit site
✟16,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I could do with a hug in real life today...
seems like nearly everyone only wants something from me at the moment... and those that don't are too busy to catch up...
:sigh:
I'll be ok... just gotta keep going, and trust God will provide what I need as long as I rely on His strength...:prayer:

:hug: :hug: :hug: for anyone else who needs them!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.