St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟67,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Shalom,

I am new to this forum and I have a translation question of Romans 5:14 and the verses which follow.

I was wondering if there was a good translation (HRV?) showing how Adam was a "type" of the Moshiach (coming one)? It is my belief that the Apostle explains how Adam and Moshiach were similiar in the verses following Rom 5:14, but ALL translations that I have viewed to date do not translate verse 15 properly, and I was wondering if the HRV does?

If anyone has Romans 5:15 from the HRV I would certainly appreciate seeing it posted.

Blessings in The Name,
ImAHebrew

Higher Truth

Nov 9, 2002
✟1,257.00
Faith
Messianic
quote:

I was wondering if there was a good translation (HRV?) showing how Adam was a "type" of the Moshiach (coming one)? It is my belief that the Apostle explains how Adam and Moshiach were similiar in the verses following Rom 5:14, but ALL translations that I have viewed to date do not translate verse 15 properly, and I was wondering if the HRV does?

HT:

There is a very similiar translation to the hrv. It is an interlinear done by the Way International. I am not sure if this verse would be the same, but as I said, the translations are very similiar.The hrv is in the $55 to $75 dollar range, but you can get the Way Translation used on the internet for about $25 to $30 dollars. {edit: we are done discussing James Trimm's credibility: http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=1196048&postcount=43 }

Blessings :)

Upvote 0

ImAHebrew

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟67,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Shalom to those who responded,

Higher Truth, thank you for the information.

SonWorshipper, thank you for the welcome. And yes, I would like to get into how I view what Paul is trying to convey here. But before I try to give it a go, I would like to see Rom 5:15 from the HRV. Rom 5:15 is mistranslated in ALL versions I have seen thus far, and I would really like to see how the HRV deals with it.

James Trimm, thank you for Rom 5:14. It does change "type" to "likeness" at the end of the verse, and I see no problem with that. But the next verse is the one in question, v15. Most translations try to convey how Adam and Moshiach were different (how they were NOT alike), they do not try to show how there is a "likeness" between them. And this is what Paul had just claimed in v.14. So my contention is that v.15 starts to explain how there was a "likeness/type" between them. I was hoping the HRV would convey it as I understand what Paul is saying. I just might have to make a donation if the HRV stands by itself.

Blessings in The Name,
ImAHebrew

Upvote 0

ImAHebrew

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟67,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Shalom,

James Trimm, I see that you are rather busy so I will post how I feel what Paul was saying in Rom 5:15, and then you can see if your version agrees:

Rom 5:15 "But NOT with respect to the offence, RATHER, the free gift."
SonWorshipper, in sharing more, I would like to briefly state how I feel Paul was thinking as he wrote about the similarity between Adam and Yahshua.

The comparison between Adam and Yahshua can only be made by looking at the fact that they each "gave" something to mankind. Adam gave death and condemnation, Yahshua gave righteousness and life. Most would not think along the lines that death and condemnation was a "free gift," but it was. Adam sinned ONE time, and mankind was given death and condemnation. With Yahshua's gift, mankind committed the "offence" many times, and the result was the free gift of righteousness and life:

Rom 5:...16 "....but the free gift is of many offences unto justification."
Both Adam and Yahshua gave something to mankind, and that is how they compare/type. When Paul wrote v.15, his thought was continuing from v.14, and the "type" between them is not with or according to the offense, but the free gift. To me, this is pretty simple to follow, is it to you?

Blessings in The Name,
ImAHebrew

Reactions: Waters
Upvote 0

ImAHebrew

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟67,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Shalom Sojeru,

Thank you for the welcome. I have been rather busy as of late. My daughter's wedding is soon approaching and I have a house that is closing, but I have found interest in some of the things going on here. As to posting at Lo-Ammi, that will not be done until the trial of my brother is over. I do appreciate your friendship with my other brother and ask that you continue to do so. Hopefully, there will be a blessing coming forth out of all the strife.

What are your thoughts as to the NT being originally penned in Hebrew or Aramaic?

Blessings in The Name,
ImAHebrew

Upvote 0

sojeru

just a Jew
Mar 22, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟1,145.00
Faith
Judaism
Will do friend.

Thoughts of aramaic and Hebrew "new testament"

I believe it is true.
here is a site partial to what I believe about it.
www.aramaicnt.org

it supplies a good background to the aramaic portions of the Writtings of the Nazarenes.

But there is Alot supplying for both the Aramaic and Hebrew to the saying of Messiah.
Especially since so many of his quotes of are talmudic (aramaic) and many of the writtings of the "NT" are in different dialects of Hebrew and Aramaic.

Upvote 0