Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Floods, Hurricanes, Grid goes down, are you prepared with water?

You can survive without food for 3 weeks they say but without water, only 3 days.

I got to wondering about this and found this little inexpensive gadget that can help get you started with something just about everyone has.

It's a
AquaPodKit - Emergency Water Storage - Bathtub Bladder--store up to 65 gallons

Check out the videos on it, simple and just about anyone can do it and use it!

AND this one gets you up to 100 gallons of stored fresh clean water.

Reactions: MWood

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have also considered purchasing some simple swimming pools. Each one holds up to 4000 gallons of water. Relatively inexpensive going for about 200 bucks. Purchase a cover and cycle all your cold water through this.
I have seen the tub savers and considered buying a few and just setting them up inside wooden boxes lined with rubber pond seals. Does not have to be a tub... which you may want to use.
At the moment we are woefully behind on our water storage because we will be moving in the next few months and plan to begin our water storage efforts at the new location. Taking a chance I know.

• Informative
Reactions: Pappy&Me
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes they don't have to be in a bath tub, even the Rubber maid tough type of tubs will work, or a trash can. The important thing is that it is clean and can be drank whereas I wouldn't want to drink water straight from the bathtub, use to flush the toilet, yes, but nothing else.
I wouldn't wait though, these tub pods might just help in a pinch.

Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good topic. If you have ever been without water for more than a couple days this conversation will strike home. Back in 89 we were caught up in Hurricane Hugo. Water and lights were out for several days....
Store water!!!
Right now we have a few dozen 2 liter bottles with tap water. Not much... but it would get us through a few days.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Good topic. If you have ever been without water for more than a couple days this conversation will strike home. Back in 89 we were caught up in Hurricane Hugo. Water and lights were out for several days....
Store water!!!
Right now we have a few dozen 2 liter bottles with tap water. Not much... but it would get us through a few days.

Yes we don't seem to appreciate all the modern 'conveniences' we are blessed with. I've been through no power for days, hence no light, heat, water, refrigeration in the winter months more than once and it's not pleasant. I almost died one time for lack of heat, not kidding, I was bundled up under many blankets and felt myself getting drowsy (during the day) and started to drift off.........................

I believe it was the Lord who 'awakened' me and told me not to fall asleep but to get up and move. It was a very strange type of drowsiness, I later found out I was in the last stages of Hypothermia. For me this is very dangerous because I have a below average body temp.

You might want to pick up a couple of rain barrels for now and they can be drained and moved with you, not very heavy at all. It would at least give you water you can boil and bath, toilet flushing etc. If you have water treatment supplies you can even use it to drink.

I've heard that stabilized oxygen is the best for long term storage and you don't have to change it over too much.

Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To be sure, water will be a major concern in the post apocalyptic world the Donald threatens to dump on us. 2 litres (3.5 pints) per person, per day. 1 litre for drinking, 1 litre for cooking, washing, and other hygiene needs. That, over 3 months, for a nuclear family of four, is a lot of water, and a lot of weight. My strategy, being single, located in a small inner city flat, is to store 12 weeks supply of clean water (168 litres, 37 gallons) in 25 litre black plastic jerrycans, and be prepared to move at the end of that supply, dependent on water filters and filtered water.

Best wishes, Strivax.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
To be sure, water will be a major concern in the post apocalyptic world the Donald threatens to dump on us.

You just had to turn this political, didn't you? There is a sub-forum for that already.

Anyway, from an inner city, if you don't get out early, it may be impossible to get out later. Big cities are the most effective prisons because access in or out is already limited in the best of times.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You just had to turn this political, didn't you?

:smilingimp:

But, really, I see the Donald as a clear and present danger. Your election result has prompted me to review all my preps, defcon status, etc, with an increased level of priority.

Anyway, from an inner city, if you don't get out early, it may be impossible to get out later. Big cities are the most effective prisons because access in or out is already limited in the best of times.

I agree. It's a problem. If at all possible, my strategy in TEOTWAWKI is to bug in for 3 months (haven't the space to store more) and hope that at the end of that time, most threats will be subdued, because mostly unprepped people won't last that long. Meanwhile I have already decided on and recced two footpath (not road) routes out of the area.

Best wishes, Strivax.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I remember before the Y2K scare, my mom would fill up huge milk jugs of water and store them. I was young, but understand why she did that now. In our place, it is pretty small though to have a lot of storage. Water would definitely be one thing to store for emergency supplies, but for a family of three, to store for at least 12 weeks, that would be quite a bit of space...

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This reminds me of Joseph, and how before the great famine of Egypt, they built this huge grainery for all the people to contribute to. I have never thought of prepping, but wonder about asking my church what they would think about something like this.

Upvote 0

Pappy&Me

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2017
Jax.Fl.
✟30,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes they don't have to be in a bath tub, even the Rubber maid tough type of tubs will work, or a trash can. The important thing is that it is clean and can be drank whereas I wouldn't want to drink water straight from the bathtub, use to flush the toilet, yes, but nothing else.
I wouldn't wait though, these tub pods might just help in a pinch.

In the 1950s we used steel garbage cans to haul water when the well pump went out. I can remember many times laying on concrete in pump house holding flash light while mama set the points with a match book cover that seemed perfect fit to unstick or reset points.
And drawing water up from 300 ft deep well and carrying it uphill to house was no fun especially in winter.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I can imagine. I've seen quite a few videos on how to make your own hand pump that will pump uphill on youtube.

I've found it best to have a variety of sources for all things needed, water included. 55gl water tanks, bottled water, rain barrels, 5gl spigot jugs, etc.

I'm also looking into a water distiller as you can use any kind of water you find including salt water to get fresh water from as long as you have a heat source and I've got a good variety of those as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
This reminds me of Joseph, and how before the great famine of Egypt, they built this huge grainery for all the people to contribute to. I have never thought of prepping, but wonder about asking my church what they would think about something like this.
That would be a great idea and church buildings usually have plenty of area to store things. A food pantry with staple supplies would also be a good thing (rice, beans, salt, sugar, flour etc) and those who could get to the church if something happens will not only have supplies to keep going but also 'family' which is the best you can have in a situation like many that may happen.

Safety in numbers. :)

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Churches in large part are failing their people by not encouraging them to prep.
What are they going to do when they have a starving congregation on their hands who have no other recourse than stealing and even killing to feed their family? Do not say it will not happen. It is already happening and has been happening for thousands of years.

• Agree
Reactions: Lulav
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think too many think they're covered by being 'taken out' while not understanding that bad things can happen before and if that does. And if it does what of those not worthy, Left Behind? And many of them could be the 'shepherds' too. Best to have a back up plan, if it's in Gods will he will provide for it. We can't expect Him to fly us off to a perfect island stocked for Armageddon like in a book I read, however there are others who don't believe who are doing that very same thing.

I've also been hearing things not about having water but having water that's safe to drink, as in all our water supplies will be tainted in some way, possibly by 'friendly enemies'. So your filters may not work on some contaminants/drugs, poisons. So best to get some safe water stored NOW.

Upvote 0