How's "Drill, Baby, Drill" Working for Ya?

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
BP welcomes military help for larger Gulf oil leak - Yahoo! News

A couple disclaimers up front: I'm not advocating that we stop all offshore drilling. And yes, I understand we probably will have to develop more offshore resources. But this incident should throw some cold water on the notion that offshore drilling is totally safe and we can have as many rigs as we want with no damage to the environment. We're already looking at an incident potentially a third the size of the Exxon Valdez spill...and that's assuming the estimates aren't revised up again.

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oil spills are not Mother Nature.

there are natural oil leaks, in the ocean even, that are not unlike a volcano oozing lava or a spring releasing water. Keep in mind that oil itself is a natural occurance.

Upvote 0

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
there are natural oil leaks, in the ocean even, that are not unlike a volcano oozing lava or a spring releasing water.
Of a magnitude that has occurred here?
Keep in mind that oil itself is a natural occurance.
So are cyanides. I wouldn't recommend that you take them in large quantities :p

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
there are natural oil leaks, in the ocean even, that are not unlike a volcano oozing lava or a spring releasing water. Keep in mind that oil itself is a natural occurance.
What you say may be correct. However, that is not the case in this instance. The damage caused in regards to this discussion is very much man-made.

In other words, this oil spill was not Mother Nature.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Eco-terrorism is still terrorism, and we should hold the entire organization of Greenpeace accountable for this espionage.

Is there evidence that Greenpeace was responsible for the explosion that led to the spill? If so then yes I'd absolutely say that they pay for the cleanup till they are bankrupt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheNewWorldMan

Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Yes, and this one just happened to occur next to an oil well.

If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Eco-terrorism is still terrorism, and we should hold the entire organization of Greenpeace accountable for this espionage.

We should also hold the Catholic Church accountable. As well as Sony Corporation. And the nation of Madagascar. And the cat lady who lives four doors down from me. Oh, and don't forget the SCA. After all, there's as much evidence linking them to this mishap as there is linking Greenpeace...which is to say, none whatsover.

Seriously, do you think before you post?

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
BP welcomes military help for larger Gulf oil leak - Yahoo! News

A couple disclaimers up front: I'm not advocating that we stop all offshore drilling. And yes, I understand we probably will have to develop more offshore resources. But this incident should throw some cold water on the notion that offshore drilling is totally safe and we can have as many rigs as we want with no damage to the environment. We're already looking at an incident potentially a third the size of the Exxon Valdez spill...and that's assuming the estimates aren't revised up again.
What is real suspicious is after all these yrs at this point something happens:confused: But doesn't change the fact the new gold is black and we can't change dependency over night!

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The destruction of the health care system in 2014.

I don't want to derail this thread, but giving more people insurance so that they can use the same system that's already in place is hardly "the destruction of the system". The problem is that its THE SAME SYSTEM.

Upvote 0