How Young were the Disciples of Christ? Answer in the Book of Exodus...

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Uncovering the Age of Jesus' Disciples - What Exodus Reveals! Many people think of Jesus' disciples as old men with a stick and a grey beard. You want to take a few minutes and see from the Book of Exodus how old were these twelve disciples. This is still this way in the modern Hebrew Culture.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Uncovering the Age of Jesus' Disciples - What Exodus Reveals! Many people think of Jesus' disciples as old men with a stick and a grey beard. You want to take a few minutes and see from the Book of Exodus how old were these twelve disciples. This is still this way in the modern Hebrew Culture.

I do not see any conclusive reason to agree.

Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not see any conclusive reason to agree.
Disciples or Talmidim in the Hebrew still are about 16 years of age.... You can visit an Orthodox Jewish synagogue and talk with the rabbi about it. But did you watch the video? That's where I put the reasons...

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I myself agree they were young during our Lord’s ministry, for the most part, with a few obvious exceptions like St. Matthew, who had been a tax collector, and conversely St. John being the youngest, perhaps as young as 13 or 14 when he first joined our Lord, given that according to tradition he wrote the Apocalypse around 90 AD and was the only Apostle to die of old age, and his direct disciples included St. Ignatius and St. Polycarp. This also explains why our Lord assigned the Theotokos as a mother to John, and the physical affection between them, with our Lord being a Father-figure (which is not to say Zebedee was a bad father; we know almost nothing about him, but one can have multiple father figures in childhood in addition to ones actual father).

Upvote 0