Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, so recently I've been getting advice on how to act around other people, because I'm low-key introverted. People have been telling me to just be myself. Pretty good advice right? The only problem is, I have no idea what my personality actually is. So I need you good people of Christian Forums to ask me questions then make an objective assessment of my personality. Ask me literally anything, be it something stupid like, "do you put nacho cheese doritos in your pb&j sandwhich?" or something really deep like "What's your biggest regret?" By the way, the answer to that first question is yes. It's actually really good, you should try it some time. Anyways, feel free to ask as many questions as you want! Thanks!

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What kind of advice have you been getting? In order to help you in figuring out your personality, please be honest-don't answer what you think should be the right answer, but what you, yourself, believe or would do/react:
Disclaimer: These are more like self-reflective questions just to help you be more aware of how you respond/react/feel.

1. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
  2. In what ways are you the same as your childhood self?
  3. If you had your own TV network, what would it be about?
  4. What song typifies the last 24 hours of your life? The last month?
  5. How do you handle conflict overall from your most recent experience?
Edit: personally though, I think personalities change from experience and as our journey and relationship with God progresses throughout our life. Like for me, I used to be super shy and super awkward in social situations but with God's grace and help, He's helped me become alot more comfortable around others and has helped me overcome my shyness. Still an introvert at heart but more comfortable I'd say with social interactions.
Also, there's a site that asks you different questions to 'find out your personlity' that you may find interesting.
Free personality test | 16Personalities

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DTate98

Official CF User
Jan 3, 2016
Carrollton, TX
✟19,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What kind of advice have you been getting? In order to help you in figuring out your personality, please be honest-don't answer what you think should be the right answer, but what you, yourself, believe or would do/react:
Disclaimer: These are more like self-reflective questions just to help you be more aware of how you respond/react/feel.

1. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
  2. In what ways are you the same as your childhood self?
  3. If you had your own TV network, what would it be about?
  4. What song typifies the last 24 hours of your life? The last month?
  5. How do you handle conflict overall from your most recent experience?
1. I think crying is a way of relieving stress. What's weird is I never know if I'm stressed. It looks exactly the same as when I'm calm or sad or contempt, etc.
2. As a kid, I was always observant and thought-oriented. I'm still that way now.
3. It would be about Computer hardware and peripherals, such as keyboards, mice, monitors, etc. I'm a tech geek.
4. There's not one song that I can think of that can accurately describe my life, now or ever. My life is too normal and too specific to be found in a song.
5. I have quite a few problems. Work is hard, I'm falling behind in school, I want a relationship but can never find one. The most common way that I deal with problems is to think it through. I sometimes overthink my problems and they become worse than they need to be. I don't ever freak out, like the rest of my family. I always manage to stay calm, because I know there's not many things in this world that can ruin your life beyond repair. I don't worry about school, because I've always managed to cross the finish line one way or another. I don't worry about being late, because I'll always arrive when God intends me to. I'm not impatient, I just deal with the fact that what I want hasn't been given to me yet. There's more that I could say, but this answer is long enough and I don't want to waste your time.

• Informative
Reactions: Take Heart
Upvote 0

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just from your written answers alone, you seem logical and as you've mentioned-observant & thought-oriented, calm & collected despite current problems and you seem to have a positive outlook overall with your goals even though overthinking can be a problem at times. My observations are not inclusive to your many facets of your personality though. You also seem to care about what others think. I just tried out the link to the personality test I included in my edited reply, and it seems quite accurate for me and would likely shed far more insight to your personality than my observances :)

Upvote 0

DTate98

Official CF User
Jan 3, 2016
Carrollton, TX
✟19,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Just from your written answers alone, you seem logical and as you've mentioned-observant & thought-oriented, calm & collected despite current problems and you seem to have a positive outlook overall with your goals even though overthinking can be a problem at times. My observations are not inclusive to your many facets of your personality though. You also seem to care about what others think. I just tried out the link to the personality test I included in my edited reply, and it seems quite accurate for me and would likely shed far more insight to your personality than my observances :)
I've done the personality test. Three separate times. 16Personalities right? I've been given 3 different results each time. The most recent one was Mediator. It was true for some parts, but there was a lot that just wasn't completely accurate. Your analysis seems to be pretty accurate. Perhaps if you knew more you could give me a more in-depth description? If you'd prefer not to, that's okay. What you've said is just fine and I can work with that. But if you don't mind, you can go ahead and ask more questions and I'd be happy to answer. Thanks, either way!

Reactions: Take Heart
Upvote 0

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've done the personality test. Three separate times. 16Personalities right? I've been given 3 different results each time. The most recent one was Mediator. It was true for some parts, but there was a lot that just wasn't completely accurate. Your analysis seems to be pretty accurate. Perhaps if you knew more you could give me a more in-depth description? If you'd prefer not to, that's okay. What you've said is just fine and I can work with that. But if you don't mind, you can go ahead and ask more questions and I'd be happy to answer. Thanks, either way!

Hm, that's interesting although not surprising- I guess it would depend on what one was feeling at the time. For instance, I could feel really social than I usually am and take the test and the result would lean more on an extrovert type. Apparently I am a Defender which some parts were accurate/insightful but most were a tad off base or how I would react years ago. I think regardless of what our personalities are like, everyone has their own unique traits to bring to the table.
Would you say you're able to empathize easily with another person's problems?
Like for me, when two people are complaining to me about eachother, I can 'see both sides' of their story and empathize with each person's reasoning instead of taking just one side. Although, I won't ignore/discount any negative parts about how each has handled the situation. Also, would you say you're the shy type or just more reserved?

Upvote 0

DTate98

Official CF User
Jan 3, 2016
Carrollton, TX
✟19,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hm, that's interesting although not surprising- I guess it would depend on what one was feeling at the time. For instance, I could feel really social than I usually am and take the test and the result would lean more on an extrovert type. Apparently I am a Defender which some parts were accurate/insightful but most were a tad off base or how I would react years ago. I think regardless of what our personalities are like, everyone has their own unique traits to bring to the table.
Would you say you're able to empathize easily with another person's problems?
Like for me, when two people are complaining to me about eachother, I can 'see both sides' of their story and empathize with each person's reasoning instead of taking just one side. Although, I won't ignore/discount any negative parts about how each has handled the situation. Also, would you say you're the shy type or just more reserved?
I don't see anyone as a bad person, or a good person. Everyone has a reason that seems right to them that they would do something that seems wrong to another person. People may appear to be selfish, evil, deceitful, arrogant, vulgar, kind, respectful, loving, caring, selfless, or exhibit any other trait at any given time and there's always a reason behind it. There's always something going on that people don't know about. An arrogant person may brag about his or her achievements, but they may take pride in their success because they come from a family that has been consistently unfortunate, and they mean to show happiness, but it comes off as arrogance. A caring person may seem as though they'd do anything for anyone without thought for him or herself, but they do it because that's the only way they can make themself happy, and they suffer from depression because they feel like they're not doing enough. I don't hate anyone because I don't know them enough, nor am I in the right standing required to be able to judge someone based on their actions. I've done horrible things and so has everyone else. So no one except God has the right to judge.

A big argument that's been going on has been the whole Liberal vs Conservative debate. I used to call myself conservative, because that's what my parents identify themselves as. Then I began to call myself neither Liberal nor Conservative because both have their faults. Both tend to demonize the other side without realizing there's so much in common between the two sides. Both care a lot about the direction America takes. They just have different ways of getting to where this country needs to be. Liberals could use more logic in their thinking as opposed to solely listening to their hearts, and Conservatives could stop being politically incorrect just for the sake of going against Liberal ideas. I hate getting into politics. I don't know it well enough and the more you watch the news, the more it feels like the same thing being said over and over again. So I'll get off that subject.

I would say I'm simply more reserved. I tend to join social events with my church youth group, but I don't say much. It's mostly because I don't have much to say. Seems a little ironic, now thinking about it, because I'm always thinking about everything, and I literally just wrote two huge paragraphs. I like to sit off to the side and watch what everyone else does, though I do join in half the time. I'm not that expressive. My piano skills seem to reflect that. I can play some, and I can even play well, but other than two basic songs and snippets of a hundred others, I can't do much. I enjoy music and focus on the feeling it gives me, though I can't put it into words. I'm better able to express my thoughts through writing because I'm given more time to think about how I should say what I mean to say. Sometimes I think that in order for someone to truly understand me, they have to talk to me through some written method, like texting, e-mail, letters, etc. That's how I got into a close, but not romantic, relationship with a girl I met here on Christian Forums. We started by talking about one common interest, then we began to learn more things about each other. Our likes and dislikes, our troubles, our triumphs, and we both know we'd be there for the other if either one of us had a bad day.

That's three paragraphs so I'll stop there for now. Go ahead and ask more questions if necessary, but if not then thank you so much for taking the time to listen.

Upvote 0