How would you deal with this?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Do you suppose due to population demands they are limited in number to only possess our politicians and Lawyers?
Regardless of what they are (angels, spirits, demons) which ought not be stated when it is not in BIBLE,
those affected most are
those who are weak, and others that cannot be mentioned (they are too popular)....
There is no limit, practically speaking,
so no, the population demands, as you put it,
have only made things much much worse,
not better,
as more and more wickedness is in view, in power, and in every high place in society, probably,
(from all so far that is known and seen and heard and from all that is written in Scripture about TODAY).

Upvote 0

TrueBornAgain

Apr 20, 2017
Northern Tablelands
✟11,985.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If he does that again, take a two piece of metal or whatever, form a cross in front of him.

Yes I actually thought of that shortly after he left that day, I don't think he was aware what he was doing but was revealing.

I should say his work is good and he means well. As far as tradesmen go they are few and far between around here and the next one is likely to be just as unclean if not worse.

Yes God tests us all, and his kingdom is at hand for all Mankind. Ears may be deaf but there's never been a more important time to preach the Gospel

So I've prayed and will see what happens.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Waggles
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes I actually thought of that shortly after he left that day, I don't think he was aware what he was doing but was revealing.

I should say his work is good and he means well. As far as tradesmen go they are few and far between around here and the next one is likely to be just as unclean if not worse.

Yes God tests us all, and his kingdom is at hand for all Mankind. Ears may be deaf but there's never been a more important time to preach the Gospel

So I've prayed and will see what happens.
There are a lot of tradesmen whose work is very good , lots of credentials too, but
they not only do not mean well,
they cannot.
Perhaps God will open a door to his heart though,
but be in prayer always (as always anyway, right!?),
and perhaps as
Paul said "some plant, others watered,
and it is God Who gives the growth"

• Haha
Reactions: TrueBornAgain
Upvote 0

TrueBornAgain

Apr 20, 2017
Northern Tablelands
✟11,985.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe we should just keep relationships with tradesmen appropriately professional and not badger them about religion uninvited while they're trying to make a living?

Perhaps but I wasn't badgering this fellow at all, I like to think two grown Men can be honest about life at work or not, I had a friendly connection with him already which is my nature, and it seemed appropriate.

I should say I had another one here who is an alco but fairly good worker, this was before I was saved too BTW, he said outright early on "dont care what you say about anything just don't give me any blooming religion" (He spells Blooming with different letters too, and its every second word in his vocab)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 2 corinthians 6:14-17

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing you dont mention is about yourself. I am a 17 stone (240 pound) man and in England so may find someone like this less intimidating. But we are called to share the gospel with the lost. In his case I would try to keep it calm when talking to this man, using a calm voice and supportive language. Try to empathise with him but gently let him know that he made you feel a bit uncomfortable. You could even turn it around and say something about its good that he was able to open up to you and share about the peace you have from God that surpasses all understanding. With my past I am able to say to people like this that I remember what its like from before I was saved, but I now have a peace and joy from God.

If you do what some people have suggested and push him away it will push him further away from God, or you can sow seed that may draw him towards God. Would Jesus turn him away because he has been hurt in the past? (This is a genuine question, Jesus called the Pharisee's vipers after all). When reading this I had a felling that maybe there is a reason why he opened up to you like that. Maybe God showed you this man may be following the devil so you can lead him to Jesus. You need to use your own discernment in this situation.

On a practical note I would say if you are unsure about him, let him finish the job but arrange for someone to visit you when he is due. Maybe a friend or family member, or even someone from church as they could pray while you are talking to him as well. Try not to make it obvious you have arranged it though. I would also request prayer covering before the meeting and pray into it myself.

Just to add another bit, the more I think about this the more I think he is a man who has been hurt in the past and needs healing and someone to be his neighbour. Dont put yourself at risk, but dont push him away. Invite him to your church, give him the option to meet you there as that means he wont be turning up not knowing anyone and shows caring on your part, not pushing him onto others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Last week I had a tradesman in my house, a nice local family fellow. He's been here before and told me he suffers some mild hyper disorder, and we seem to get along well enough. We've even bumped into each other down the street and had a 5 minute chat etc, without any religious/spiritual discussion.

So last week I felt to ask him if he believed in God, he said "yes but not the Jesus God". I said nothing then a few minutes later I said "I have no problem with the Jesus God, and mentioned how I notice Jesus gets blamed for the wickedness of man" which he agreed somewhat. I then mentioned how Jesus was the only man to live free from Sin.

Anyhow that conversation faded and later when he was talking to me he used the devil hand sign repeatedly even pointing at me with it as he rambled on about situations in his life because he knew I would listen, and I did until he got angry about the situation he was telling me about and was projecting it at me. I reproved him on the anger but didn't say anything about the devil hand sign which I don't at all welcome in my home or my property.

I felt he may have taken it personally so let it go, I didn't want to be too critical and noticed he's a bit of a potential loose cannon. I wonder how others would deal with this sort of thing in a Christian way without ignoring it or upsetting ?
God will prepare your friend to receive your witness my friend ("No man can come to Me unless the Father draws Him to ME...") and the Lord as well. In the meantime, do what you've been doing my friend. Stay friendly without getting controversial. Walk away when you're uncomfortable and maybe speak to him on special occasions. You may be the only friend this guy's got:). I've noticed Prof. C.S Lewis quoted in your sub-text. If memory serves me right, he used to be-friend an atheist. Peace in Christ.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God will prepare your friend to receive your witness my friend ("No man can come to Me unless the Father draws Him to ME...")

If, as you no doubt sincerely believe, God loves this tradesman, you can be sure he has already been working in the background in his life. So remain constantly in prayer, listen to the hidden messages in his (the tradesman's) conversation, and the Spirit's prompting. You may be the one who sows, or the one who waters (1 Corinthians 3:6-8) but ultimately it will be God who does the inner work. Be patient and do not be discouraged - there are things going on that you don't see and don't need to. Just trust God and follow the Spirit's lead, motivated by the love of Christ. God bless - you and him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
If, as you no doubt sincerely believe, God loves this tradesman, you can be sure he has already been working in the background in his life. So remain constantly in prayer, listen to the hidden messages in his (the tradesman's) conversation, and the Spirit's prompting. You may be the one who sows, or the one who waters (1 Corinthians 3:6-8) but ultimately it will be God who does the inner work. Be patient and do not be discouraged - there are things going on that you don't see and don't need to. Just trust God and follow the Spirit's lead, motivated by the love of Christ. God bless - you and him!
Oh, this situation doesn't concern me but the reply was for our friend who started the thread. But thanks any way and we seem to be on the same page:).

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Regardless of what they are (angels, spirits, demons) which ought not be stated when it is not in BIBLE,
those affected most are
those who are weak, and others that cannot be mentioned (they are too popular)....
There is no limit, practically speaking,
so no, the population demands, as you put it,
have only made things much much worse,
not better,
as more and more wickedness is in view, in power, and in every high place in society, probably,
(from all so far that is known and seen and heard and from all that is written in Scripture about TODAY).

It's all in the Bible,but I was replying to somthing you stated that was somewhat a rhetorical device.

:)qoute However, the particular scribes and pharisees who Jesus called sons of the devil,
neither Jesus nor the Apostles nor the disciples trusted,
nor feared they any of them. nor set them free.unquote)

But to avoid going off topic,I will simply say my statement is parallel with yours due to the high offices of both examples.

Let's not grind any axes in this thread .

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last week I had a tradesman in my house, a nice local family fellow. He's been here before and told me he suffers some mild hyper disorder, and we seem to get along well enough. We've even bumped into each other down the street and had a 5 minute chat etc, without any religious/spiritual discussion.

So last week I felt to ask him if he believed in God, he said "yes but not the Jesus God". I said nothing then a few minutes later I said "I have no problem with the Jesus God, and mentioned how I notice Jesus gets blamed for the wickedness of man" which he agreed somewhat. I then mentioned how Jesus was the only man to live free from Sin.

Anyhow that conversation faded and later when he was talking to me he used the devil hand sign repeatedly even pointing at me with it as he rambled on about situations in his life because he knew I would listen, and I did until he got angry about the situation he was telling me about and was projecting it at me. I reproved him on the anger but didn't say anything about the devil hand sign which I don't at all welcome in my home or my property.

I felt he may have taken it personally so let it go, I didn't want to be too critical and noticed he's a bit of a potential loose cannon. I wonder how others would deal with this sort of thing in a Christian way without ignoring it or upsetting ?
I would fire him and not hire him again. Very unprofessional to do such a thing in your home.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I actually thought of that shortly after he left that day,

In emergency situation we can use our finger against their satanic hand signs.
(this is to show those satanist that we believe in Jesus as they are showing their finger as follower of devils)

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

• Haha
Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2017
Winifred
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe when he comes, you could just leave the past encounter alone. Let him finish his job and you continue to be a Christian witness as you did before. If he starts being disrespectful, rude, or making satanic gestures again, gently reprove him and if he does not stop, ask him to leave and break future contact with him. Look for a Christian tradesman next time you need work done.

Will be praying for you for wisdom

Evangelist Paul
www.theclearword.org

Upvote 0