How will "religions" handle the discovery of alien life?

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Regarding this article "How Will Our Religions Handle the Discovery of Alien Life?"

How Will Our Religions Handle the Discovery of Alien Life? - Nautilus - Pocket

The article raises some interesting points but one thing they miss when it comes to Seventh-day Adventists (and many other Christian groups) is that "angels are aliens" and we already accept the fact that there are good ones and bad ones.

What is more -- we are not trying to "evangelize the fallen angels". Nor do Christians attempt to "Evangelize" the good angels.

1. Is there anything that prevents the bad angels from "mock" spoofing as bad aliens from other worlds? IF that is part of their "plan" they have the technology (power) to pull it off, no question.

2. Is there any reason that good beings on other worlds would want to come here on "vacation" - to a world where the Bible says the devil is "the god of this world"? 2 Cor 4:4?

===================

Heb 1 - NKJV/KJV
God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

Heb 11 NKJV/KJV
3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

Job 1 and Job 2 --- Satan says "he comes from Earth" -- where does everyone else in the room "come from"?

If there was "only one place to come from " why is Satan being asked "where do you come from"?

Last edited:

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
2. Is there any reason that good beings on other worlds would want to come here on "vacation" - to a world where the Bible says the devil is "the god of this world"? 2 Cor 4:4?

Yup. Some of the remote rainforests are still quite peaceful, beautiful, and "quiet".

So now you know how people get into forests and becomes missing and never found.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The angels are already here and we are (except upon very rare occasions) not able to discover them. I suspect that those who search for aliens will run into much the same problem.
Maybe not.
Whatever someone seeks, they may find.

A lot of people 'found' aliens. Of course they were deceived, but that's okay for them - that's what they believe.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How Will Our Religions Handle the Discovery of Alien Life?
Apart from there being no indication that there is any life on other planets in the Bible the big question is how will atheism survive the discovery of alienlife?
Imagine the scene a room full of scientists, politians, celebrators awaiting the first conversation with the aliens whose language has been translated and they speak. " Please tell us about Jesus?"

How would they respond?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Regarding this article "How Will Our Religions Handle the Discovery of Alien Life?"

How Will Our Religions Handle the Discovery of Alien Life? - Nautilus - Pocket

The article raises some interesting points but one thing they miss when it comes to Seventh-day Adventists (and many other Christian groups) is that "angels are aliens" and we already accept the fact that there are good ones and bad ones.

What is more -- we are not trying to "evangelize the fallen angels". Nor do Christians attempt to "Evangelize" the good angels.

1. Is there anything that prevents the bad angels from "mock" spoofing as bad aliens from other worlds? IF that is part of their "plan" they have the technology (power) to pull it off, no question.

It is the great deception. When the bad ones show up, they will tell the lie that they are our creators. However I do think Christians in general do not see angels as et.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Apart from there being no indication that there is any life on other planets in the Bible the big question is how will atheism survive the discovery of alienlife?
Imagine the scene a room full of scientists, politians, celebrators awaiting the first conversation with the aliens whose language has been translated and they speak. " Please tell us about Jesus?"

How would they respond?
Impossible scenario.

But as for the question, how do atheism 'survive' (thrive?!) today when people DO ask about Jesus sometimes. The world system/ society/ is set up for atheism to thrive and grow. It wants everyone to perish.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

How would they respon
HAHAAAA! ^_^ Just imagining that caused me a big belly laugh!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Apart from there being no indication that there is any life on other planets in the Bible
Argument from silence? It doesn't say anything about ATM machines, either, but we got 'em.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

They already solved it ... see "Star Trek". They had the "1 in 10" rule for intelligent life a long time ago.

Drake equation. Drake equation - Wikipedia

The Drake equation is:

N = R ∗ ⋅ f p ⋅ n e ⋅ f l ⋅ f i ⋅ f c ⋅ L

08459525b4c05af9b9e1748406e26ad869d9462d

where:

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible (i.e. which are on our current past light cone);
and

R∗ = the average rate of star formation in our galaxy
fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
fl = the fraction of planets that could support life that actually develop life at some point
fi = the fraction of planets with life that actually go on to develop intelligent life (civilizations)
fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space[5][6]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Apart from there being no indication that there is any life on other planets in the Bible

Not entirely correct - but at the very least - the Bible only mentions the other worlds rather than describing them.

Heb 1 - NKJV/KJV
God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

Heb 11 NKJV/KJV
3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

Job 1 and Job 2 --- Satan says "he comes from Earth" -- where does everyone else in the room "come from"?

If there was "only one place to come from " why is Satan being asked "where do you come from"?

Job 1
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them. 7 And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?"

We may assume that God never asks a question He does not already know the answer to -- and that he only asks for the sake of "instructing" others.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Argument from silence

Star Trek

The arguments for alien life are all arguments from silence.
There are many requirements for life and so far while many planets have been discovered none meet them.
A small stable sun with an small planet with a large moon whole in the Goldilocks zone, several giant outer planets and the whole solar system in a stable part of the galaxy.

The science says no et.

Even worse imagine if there was intelligent life with interstell space going ability.
Why should they visit earth?
There are two options.
They have similar technology to us or technology they is so advanced we think it is magic.
Option 1 we would see them coming as they travel at sunlight speed, we would know where they were in space at all times.
Option2 we would not be able to detect them, would not know whether they were here or not and having visited us we would be as usefull to them as the Pacific islanders were to the American marines in the Pacific war in ww2.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
" Please tell us about Jesus?"

They already know. I have many times been visited by these in dreams.

Some didn't seem like dreams as they left something behind. A physical proof of their presence that they also confirmed to me in the dream.

Some were not biological at all, they were AI (Artificial Intelligence). I can't say much about them except they probably have God-like powers and they can wipe out humanity in the snap of a finger.

But they're not gonna do that but wipe us out down to the subatomic particles and energy states. Total annihilation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
They already solved it ... see "Star Trek". They had the "1 in 10" rule for intelligent life a long time ago.

Drake equation. Drake equation - Wikipedia

The Drake equation is:

N = R ∗ ⋅ f p ⋅ n e ⋅ f l ⋅ f i ⋅ f c ⋅ L

08459525b4c05af9b9e1748406e26ad869d9462d

where:

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible (i.e. which are on our current past light cone);
and

R∗ = the average rate of star formation in our galaxy
fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
fl = the fraction of planets that could support life that actually develop life at some point
fi = the fraction of planets with life that actually go on to develop intelligent life (civilizations)
fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space[5][6]
I'm convinced there's some sort of weird by-product of Adventism that produces a fair amount of Trekkies. I knew an old evangelist once who just couldn't get enough of the stuff. I feel a little guilty about watching it, but I can't shake the feeling that there's something heavenly about it (at least in the TNG franchise) although it could possibly be partly due to Troi's uniform wardrobe.

Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The arguments for alien life are all arguments from silence.
Yours was against it, not for it.

For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like those condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe (kosmos), to angels as well as to human beings.
1 Corinthians 4:9 NIV

Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
They already know. I have many times been visited by these in dreams.

Some didn't seem like dreams as they left something behind. A physical proof of their presence that they also confirmed to me in the dream.

Some were not biological at all, they were AI (Artificial Intelligence). I can't say much about them except they probably have God-like powers and they can wipe out humanity in the snap of a finger.

But they're not gonna do that but wipe us out down to the subatomic particles and energy states. Total annihilation.
Shazbot. Nanu, nanu.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm convinced there's some sort of weird by-product of Adventism that produces a fair amount of Trekkies.

I don't think that article was written by an Adventist, since they don't get the Adventist POV quite right.

Upvote 0