How were people before the time of Jesus saved?

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hebrews is written to professed NT. believers who were in danger of apostasy, desiring to go back under the OT.
you said this; in post 147
Hebrews was written under a different covenant.

I think you are misunderstanding ewq. He was responding to your scriptures about OT sacrifices, not that the whole book of Hebrews was OT.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hebrews is written to professed NT. believers who were in danger of apostasy, desiring to go back under the OT.
you said this; in post 147
Hebrews was written under a different covenant.

Yes it was not written under the old covenant but the new covenant. Nothing here is incorrect.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I agree with you. But there are many who look at "imputed righteousness" as 'we remain unrighteous, and righteousness is just imputed to us' like the coat of the prodigal son over filthiness. It sounds very religious to say Jesus does it all, and He does, but is actually very sacrilegious to believe Jesus just leaves us powerless, that the all-powerful Spirit He gives us doesn't do anything to change us from the inside out.

1 John 3:
7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Yes John 15:1-10 is probably my favorite passage to quote on matters like this.

Upvote 0