England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Bible means,'the books',not just any books,but the books of God. 'Sixty six books in God:s Holy Word',all uniting to make 'the best Book to read is the Bible. If you read it every day,it will help you on your way,O the best book to read is the Bible'. I used to sing that 65 years ago at Sunday School and it is still the same today!

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Heb 4:12

In a class by itself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'How we love the Word of God'. The Word of God is not the word of man,but the Word of God! ...... 'And we thank God continuously because when you received the Word of God,which you heard from us (Paul wrote) you accepted it,not as a human word,but as it actually is,the Word of God,which is indeed,at work in you that believe' (1Thessalonians 2:13)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Bible is the inspired Word of God,from Genesis to Revelation. It inspires all who read it and meditate upon it and study it and the Holy Spirit uses it to teach and build us up in our most holy faith.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If the disciple sets his sights on the classical unity of the Spirit with a generic understanding of all who embrace the name of Jesus, sooner or later you will find some of these ‘Christians’ are presently and willingly engaged in the Apostle’s definition for lack of care of God’s word wherein certain things they,

let them slip

I am convinced, if you find yourself toxic in their eyes, take heart and rather ‘let God exalt you’ in due time, His own time! While these traditions are oft ‘time-honored’, you will soon discover they are very contrary to the word of God wherein they take delight in a self-inflicted declaration of war on the will of God as spoken by the blessed Holy Spirit, for that continued purpose of maintaining a defense for those chosen denominations. Long-live Your blessed unity of brother and sister in the Gift!

Believe me, the distance I have granted them itself is way past scriptural constraints, forgive me Lord!@bended knee! The awareness of those faulted aspects of these ‘traditions’ increases as one grows in the word which is not the first stage of humbling ourselves, , but this is a liberty I have adopted before the Lord. As He himself, the Holy Spirit initiated that day in Acts-2 struck man with a certain specific,

“, ,we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!”

IMO, if I am to humble myself before the Throne of Providence, these days, I am a lot less likely to allow foreign translations (which themselves are subject to bias, tone and style) dictate past what God performed through the translator scholastic teams, thinking – God was certainly able. God Bless the reading of His word which should always show us the tradition, and not the tradition abrogate to show us the word.

No wonder the heat one feels when you point out how some of those transgresses them, for the word,

“, ,is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

(Hebrews 4:12)

There is only one way to lay the groundwork Jesus presented to us to work from in our many capacities, by the word of God,

“Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.”

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We thank God for His wonderful,life changing Word. The Bible is more than just s musty old book left on a shelf,it is the inspired Word of God,as it is read and studied and meditated on and applied to our lives every day. 'It is the infallible,all sufficient rule for faith and conduct'. It endures forever!

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"...is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12)

Not referring to various interpretation of Scripture nor believers who haven't been exposed much to the Bible. But those who say they believe in God but refuse the Bible. Some are from main denominations and view it as out-of-date and needs to be rewritten. This dividing line whether we love His Word or not is getting more pronounced all the time.

Warning my family to check out which versions they read in the future.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We find God in the Scripture. 'Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved,a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly discerns the Word of Truth' (2 Timothy 2:15)

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"...is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12)

Not referring to various interpretation of Scripture nor believers who haven't been exposed much to the Bible. But those who say they believe in God but refuse the Bible. Some are from main denominations and view it as out-of-date and needs to be rewritten. This dividing line whether we love His Word or not is getting more pronounced all the time.

Warning my family to check out which versions they read in the future.
This - is - so - true! Justifiable liberty in Christ is gone over this. Just last year I believe it was the Church of England announced the initiation to produce a 'gender neutral' Bible. Things like, "Our Father, which is in heaven, , " to be replaced with some spiritual sounding parental substitute. Heresy! And this is but one example of the path of destruction many are on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We walk in the Spirit,according to the Word of God. His Word is life to us. It nourishes and strengthens us in our Christian life. 'This is the Word of God for which we give thanks!'

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I confess when first becoming a believer, it was difficult to read. Thankful that it has become easier through the years. Prefer using the AMPC, Darby, and TPT as well as the KJV. It can be read and studied for years and realize there is so much more.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I confess when first becoming a believer, it was difficult to read. Thankful that it has become easier through the years. Prefer using the AMPC, Darby, and TPT as well as the KJV. It can be read and studied for years and realize there is so much more.
Amen! The Word of God is like a treasure chest (I've never had one) But the more we dig in to the treasure chest of God's Word,the more we get out and it brings so much joy and blessing,not only for us,but for others too!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Remember that old catch-phrase; ‘Power to the People’ out of the 60’s pop culture? Those of us who were un-founded on the living, abiding Word and the love of God bought into so much of that whole mess. Only those who were established in the word of God knew these instinctively as cheap attempts to hijack God’s blessing whether they knew it or not,

“He catches the wise in their craftiness” and again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.” So then, no more boasting about human leaders! All things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.” – 1 Corinthians 3:19-23

No and furthermore, that same blessing of ownership does not belong to ‘false brethren’. As I eluded to in post no-6, the scores of souls who abrogate off the text for the express purpose to maintain certain traditions, even when they clearly had ought to back away, such refusal as denying the child of God the right to let scripture saturate our thinking, to speak it without hesitation as the Lord leads.

Sometimes, it takes years of the saint’s patience to finally get them to split hell wide open before you, by confessing there own misguided heart who holds you as fostering a “demonic” undertaking. But I have seen enough, thank God, if there is anything demonic over the handling of God’s word, it is those who teach limited passage for all!

Their response? We are 'not capable to grow without the schoolmaster to guide.' There again, their ignorance on display, thank God for his gifts of all methods of instruction, including the guiding peace of God which grants understanding.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The sacred texts of the Bible were composed by many different authors: people of different time periods, cultures and backgrounds, levels of education and understanding. The Bible contains a wide variety of literary styles and genres, but what makes them very unique is that they were inspired by God, therefore He is the primary Author. Through the Bible, God communicates to us His truth and His purpose for our lives.

The scriptures contain all things necessary for our salvation. They contain commandments on how we can live holy lives pleasing to God. The scriptures challenge and admonish the people of God, as well as providing them with encouragement, comfort and hope.

It is a very large collection of books, with many different translations. Not everyone has agreed on what the texts mean and this has sadly led to argument and division in the church. It is therefore important to read the Bible prayerfully, asking the Lord to give us wisdom and to direct us. I believe that the word of God has also been passed on to us through sacred tradition, however what has been taught by the Church must faithfully align with the scriptures. They are our primary rule of faith.

The Bible has often been referred to as the world's bestseller. Whether it is read or not, it is more likely to be found on a bookshelf than any other book. It is also perhaps the world's most smuggled book - people have literally risked their lives for sharing it, translating it and preaching what it teaches. The books of the Bible have changed hearts and lives like no other: "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12 NIV).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The sacred texts of the Bible were composed by many different authors: people of different time periods, cultures and backgrounds, levels of education and understanding. The Bible contains a wide variety of literary styles and genres, but what makes them very unique is that they were inspired by God, therefore He is the primary Author. Through the Bible, God communicates to us His truth and His purpose for our lives.

The scriptures contain all things necessary for our salvation. They contain commandments on how we can live holy lives pleasing to God. The scriptures challenge and admonish the people of God, as well as providing them with encouragement, comfort and hope.

It is a very large collection of books, with many different translations. Not everyone has agreed on what the texts mean and this has sadly led to argument and division in the church. It is therefore important to read the Bible prayerfully, asking the Lord to give us wisdom and to direct us. I believe that the word of God has also been passed on to us through sacred tradition, however what has been taught by the Church must faithfully align with the scriptures. They are our primary rule of faith.

The Bible has often been referred to as the world's bestseller. Whether it is read or not, it is more likely to be found on a bookshelf than any other book. It is also perhaps the world's most smuggled book - people have literally risked their lives for sharing it, translating it and preaching what it teaches. The books of the Bible have changed hearts and lives like no other: "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12 NIV).
That is so true, I love to hear how Bibles are smuggled into countries that are closed to the Gospel.
What amazes me are the people who read the Bible and reject the truth found there, and reject the Word of God.

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
That is so true, I love to hear how Bibles are smuggled into countries that are closed to the Gospel.
What amazes me are the people who read the Bible and reject the truth found there, and reject the Word of God.
I think at the heart of it all, people are resistant to change. Men and women are creatures of habit and don't want to hear anything that is going to challenge them. No one can hear the Word of God, respond to it, and ever expect not to change!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I think at the heart of it all, people are resistant to change. Men and women are creatures of habit and don't want to hear anything that is going to challenge them. No one can hear the Word of God, respond to it, and ever expect not to change!
Yes! The Bible is a thought changing,life changing library of books,inspired by God to which there is no equal. When the Truth is received and applied and lived out faithfully in the grace of God,the life is revolutionised!

Upvote 0