Visit site
✟336,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
His resurrection was his justification. But why did God raise him from the dead?
The thread title should be changed to why does the resurrection matter to answer that question..

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
His resurrection was his justification. But why did God raise him from the dead?
His resurrection was proof of who He said He was.
He was the 'Firstfruits' of the resurrection. If Christ had not been raised neither could we be raised.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your answer is that God never declared Jesus to be righteous?
You asked, "on what grounds does God declare Jesus righteous?"

I told you what the grounds were. I just said:
How was Jesus justified? Might as well ask, "how is God holy?" It's simply God's nature. Same with Jesus - how is He justified? Jesus' very nature is righteous, holy, sinless. He is justified simply by His very nature being justified.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's extraordinary is the default claim that Jesus spent 3 years preaching his Gospel to the Jews, who finally rejected that gospel and killed him, only to have after-cross thinkers clam that killing him as a human sacrifice was actually "the gospel" all along.

We are born into the Greko-Roman-Pagan worlds adoption and adaptation of the original; the religion of Jesus became a religion about Jesus. The Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven that was lived, preached and taught by Jesus was unintentionally replaced/evolved into/with "Christ and him crucified".
It is your opinion even the 4 Gospel accounts were altered in some way?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He was the 'Firstfruits' of the resurrection. If Christ had not been raised neither could we be raised.
If He had not been justified, declared righteous through His resurrection, we could not be declared righteous, in Him.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

I agree with all of that. But this still doesn't answer the question. Why did God raise Jesus from the dead?

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If He had not been justified, declared righteous through His resurrection, we could not be declared righteous, in Him.
I agree. We very much need Jesus to be justified because our justification depends on his. So we are justified in him. How was Jesus justified?

Upvote 0

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How do we know that Jesus was without sin? How did God know that Jesus' earthly life was without sin?
Are you serious?? Jesus being sinless and God being aware of that are pretty basic tenets of the Bible, unless you reject the idea that the Bible is the Word of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Are you serious?? Jesus being sinless and God being aware of that are pretty basic tenets of the Bible, unless you reject the idea that the Bible is the Word of God.

So you're saying that because Jesus was divine during his earthly life that he was automatically sinless? If that's the case then why did he have to grow up into manhood? Why not die for us while he was still a baby?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The divinity of Jesus was a feature Christian belief from the very beginning. I recommend Lord Jesus Christ: Devotion to Jesus in Earliest Christianity to anyone who wants to consider the evidence.
I believe @Colter is making the point that Jesus preached the Gospel of the Kingdom but His very own apostles preached a different Gospel of His death, resurrection and ascension.

However, the apostles preached both the Kingdom of God/Heaven and Christ crucified, died and Risen.

There's a reason for that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So you're saying that because Jesus was divine during his earthly life that he was automatically sinless?
How many divine sinners are you aware of?

If that's the case then why did he have to grow up into manhood? Why not die for us while he was still a baby?
Did you miss the part of the Gospels where Jesus had a ministry and taught people things and performed miracles to demonstrate who He was? Kinda hard to do that had He just been born, died as a baby and left.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That just takes us back to where we started. I don't believe you've answered my question. What am I missing?
I don't know.
You have received many answers of which most are closely related, but you must have something else in mind.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
How many divine sinners are you aware of?

So is it that might makes right? Jesus, because he is divine, is defacto-justified? Even if he violated God's Law?

Did you miss the part of the Gospels where Jesus had a ministry and taught people things and performed miracles to demonstrate who He was? Kinda hard to do that had He just been born, died as a baby and left.

He could easily have risen as a baby and then progressed into manhood, performing the same teachings and miracles. Or he could have appeared as the Angel of the Lord, teaching from heaven and performing miracles.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't know.
You have received many answers of which most are closely related, but you must have something else in mind.

I'm just curious as to why people hesitate or avoid the obvious answer. He was justified by works of the Law. God raised Jesus from the dead because he was perfectly obedient and without sin. Jesus is our righteousness because he earned a perfect record of righteousness for us by living a righteous, human life.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.