How to tell someone you’re seeing you’re no longer interested in dating?

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It sounds like he's smitten :astonished:.. It could be he's doing all this just to try and impress you. Maybe if you have a word with him about how you really feel inside, you'll be surprised to learn that he's not really like that after all.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I want to end seeing him respectfully, should I tell him tonight at dinner that I’d prefer to just be friends for now?
I wouldn't insert the words "just be friends for now" into the conversation. It's hard to tell but some guys see this as a sliver of hope. To the point where they will initially compromise their own deeply held standards but as time goes by in years they'll resent it and come to conclusions like, "he was giving everything and getting nothing back".

The easiest way to end dating him, call him up asap and cancel you're next date. Explain that you would rather spend that time looking for another man to date. That's what you really want to do, don't you?

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I’m currently seeing this guy who is super sweet and it’s obvious God is doing incredible things in his life for the Kingdom. However, I just have this bad gut feeling about dating him. I met him online and have only met in person for 3 dates however on the last date we went to the cinema and he reached over to hold my hand which at first I thought was cute but then he started massaging my hand for the entire 2 hours of the cinema. He also commented out loud of events that happened in the cinema and I started feeling embarrassed as the cinema was packed with people and I could tell the people beside me where annoyed with his commentaries. (I had seen the movie before so he was asking me questions like ‘she doesn’t die does she?!’ Which I obvs didn’t answer to ruin the movie for others.) We then walked to the bus depo and he was staring at me intently and I just knew he was going to kiss me. He waited until his bus pulled up and then gave me a goodbye kiss...only he started making out with me and I’m almost 90% sure he tried to use tongue. I tried to pull away but he kept going until I kinda pushed him off telling him his bus is about to leave. I should have pulled away straight away but I didn’t mind a quick peck and thought that’s what he was going for. I felt a bit used, normally I wait until we have the bf/gf talk before kissing and definitely not going straight to making out!

I’m meant to be meeting him tonight for dinner and a walk in a quiet area but now I’m a little bit scared. I’m afraid he will want to make out again. How do I end it with him?

He seems a nice guy but he wants to move very fast, he texts a lot and always replies to me straight away which I find a little draining. He tells me he trusts me to tell me almost anything even though I’ve only met him 3 times. I do question his motives and his own discernment but he is a devoted Christian studying to be a preacher so I don’t think he is deliberately being malicious. He also said he ended things with his ex because he felt like he was giving everything and getting nothing back (not sure what he means by that.) He also asked me if I’m a cuddler and said his ex was not and that made him sad.

I want to end seeing him respectfully, should I tell him tonight at dinner that I’d prefer to just be friends for now?
Lets tell it like it is. He's no super model......therefore his looks do not out weigh the habits that you find unappealing. And no amount of holy ghost can can change an average looking man into a supermodel.

I like to be straight with it..........we dont date people because of how much word they know.....and very few people desire to hear a sermon right before going into their wedding beds every night.

Do not dump him after he buys you a meal, when you already planned to do so before eating it......for this might give you an unwanted label.

Tell it to him straight and fast and do not waste anymore of your or his time and money.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So I’m currently seeing this guy who is super sweet and it’s obvious God is doing incredible things in his life for the Kingdom. However, I just have this bad gut feeling about dating him. I met him online and have only met in person for 3 dates however on the last date we went to the cinema and he reached over to hold my hand which at first I thought was cute but then he started massaging my hand for the entire 2 hours of the cinema. He also commented out loud of events that happened in the cinema and I started feeling embarrassed as the cinema was packed with people and I could tell the people beside me where annoyed with his commentaries. (I had seen the movie before so he was asking me questions like ‘she doesn’t die does she?!’ Which I obvs didn’t answer to ruin the movie for others.) We then walked to the bus depo and he was staring at me intently and I just knew he was going to kiss me. He waited until his bus pulled up and then gave me a goodbye kiss...only he started making out with me and I’m almost 90% sure he tried to use tongue. I tried to pull away but he kept going until I kinda pushed him off telling him his bus is about to leave. I should have pulled away straight away but I didn’t mind a quick peck and thought that’s what he was going for. I felt a bit used, normally I wait until we have the bf/gf talk before kissing and definitely not going straight to making out!

I’m meant to be meeting him tonight for dinner and a walk in a quiet area but now I’m a little bit scared. I’m afraid he will want to make out again. How do I end it with him?

He seems a nice guy but he wants to move very fast, he texts a lot and always replies to me straight away which I find a little draining. He tells me he trusts me to tell me almost anything even though I’ve only met him 3 times. I do question his motives and his own discernment but he is a devoted Christian studying to be a preacher so I don’t think he is deliberately being malicious. He also said he ended things with his ex because he felt like he was giving everything and getting nothing back (not sure what he means by that.) He also asked me if I’m a cuddler and said his ex was not and that made him sad.

Uh, no! Don't tell him he's about to be disappointed on his dollar. Just simply let him down as gently as you can with a phone call (or if you can't manage that, then tell him the 'bad news' through a text). It's going to sting either way, but if you're not really liking this guy, just let him know................tomorrow morning, after Valentine's Day. [Or just cancel your date with him tonight, and he'll get the message ............]

Oh, and maybe at least tell him some of his good points as you shuffle him off. ;)

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Follow your gut. Join a new club of people and don't look back.

1*fuLv6D_DUqurjtclsiA9cA.png

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just be straight with him. If you have this much doubt, I would call him and let him know before tonight (or text, as you young folks do nowadays). Don't worry about how he takes it. The pain will go away, and that's just life. Say a prayer for him and move on, sister. If that doesn't work, there must be fifty other ways...

• Agree
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or we can blame it on Jesus...... I hear this a lot "I know god wants us together and sent this person to me.......but..."

Im sure he can also tell people to separate as well......To spend more time with Him? How can a soon to be preacher have a problem with one following the instructions of God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums