USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Barna does his research primarily on self identified evangelical christians.
Ic....but note that the sect of Christianity used is not the largest one......And things are different now.....I grew up in a time where "better to marry than to burn" meant "you better get married before having sex or you will be burnt alive!"

The "fear of God" is not in the latest generation.....and I dont necessarily think this fact is all that bad.
I could be the old walking in the wilderness waiting for death...so the young can enter the promise land.......unless i too become....as a child.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
.I grew up in a time where "better to marry than to burn" meant "you better get married before having sex or you will be burnt alive!"
Yeah - me too.

While I (a boomer) definately see premarital sex as sinful, I see a lot of other stuff as even more sinful - like undue and unmerciful legalism.

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah - me too.

While I (a boomer) definately see premarital sex as sinful, I see a lot of other stuff as even more sinful - like undue and unmerciful legalism.
Growing up, being religious was the WAY. Walking the straight line while point out those, in shame, too drunk with sin to be able to walk that straight line themselves.

Since being called out from among them, I find it difficult to see evil and more difficult to condemn. But since this was not a choice of my own...I do not condemn even those who were in the state that I was in..... For we all do what we believe is right....until right become wrong and wrong becomes right.....

Upvote 0