✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
How to stop sinning
Hi I realy want to stop sinning the only sin where I'm struggling whit is mastrubation... I want to stop sinning to come closer to God.
But if I try to stop whit mastrubation I stop for 2 days or sometimes 1 and then I fail over and over... Everytime I say to my self this time I realy gonna stop but I fail again.. Someone have tips to stop sinning?

iu

Reactions: Skawk”
Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It's called a penis, and it is used in sexual intercourse.

Perhaps the reason why so many people in the Church are completely confused about sex is that we're talking about sex like we're all eight years old and are afraid the grownups are going to find us giggling about genitals.

-CryptoLutheran

That's right,you set the record straight!

Upvote 0

Bryan H

Looking for God in all the wrong places
Jan 19, 2016
Newark
✟19,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As someone who has been struggling with the same thing since I became born again four years ago, I empathize with you. I'm not going give you the "everybody sins" cop out but I think some people here are failing to realize not everyone has the same level of hormones or self control. God sees that you're trying and that you legitimately want to change. The enemy sees that as well and has the ability to 'take things up a notch' to the point where resistance seems futile. It's not futile though. Don't just repent and hope to do better next time. God has the ability to remove that desire from you completely so every time you repent and ask Him to change you and help suppress those desires.

If it was as easy as stopping all by yourself you wouldn't be here putting yourself on blast asking what to do. Hope this helped.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think you’re making a little and seemingly arbitrary thing more important than it is for your spiritual journey and I think if it is something you are truly worried about, speaking with somebody from your denomination is a better way to go than asking on the Internet. Between the people who are deliberately offensive and the ones who can’t speak seriously about sex with any sense of maturity and the ones who have distorted views of sexual relationships, it’s just too difficult to weed out the sincere advice from the weirdos.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Masturbation seems to be a favorite topic on every Christian forum on which I've ever participated (and that is a lot of forums over a period of 25 years). I don't want to minimize your concerns, but if masturbation is the biggest impediment to your relationship with God you're in pretty good shape unless it's just a complete obsession that is occupying large swaths of your time.

Is it coupled with an obsession with inappropriate contentography? Does it focus on deviant or dangerous practices? If so, then I would say get some help. There are lots and lots of resources, including books and online communities, for people who struggle with the same thing.

If you're just a single 21-year-old guy who is using occasional masturbation as an alternative to fornication, I think I'd say "Relax. This should not concern you to the extent it seems to be doing, and it really does not need to be an impediment to your relationship with God." Express your concern to God and pray for the Spirit's help in managing your urges, but don't be dismayed if a miracle of deliverance doesn't occur until you're married.

Is occasional masturbation by a single 21-year-old guy even a sin? I'm not convinced. Is a wet dream a sin?

Do you know how many pastors struggle with inappropriate contentography addiction and deviant urges and practices? Research indicate it's a lot. Unless your problem is much more significant than your post suggests, I would say "I think your attitude is what is making this an impediment to your relationship with God. Relax, communicate with God about it, and get on with your Christian walk."
I hate to be THAT guy, but what you just shared is simply not scriptural.

What it is is acceptance of sin continuing in our lives as normal, unavoidable, and as 'no big deal', so don't sweat it. We do not realize that sin, big or small, especially willful sin, breaks fellowship with God. He is still our savior, but He is distant, not close.

And why do we not realize it? Because we have grown up as part of the church that cannot walk in victory.

But is this what our God has promised us? Does He not tell us that sin shall NOT have dominion over us, that He will set us free indeed? Does our shield of faith actually quench Satans arrows as promised? Is it possible to bring every thought unto the obedience of Christ? Do we not get it? It MUST BE, unless..... unless our God is a liar.

We are even now entering the valley of decision. Will we believe our God? No matter what? Glory to God, His promises are yea and amen. And there exists a way for every single person to walk in victory over the world, the flesh.... OUR flesh.... and the devil himself.

But here is the deal. It is our refusing to lower the standard of walking pure before the Lord, and to break before Him and cry out with all that is within us to "make me holy!", that will move our God to "do it for us".... IN us.

Hunger must preceed being satisfied. Tears must preceed joy. Brokenness must supplant pride. Guys, God is about to open eyes to the HOW of holiness, where joy flows like a river, where no sin, even addictions can stand up to Christ in us. Not with us. IN.

Things are about to get really good. But know this. If we continue to sin willfully, there remains no more sacrifice for sin but a certain FEARFUL looking for of judgment. We are going to have to face that as truth, regardless of how it fits our understanding of being saved. Sin hardens hearts. Period.

blessings to all,

Gids

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Get a wife to put it in if you can't control your sin. Probably the most practical solution.

Good luck.
LOL Finding a Christian wife is not impossible but appears to be very close to it!

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi I realy want to stop sinning the only sin where I'm struggling whit is mastrubation... I want to stop sinning to come closer to God.
But if I try to stop whit mastrubation I stop for 2 days or sometimes 1 and then I fail over and over... Everytime I say to my self this time I realy gonna stop but I fail again.. Someone have tips to stop sinning?
The addiction you are facing is about as powerful as a cocaine habit. In addition, for men, it is a hormonal thing and strengthened by lonliness and isolation.

I have struggled with it, stopped struggling, struggled again, given up again etc etc for about 34 years now and I can tell you there are only 2 situations in which I have been victorious for any extended period of time. They are:
  • When I was with my wife, and;
  • When I was immersed in a strong Christian mission community, living as Christ told us to live.
Other than that nothing has worked and I continue to "burn with passion" on a bi-weekly basis.

Paul was right when he said "it is better to marry than to burn with passion", but unless you are fortuate enough to be a part of a Christian community full of single women good luck to you. The world is full of potential partners but precious few who will not drag you away from Him.

So you are certainly not alone in this and I really hope that you can find a way to beat it. But you should not be beating yourself up in the process. Lean on Him and His grace. If He wants your raging hormones to leave you alone for the sake of sanity then He will work something out. If He's not doing anything then it probably doesn't matter that much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
LOL Finding a Christian wife is not impossible but appears to be very close to it!

People have been complaining about that comment non stop. I don't think it's degenerate and there are members on this forum who say it's normal to be a queer. That kind of talk never gets viewed as vile but male female relationship is? I would expect that type of thinking on a sodomite pride parade but not a Christian forum.

Come on now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People have been complaining about that comment non stop. I don't think it's degenerate and there are members on this forum who say it's normal to a queer. That kind of talk never gets viewed as vile but male female relationship is? I would expect that type of thinking on a sodomite pride parade but not a Christian forum.

Come on now.
The Church clearly regards male and female meeting with a view to marriage as vile.
I have never ever met a woman in the Church who I could be married to because they are all so heavily protected and/or suspicious of any man that wants to meet them, and this was as much true 27 years ago when I was a fresh young man as it is today when I'm a middle aged one.
I get sick of being accused of being homosexual. I do not particularly like the company of men, far less wanting to hang out with them in a romantic way.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟885,748.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I don't think masturbation is a sin by itself. Looking at filthy stuff doing it is certainly sin. So if you do that, start there with ending that. God bless!

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

AvisG

Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2019
West
✟23,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hate to be THAT guy, but what you just shared is simply not scriptural.
I don't disagree with anything you've said. However, precisely what do you think the OP's "sin" is? I think the point of Dr. Dobson, myself and perhaps some others is that what this single 21-year-old guy has described is simply not sin - or is certainly by far the lesser of the sinful alternatives available to a single 21-year-old guy. So he struggles mightily, overcomes his masturbation with the help of the Holy Spirit, has erotic dreams matching his masturbation fantasies, and wakes up in puddles of wet dreams. Are we all happy now? I hate to be THAT guy too, but your unrealistic attitude toward matters sexual - the dreaded Sin of Onan by a single 21-year-old guy, for crying out loud - exemplifies what my post was talking about.

At least in the posts I read, he gave no more information than that he was a single 21-year-old guy wracked with guilt over occasional masturbation. To that, I say "Relax. There is no reason to be wracked with guilt. It's your attitude, not the occasional masturbation, that is the problem. Your hormones are going to find satisfaction one way or the other, and this is the lesser of many alternatives." It's also why I asked if the masturbation was accompanied by an obsession with inappropriate contentography or a fixation on dangerous or deviant practices, because then we would be talking about more than garden-variety masturbation.

• Agree
Reactions: Leet
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Church clearly regards male and female meeting with a view to marriage as vile.
I have never ever met a woman in the Church who I could be married to because they are all so heavily protected and/or suspicious of any man that wants to meet them, and this was as much true 27 years ago when I was a fresh young man as it is today when I'm a middle aged one.
I get sick of being accused of being homosexual. I do not particularly like the company of men, far less wanting to hang out with them in a romantic way.
And women should be wary of us, knowing that we Christians are marrying them to have someone "to put it in." Or to avoid touching themselves. They should mean more to us than that.

We don't find wives to relieve sexual frustration.....that is the job of a harlot.....not a wife.

• Winner
Reactions: Leet
Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

You got that right my man. In fact you got one these people appealing to you about the problems men cause women right now with a post.

Probably goes out to these queer marches in his spare time,celebrating sodomite pride whilst simultaneously denigrating traditional marriage. Disgraceful. Sad world we live in when men and women relationships are viewed with such disdain and degeneracy gets normalized. Rather than placing unnecessary burdens on normal relationships Christians should be protecting the model of man and woman relationship.

Shame on those people!

Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

DIE. That's the way to stop sinning. It's the only way.

• Agree
Reactions: Daniel C
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes Die daily. It is possible to overcome sin with God......If you say it isnt.....You would be going directly against the words of Christ: "For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Who are we to say Jesus was lying?

• Haha
Reactions: Daniel C
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Agreed, and thank God for giving us the way to die...with Christ at water baptism. (Rom 6:3-6)
The result is written in verse 7..."For he that is dead is freed from sin."
Of course baptism in Jesus' name for the remission of past sins is useless without a true, permanent, repentance from sin first. (Acts 2:38)

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.