Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been having bad and x rated dreams for some time now and don't know how to stop them. I have prayed over them to no avail. I have talked to both a doctor and a pastor about them and they said a can't be held accountable about them by man nor God but I still feel bad for having them especially the x rated ones. Any advice?

----------------------------------------------------

mn

thatforumguy77

Random Person
Nov 5, 2013
✟8,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Change the way you think.
Remember what Jesus said about the sinning hand? That doesn't mean you have to cut it off literally, but functionally, the principle is the same. Remove all bad influences from your immediate vicinity - this includes friends who talk fleshly talk. Remove magazines, posters, wallpapers, and other materials that have questionable materials (you have to judge yourself in this, just remove anything that makes you think bad thoughts). Install an accountability software in your computer and have its history mailed to someone you trust (talk to them first of course). Stop watching R-rated movies (not only the sexual ones, but the violent ones as well) then focus only on movies that focus on good things. Shawshank Redemption, and the like. Or, if you're really really serious, limit it to biblical films.

Those who belong to the world, think of worldly things, but those of heaven...
Fill your mind with things that are good and deserve praise: things true, noble, right, pure, lovely, and honorable. Do not think of wasteful things. Do not give the devil a foothold. Sometimes a dream is a warning sign that your mind is wandering to wrong territories.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
To break a habit, you need to believe you can fight it. That it's not stronger than you. It might seem like you are an overpowered victim when you're unconscious, but people have successfully been able to turn around their dreams.

Determine to make a shift while you're in the dream, even if it seems impossible. Little by little, you can bring dreams under some amount of control -- because it's the same brain giving the commands as playing out the scenarios.

Consider that some of this might come from anxiety -- you feel guilty, and guilt can sometimes shift to a sense of victimization, and then helplessness to change. Then anxiety tells you how wrong you are, and the cycle continues. Set out to stop it.

A lot of people find help in rebuking, stating God's promises, reciting verses, singing praise songs, praising God, thanking Him in advance... fill your mind with good things, and there will be less room for intrusions.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Change the way you think.
Remember what Jesus said about the sinning hand? That doesn't mean you have to cut it off literally, but functionally, the principle is the same. Remove all bad influences from your immediate vicinity - this includes friends who talk fleshly talk. Remove magazines, posters, wallpapers, and other materials that have questionable materials (you have to judge yourself in this, just remove anything that makes you think bad thoughts). Install an accountability software in your computer and have its history mailed to someone you trust (talk to them first of course). Stop watching R-rated movies (not only the sexual ones, but the violent ones as well) then focus only on movies that focus on good things. Shawshank Redemption, and the like. Or, if you're really really serious, limit it to biblical films.

Those who belong to the world, think of worldly things, but those of heaven...
Fill your mind with things that are good and deserve praise: things true, noble, right, pure, lovely, and honorable. Do not think of wasteful things. Do not give the devil a foothold. Sometimes a dream is a warning sign that your mind is wandering to wrong territories.

Because I am a retiree, I'm on the web a lot and watch a little tv (there are hardly any good, decent, uplifting tv shows or movies) but try to keep it in g rated or pg at the most type of sites. A lot of my dreams are scary, tormenting type dreams, have no idea (except one) where they come from. Some of them are from my years at work, like I'm back there and will never get out of having to work forever.

------------------------------------------

mn

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To break a habit, you need to believe you can fight it. That it's not stronger than you. It might seem like you are an overpowered victim when you're unconscious, but people have successfully been able to turn around their dreams.

Determine to make a shift while you're in the dream, even if it seems impossible. Little by little, you can bring dreams under some amount of control -- because it's the same brain giving the commands as playing out the scenarios.

Consider that some of this might come from anxiety -- you feel guilty, and guilt can sometimes shift to a sense of victimization, and then helplessness to change. Then anxiety tells you how wrong you are, and the cycle continues. Set out to stop it.

A lot of people find help in rebuking, stating God's promises, reciting verses, singing praise songs, praising God, thanking Him in advance... fill your mind with good things, and there will be less room for intrusions.

In the last three years since I have turned to Jesus I have only one time in a dream remember to rebuke the enemy and this is when it was quite obvious that it was the Devil tormenting me and there was a large fire in the dream then I woke up. But in all the other ones I am usually got some decision to make but never remember that I am born again and call on God or rebuke the problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

mn

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Change the way think--- Stop watching R-rated movies (not only the sexual ones, but the violent ones as well) then focus only on movies that focus on good things. Shawshank Redemption, and the like. Or, if you're really really serious, limit it to biblical films..

It's funny you include Shawshank Redemption in the good films; that movie scared the bee geebers out of me, all them buried bodies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

mn

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dreams are just random-like imagination but with a healthy mind and full of Christ's wisdom, sexuality is seen as a flesh-and-substance hunger-driven joy that might relieve stress and depression emotionally, as well as a lot of energy:.
The downside to sexuality is that pleasure is temporary and requires consumption of sufficient amounts of healthy foods to get you on your feet again, where energy is used mainly in most of our working lives to make ends meet, especially when many low-income earners like myself are on a tight budget for buying groceries each week:.
Christ's spirituality is definitely the ultimate pleasure for joy and peace without the need for flesh-and-substance pleasure and extra energy-revitalized health food consumption:.
Once Jesus returns and defeats Satan, Christ's victory will last forever and will give endless maximum spiritual power to our new future-coming minds and bodies of Christ where every saved brother and sister of Christ will no longer be seen as a heterosexual or homosexual individual.;'*';.
Rev 21:2 :liturgy:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is your faith walk?
What is your ministry/ and or calling?

Well, because I'm retired, don't have a car and it is hard to get rides to the local churches; my ministry would be prayer, as they used to call them, prayer warriors. I have had several, maybe many, of my prayers answered but this one seems to have stymied me.

---------------------------------------------

mn

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dreams are just random-like imagination but with a healthy mind and full of Christ's wisdom, sexuality is seen as a flesh-and-substance hunger-driven joy that might relieve stress and depression emotionally, as well as a lot of energy:.
The downside to sexuality is that pleasure is temporary and requires consumption of sufficient amounts of healthy foods to get you on your feet again, where energy is used mainly in most of our working lives to make ends meet, especially when many low-income earners like myself are on a tight budget for buying groceries each week:.
Christ's spirituality is definitely the ultimate pleasure for joy and peace without the need for flesh-and-substance pleasure and extra energy-revitalized health food consumption:.
Once Jesus returns and defeats Satan, Christ's victory will last forever and will give endless maximum spiritual power to our new future-coming minds and bodies of Christ where every saved brother and sister of Christ will no longer be seen as a heterosexual or homosexual individual.;'*';.
Rev 21:2 :liturgy:

Your analogy between food and the spiritual I'm not understanding too well. Wouldn't the spiritual food be the Word of God; the Bible, and eating it, reading the word as "faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God"?
I do read the Bible a lot and study on-line at different sites.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

mn

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Who is ministering to you one on one/ face to face?
Do you have other Christians come to your home
for fellowship, Bible studies, prayer etc?

I never had a car until I was in my mid to late twenties,
my mom didn't drive, so we had Christians come to our
home for fellowship and Bible studies.

Are you connected to a Christian prayer partner and a
Christian mentor?
Being in fellowship, shouldering one another's burdens,
encouraging each other etc? These could be beneficial for
someone who is retired and lacks transportation.

Have you talked with your minister or other mature believers
about being bothered by nightmares? How did they respond?

Have you spoken to a medical doctor or counselor about your
nightmares?
How did they respond?

Exploring all areas...
Have you experienced Post traumatic stress?
Sleep apnea? Anxiety?
Also certain medications can cause a person to have nightmares...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mnorian, you should have gotten better advice from the pastor. Will respond more later.

Were you talking about the pastor I talked to or are some of the respondents here pastors?

----------------------------------------------------------

mn

Upvote 0