Lawrenceville
✟15,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I grew up catholic but I was always skeptical about it, most of it was about how god got there, how did he just "make" everything, and many others. Two years ago my mom passed away from brain cancer, and the whole time she was going through it, she was always praying and asking for god to heal her. I realized that her devotion was the one thing that helped her keep going, she had something to look forward to when she woke up. Up until now, I always thought that life had no meaning whatsoever, and nothing really matters, which left me feeling gloomy and down all the time, and im getting tired of feeling that way, I want to have a reason to get up in the mornings, like my mom did, to have some direction. Even though i've got my doubts and speculations, I still want to at least try to believe in God, i started reading the Bible and have been praying, but I still feel lost.

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who strive to do what is right can find God if they will --

34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears [respects] him and does what is right." (Acts chapter 10)

What is right? This, Christ told us -- "So in everything do to others as you would have them do to you, for this sums up the law and the prophets."

If this is what you respect and want, Christ tells us how to seek Him --

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." (Matthew chapter 7)

Those seeking to find God could find Him this way--
13 "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity." (Jeremiah chapter 29)

Along the way, read Christ's words in the gospels.

Upvote 0