Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ahhh, okay. I see where you are coming from. However, if you told me this while being an atheist, I'd simply point out that God is more complex, thus even if my viewpoint is improbable, your is less rational.
To which I would point out to you that either God exists or He doesn't 50/50.... that evolution is fact, factors in all possibles as well, that means all theories, all variations on those theories, every possible, making the probability much less than 50/50.

See, the first step in revealing Christ to someone isn't convincing them that He is...it's convincing them that He could be. Once you convince them that He could be, then the field is open...then evidence like a changed life, prophecy fulfilled, probabilities, even the world we live in, take on new meaning. Once you convince someone that God's existence is possible, then, that person suddenly has eyes to see through the barriers to the evidence God has given us...

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
faceofbear said:
I disagree with this because I've been there. And I know others on this forum who have, as well. The Bible says clearly that our minds can be blinded. Thus, someone may not know God is real simply because God has chosen to blind their minds.
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.

Upvote 0

faceofbear

Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Texas
✟9,739.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Upvote 0

torcot

Jan 13, 2010
✟8,009.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Nothing. There is nothing you can do to prove that God exists. You can only tell her why you believe. Pray for her and show her the love of Christ via your actions. If God calls to her and opens her heart and eyes, then she will see. Until then, you must pray incessantly.

Best response

Upvote 0

NNSV

Feb 5, 2011
✟15,396.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My friend wants me to prove to her that god is real. She says that evolution is true and that theres no way that a person could have put two people on this earth and they ended up writing a bible. What can I say to her to change her mind?

Science is incredibly bounded: take a look just 20 years in the past and see how many "absolutes" of science have been crushed by "modern" science, including evolution. I wouldn't use science as a barometer of truth, but to each his/her own...

Moreover, there is nothing you can do or say to your friend that will prove God's existence to her. In fact, no one can technically prove God exists, because He is omnipresent (everywhere/everthing.) He is grander than the grandest thing.

A created being trying to prove God exists would be similar to a cell trying to prove that you as a human exists. God exists because He exists: unfortunately it is that simple. Descartes borrowed from this to create the famous quote "I think, therefore I am [existent]." The names of God all have to do with conscious existence (YHWH = "the self-existent one"; I am [that] I am is another name).

So, just leave her alone. Like other have said, only God can reveal Himself to one of His creations. The means (prophet/prophecy, Christ, believers, death, calamity, evil, etc.) is His choosing.

Upvote 0

savedfromdistruction

Dec 30, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My friend wants me to prove to her that god is real. She says that evolution is true and that theres no way that a person could have put two people on this earth and they ended up writing a bible. What can I say to her to change her mind?

Nothing except Pray for her and live a godly life. God cannot be proven by you or anyone to someone who does not want to know.

Upvote 0