How to pray for and respond to someone who has ill intent...

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I need advice/encouragement on how to pray for my step-children's mother and her husband. They are moving the children almost 4 hrs away soon, are trying to keep the kids away from their father every chance possible, speaking ill of my husband and I, plus other things. My husband is devastated by all this and it makes my heart ache. Is it wrong for me to hope their jobs fall through and they cant move? The kids say their mom's reason is she "wants to start over" and "not deal with their dad" anymore. :-(

Ark100

The Lord is my Refuge
Mar 11, 2012
✟10,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
You cant pray for someones job to fall through, if its their means of livelihood. Its like praying negativity for them when they need this job to cater for their own self and family.
If they have to move, then they have to. If you want to pray for the kids to stay back, in praying to God, to do His will regarding the situation, not what you want to happen, especially not hoping or praying for someone's job to fall through.
If its God's will or their destiny to move, they will.

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You can certainly pray that they will have a change of heart, or the job winds up leaving them here where they are. There's nothing wrong with that. It might be a good idea to engage the church pastors involved, if she and her husband are Christians. If not, then feel free to go straight to court. There is nothing wrong with that.

I'd make sure the court reminds them that, if they move that far away, they have a responsibility to make certain the kids are made available for visits with your husband. Sometimes that means the mother has to drive halfway and meet the dad to deliver the kids to him. She may want to "start over" and "not deal with" your husband anymore, but she doesn't seem to realize she can't legally remove him from their children's lives.

If she and her new husband are moving across a state line, they need the local court's permission to do so. They can't just up and move. This is what she doesn't understand. She has a responsibility to assure that her kids still have contact with their father, and is she is trying to cut them off from him, it is absolutely right and proper for you husband to ask the court to intervene.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I need advice/encouragement on how to pray for my step-children's mother and her husband. They are moving the children almost 4 hrs away soon, are trying to keep the kids away from their father every chance possible, speaking ill of my husband and I, plus other things. My husband is devastated by all this and it makes my heart ache. Is it wrong for me to hope their jobs fall through and they cant move? The kids say their mom's reason is she "wants to start over" and "not deal with their dad" anymore. :-(
Father in Heaven I come to You in Jesus name and I ask
you to bless the parents of these step children.
Father forgive them and deliver them from evil.

Father I ask that You would come ito their lives and bring
the truth of Your love and forgiveness in Jesus Christ.

Father I ask that you would save their souls and bring Your love
and protection into their lives and bless these children and lead
them to You.

Father protect these children and bring them into the truth
of Your love for them in Jesus Christ.

Father I ask that You would use us in any way that You see fit
to bless these parents and these children.

Father help us to love them as You love us and let our lives
reflect Your love and blessings to them so that they will see
You in our lives and be drawn to You.

In Jesus name we pray...

Upvote 0